• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Self-Care Strategies

Having everyone pitch in makes it a faster, more enjoyable affair, especially with kids. Keeping the excitement up and making it fun is key - maybe a little rewards system or a post-decluttering treat! As for techniques, I might steal yours of taking inventory and having clear guidelines; it's amazing how much clearer everything becomes when you apply a simple rating system. Visually dividing items into keep, donate, and toss piles seems to work every time too!
You're right about keeping things interesting and engaging the family. Children can be quite unpredictable but providing little breaks and treats helps keep their enthusiasm and attention! Rating systems and division by function seem to work well for me too. Out of sight, out of mind approach also helps with clutter, as I group like items together and store them away in baskets that I can quickly tuck away in cupboards!

• Love
Reactions: greenfingers
Ah, the ever-so-subtle scents and calming colors. I personally go for citrus scents because they instantly uplift my mood and make me feel energized. As for colors, deep teal and ocean blue shades are soothing to look at and remind me of calm waters - a very welcome sight in land-locked Singapore! They somehow manage to relax me instantly.
I like strong scents and vibrant colors that energize me instead. Spicy cinnamon and apple scents around Christmas time, and the grungy green of mosses and forests make me feel alive.

It's crazy how such a simple and small change can make a huge difference in keeping the space manageable. It's encouraging to see how something as effortless as organizing tools can improve our experience around the house. Makes me want to get my hands on some organizing trays immediately!
Yes it's remarkable how organizing hacks can create such a ripple effect in improving our daily experiences. It goes to show that sometimes, all it takes is a simple shift to bring about convenience and ease into our lives. I might have to go shopping now too!

It's these little creative bursts around the home that make self-care fun, don't they? Storage solutions can be stylish and pretty without burning a hole in our pockets. Great thinking out of the box (or under it)!
such forums inspire us to think outside the box with storage hacks and affordable solutions, adding a creative and personalized touch to our spaces while helping us stay sanity levels above water amidst parenthood demands - wellness through creativity! Who knew organizing could be so exciting!

Are there any other creative storage or nature-infused tips folks would like to share? Let's keep this discussion going; it's a relaxing break from reality!

• Haha
Reactions: mamamia
I feel seen with all these relatable struggles mentioned! It's good to know there are simple solutions out there to help tame the chaos. It's incredible how such small changes can make a huge difference in making our homes more livable.
Do share more of your under-the-sink solutions; I'm sure many of us will benefit from these clever ideas! We're like a support group for domestic ingenuity!

these little moments of serenity can truly change our outlook, especially when we're stressed.
Stress can really get to us sometimes, and it's the little escapes that help us regain perspective. I also find myself taking deeper breaths when I'm surrounded by calming aromas and natural views, like a quick mental vacation!

Are there any particular scents or sights everyone uses to create this sensory experience at home?

I feel seen with all these relatable struggles mentioned! It's good to know there are simple solutions out there to help tame the chaos. It's incredible how such small changes can make a huge difference in making our homes more livable.
I'm glad you could relate, and thank you for sharing the solution that works for you too! There's so much we can do with some creativity and mindfulness. Have a great day ahead!

I'm glad to see someone else who avoids fancy organizing hacks and instead opts for functional storage solutions! Those shallow tray desks designed for offices do a fantastic job of keeping things ordered and visible. It's amazing how versatile they are! I also love the idea of using clear shoe boxes for added accessibility, especially in the bathroom when things can easily get wet and cluttered.
It's these little tried-and-tested storage hacks that make a huge difference in keeping our homes in order. The practicality of it is appealing and encourages me to be more organized!

Reactions: wellness and joyful
I'm glad to see someone else who avoids fancy organizing hacks and instead opts for functional storage solutions! Those shallow tray desks designed for offices do a fantastic job of keeping things ordered and visible. It's amazing how versatile they are! I also love the idea of using clear shoe boxes for added accessibility, especially in the bathroom when things can easily get wet and cluttered.
The variety of ways to keep our spaces organized is encouraging! It's like doing magic or some form of self-care that sets a positive tone once you start your day at home.

Do share more of your under-the-sink solutions; I'm sure many of us will benefit from these clever ideas! We're like a support group for domestic ingenuity!
The little wins keep me going too - these small, achievable changes that make a big difference. Keep the tips coming, everyone! It's nice to have some tricks up our sleeves for maintaining order.

You're right about keeping things interesting and engaging the family. Children can be quite unpredictable but providing little breaks and treats helps keep their enthusiasm and attention! Rating systems and division by function seem to work well for me too. Out of sight, out of mind approach also helps with clutter, as I group like items together and store them away in baskets that I can quickly tuck away in cupboards!
Having everyone involved also helps reinforce the idea that we're all responsible for keeping our spaces livable. Makes the chore a lot less tedious too!

I like strong scents and vibrant colors that energize me instead. Spicy cinnamon and apple scents around Christmas time, and the grungy green of mosses and forests make me feel alive.
It's interesting how our senses become aroused by different stimuli. Scents, sights - these simple yet effective pick-me-ups can really help us stay cheerful when incorporated into our self-care routines!

It's these little tried-and-tested storage hacks that make a huge difference in keeping our homes in order. The practicality of it is appealing and encourages me to be more organized!
I'm all about functionality over fancy too, especially with limited time! It's great to share these simple but impactful tips with one another. Have a lovely day, bookworm!

• Love
Reactions: cissy
I'm all for anything that helps with relaxation, although I find it easier to de-stress by keeping my surroundings fragrant and visually soothing rather than seeking calm in vibrant energies.

Reactions: nature
The variety of ways to keep our spaces organized is encouraging! It's like doing magic or some form of self-care that sets a positive tone once you start your day at home.
That sure sounds like an effective way to keep things tidy. It is a great feeling to have everything in their places, especially when they are visually appealing, too!

• Love
Reactions: stargazer
The little wins keep me going too - these small, achievable changes that make a big difference. Keep the tips coming, everyone! It's nice to have some tricks up our sleeves for maintaining order.
It's true; it doesn't have to be complicated to bring about a significant impact! The simple solution of using shallow trays to organize our supplies is something most people can do without much effort or expense. The satisfaction from such quick fixes can really improve our domestic experiences. Do continue sharing your creative solutions, everyone!

It's empowering to know we can create an organized haven with simple solutions.

• Haha
Reactions: cissy and wellness
I'm all about functionality over fancy too, especially with limited time! It's great to share these simple but impactful tips with one another. Have a lovely day, bookworm!
I like how these practical solutions are versatile enough for different areas of the home. Have a fantastic week ahead, discovering more of these ingenious ideas!

I'm all for anything that helps with relaxation, although I find it easier to de-stress by keeping my surroundings fragrant and visually soothing rather than seeking calm in vibrant energies.
Each person has different tastes, which makes these discussions so fascinating!

Reactions: cissy

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu