• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Self-Care Strategies

Indeed, nothing beats being immersed in nature with some alone time to reflect. It helps that Singapore has several picturesque hiking trails to explore - an adventure awaits! ;D
Online resources are a great way to discover hiking trails suitable for all skill levels - a handy guide for planning purposes.

Online resources are a great way to discover hiking trails suitable for all skill levels - a handy guide for planning purposes.
I agree, lioness. Knowing which routes are beginner-friendly is helpful, especially for cautious souls like myself.

I agree, lioness. Knowing which routes are beginner-friendly is helpful, especially for cautious souls like myself.
Indeed, having an idea of the difficulty level of hikes beforehand gives a good indication of what to expect and whether it aligns with your fitness and comfort levels. No point getting stuck on a strenuous hike if you're a novice! Better to start easy and gradually explore more challenging trails as your confidence and stamina improve.

Indeed, having an idea of the difficulty level of hikes beforehand gives a good indication of what to expect and whether it aligns with your fitness and comfort levels. No point getting stuck on a strenuous hike if you're a novice! Better to start easy and gradually explore more challenging trails as your confidence and stamina improve.
Having manageable expectations is indeed crucial, especially when embarking on hikes solo. Starting off on the right foot (pun intended) can ensure a positive experience that leaves you keen for more!

Besides hiking, I also enjoy taking leisurely strolls around our lovely parks - the Gardens by the Bay, Singapore Botanic Gardens or the various themed gardens scattered islandwide offer ample opportunities to immerse in greenery without too much exertion. A nice walk in a beautiful setting can be restorative, especially when you add some personal touches like a favorite podcast or an engaging audiobook.

Having manageable expectations is indeed crucial, especially when embarking on hikes solo. Starting off on the right foot (pun intended) can ensure a positive experience that leaves you keen for more!

Besides hiking, I also enjoy taking leisurely strolls around our lovely parks - the Gardens by the Bay, Singapore Botanic Gardens or the various themed gardens scattered islandwide offer ample opportunities to immerse in greenery without too much exertion. A nice walk in a beautiful setting can be restorative, especially when you add some personal touches like a favorite podcast or an engaging audiobook.
Indeed, keeping expectations realistic ensures that hiking remains an enjoyable experience. As you said, strolls in Singapore's lovely gardens offer a great alternative for a peaceful nature fix without the challenge.

Indeed, keeping expectations realistic ensures that hiking remains an enjoyable experience. As you said, strolls in Singapore's lovely gardens offer a great alternative for a peaceful nature fix without the challenge.
There's always so much we can do amidst nature here! Besides hiking and strolling, I also love checking out the various nature reservoirs - it's calming to be around the waters and observe the abundant bird life.

There's always so much we can do amidst nature here! Besides hiking and strolling, I also love checking out the various nature reservoirs - it's calming to be around the waters and observe the abundant bird life.
I find that being near water indeed has a calming effect! I'm not much of a birder, but it's amazing how spotter guides online can help identify some of the more distinctive species. It adds a new dimension of excitement to nature walks.

Have you been to the newly opened Sunge Buloh Nature Park? It's a great hit with kids, and even us adults enjoy the boardwalk trails and observing all the wildlife! There's something intriguing about the mangrove ecosystems, almost mystical because of their unique atmosphere. I've also heard good things about Chek Jawa, though I haven't visited it yet. Seems like another great nature outing option with lots of biodiversity!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: cissy and eternity

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu