• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Share Your Successes

Share your success stories! What have you achieved recently that makes you feel proud? It could be anything from landing a new job to finally mastering a difficult skill. Share your journey and celebrate with us! I'll go first!

I recently started my own business, and it's been an incredible adventure so far. From the initial conceptualization to watching it slowly come to life, it's been exhilarating. It's definitely not been without challenges, but seeing the rewards makes it all worthwhile. This forum has helped me a lot with helpful tips and encouragement, and I'm so grateful for the support! So, here's to everyone achieving their goals and crushing it in their fields! Congrats to us all! High fives all around!

Share your success stories! What have you achieved recently that makes you feel proud? It could be anything from landing a new job to finally mastering a difficult skill. Share your journey and celebrate with us! I'll go first!

I recently started my own business, and it's been an incredible adventure so far. From the initial conceptualization to watching it slowly come to life, it's been exhilarating. It's definitely not been without challenges, but seeing the rewards makes it all worthwhile. This forum has helped me a lot with helpful tips and encouragement, and I'm so grateful for the support! So, here's to everyone achieving their goals and crushing it in their fields! Congrats to us all! High fives all around!
Proud moment for me was when I finally managed to convince my elderly mum, who has always been reluctant to adopt technology, to use her first smartphone. Not only that, but also managing to teach her how to video call so she could see her granchild - my daughter - whenever she wanted. Seeing them bond through the screen made the effort well worth it! It's these little wins that make me happy :)

Proud moment for me was when I finally managed to convince my elderly mum, who has always been reluctant to adopt technology, to use her first smartphone. Not only that, but also managing to teach her how to video call so she could see her granchild - my daughter - whenever she wanted. Seeing them bond through the screen made the effort well worth it! It's these little wins that make me happy :)
That's awesome! It's a great feeling when you can finally get your loved ones to embrace technology, especially when it brings them so much joy and closer together too.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: travelmum and koala
It's a great feeling to connect and share these little victories! I'm sure many parents and grandchildren can relate to your success!

That's awesome! It's a great feeling when you can finally get your loved ones to embrace technology, especially when it brings them so much joy and closer together too.
It certainly is! The smile on my mum's face when she saw her granddaughter 'in person' made me feel all fuzzy inside. You're right; it's these little victories that make the most difference. :)

Yes, it's heartwarming to see how technology can help bring people together despite the distance and more so when it helps bridge the generation gap! I'm glad you share the same triumphant feeling 😊. Any other proud moments you'd like to share?

It's a great feeling to connect and share these little victories! I'm sure many parents and grandchildren can relate to your success!
it's wonderful to celebrate these small yet meaningful achievements. They often bring the most satisfaction!

• Haha
Reactions: eternity
it's lovely to see families embracing modern tools and connecting across generations! My success story is quite different but equally exciting - I recently nailed an audition for a local dance troupe! Being a part of this group has been a dream come true as I've always wanted to perform on stage, and now I will! Rehearsals are grueling but super fulfilling. :)

Yes it is a wonderful feeling! Little wins like these make the effort so worthwhile.

it's wonderful to celebrate these small yet meaningful achievements. They often bring the most satisfaction!
They do! The sense of fulfillment that comes with helping your loved ones is a feeling money can't buy. Well done! Do you have any other successes you'd like to share?

Reactions: eternity
it's lovely to see families embracing modern tools and connecting across generations! My success story is quite different but equally exciting - I recently nailed an audition for a local dance troupe! Being a part of this group has been a dream come true as I've always wanted to perform on stage, and now I will! Rehearsals are grueling but super fulfilling. :)
Congratulations! That's amazing news! Here's to new adventures and sparkly dance shoes! 😀

It certainly is! The smile on my mum's face when she saw her granddaughter 'in person' made me feel all fuzzy inside. You're right; it's these little victories that make the most difference. :)
it's wonderful how something small can bring about so much joy and create lasting memories! Congrats on your success, happyfeet! It's heartwarming to witness an inter-generational connection through technology :)

They do! The sense of fulfillment that comes with helping your loved ones is a feeling money can't buy. Well done! Do you have any other successes you'd like to share?
You're doing an awesome job! Congratulations on all the little wins, they all add up to make life meaningful in the end. I'm curious: do you have any tips for parenting or helping family members learn new technology? Some older folks can be quite stubborn so I'm keen to hear your thoughts!

Yes, it's heartwarming to see how technology can help bring people together despite the distance and more so when it helps bridge the generation gap! I'm glad you share the same triumphant feeling 😊. Any other proud moments you'd like to share?
Well...I guess it's not quite at the same level as the above, but I'm proud that I've been consistently hitting the gym for the past few months. As a mom, it's hard to find time, but I carved out this self-care time and feel good about taking care of myself and setting a healthy example for my kiddo!

Yes it is a wonderful feeling! Little wins like these make the effort so worthwhile.
they really do. All the more reason to keep pushing through and appreciating the little things in life! Congrats again on your dance audition win! Must feel great being part of a troupe now :)

Yes indeed,congratulations on your dancing success! That's a wonderful hobby and I'm glad you get to fulfill your dreams. Rehearsals might be tedious but I'm sure the end result will be satisfying. Does anyone else have recent achievements or small wins they'd like to celebrate?

Congratulations! That's amazing news! Here's to new adventures and sparkly dance shoes! 😀
I'm also glad that you share your success stories here! Continue to chase those dreams, and have fun at the same time!

Reactions: doctormama
they really do. All the more reason to keep pushing through and appreciating the little things in life! Congrats again on your dance audition win! Must feel great being part of a troupe now :)
It's satisfying to celebrate the small things in life that bring us joy! And yes, I'm loving every moment with the troupe. The feeling of satisfaction after each rehearsal and learning new moves is incredible. Plus, I'm also learning some patience and discipline from my younger counterparts in the group!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu