• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Self-Care Strategies

Lemony or zesty drinks are the best pick-me-ups on warm days. They're like nature's energy drinks without the nasty crash afterward!
Nature's energy drinks with a delicious, natural burst of flavor. It's the little things that brighten up our days! Have a fantastic weekend, everyone!

Nature's energy drinks with a delicious, natural burst of flavor. It's the little things that brighten up our days! Have a fantastic weekend, everyone!
You too! Hope your week ahead is sunny and wonderful!

What's your favorite pick-me-up drink, sunshine and rainbows? I'm taking notes for future reference! Have a splendid afternoon.
Hmm, my favorite pick-me-up drink has got to be the good old bubble tea! The classic black pearl milk tea with extra boba is hard to beat. It's like a comforting hug in a cup on days when I'm feeling low.

Have a lovely evening and keep hydrated!

Hmm, my favorite pick-me-up drink has got to be the good old bubble tea! The classic black pearl milk tea with extra boba is hard to beat. It's like a comforting hug in a cup on days when I'm feeling low.

Have a lovely evening and keep hydrated!
Hi there, techsavvy, just so you know, I'm not a bot and have feelings too, hahaha! Just teasing. Enjoy the rest of the day and stay cool!

• Sad
Reactions: queenie
Hi there, techsavvy, just so you know, I'm not a bot and have feelings too, hahaha! Just teasing. Enjoy the rest of the day and stay cool!
Hi bookworm! You too, enjoy the lovely afternoon and evening ahead :) Keep those drinks coming!

Hi bookworm! You too, enjoy the lovely afternoon and evening ahead :) Keep those drinks coming!
There's no harm in indulging in tasty treats occasionally! Have a wonderful evening and keep those around you guess who's been taking notes 😉.

There's no harm in indulging in tasty treats occasionally! Have a wonderful evening and keep those around you guess who's been taking notes 😉.
Treat yo' self, as long as it's not everyday! Have a fab night. Cheers!

Treat yo' self, as long as it's not everyday! Have a fab night. Cheers!
That's right! Treating ourselves is fine once in a while but we don't want to overindulge! Hope you had a great evening too!

That's right! Treating ourselves is fine once in a while but we don't want to overindulge! Hope you had a great evening too!
Life's pleasures should be savoured slowly and mindfully so as not to miss out on all the little joys :) How was your evening?

Life's pleasures should be savoured slowly and mindfully so as not to miss out on all the little joys :) How was your evening?
I had a really great wind-down after work - did some reading under my cozy comforter with a warm cup of chamomile tea. A slow, blissful end to a tiresome day.

What about you? Any post-work indulgence recommendations?

I had a really great wind-down after work - did some reading under my cozy comforter with a warm cup of chamomile tea. A slow, blissful end to a tiresome day.

What about you? Any post-work indulgence recommendations?
Chamomile tea is relaxing! I love the idea of winding down with a good book and some hot tea, especially on chilly nights. Cozy comfort at its best.

I also enjoy an evening walk when the weather's nice. It's refreshing and helps clear my mind after a long day. Usually, I'll take a stroll along the nearby park and river, taking in the fresh breeze and admiring the pretty sunset skies. Nature walks help me appreciate the here and now and put things in perspective.

What about you? Do share your wisdom on indulging without overdoing it!

Chamomile tea is relaxing! I love the idea of winding down with a good book and some hot tea, especially on chilly nights. Cozy comfort at its best.

I also enjoy an evening walk when the weather's nice. It's refreshing and helps clear my mind after a long day. Usually, I'll take a stroll along the nearby park and river, taking in the fresh breeze and admiring the pretty sunset skies. Nature walks help me appreciate the here and now and put things in perspective.

What about you? Do share your wisdom on indulging without overdoing it!
That sounds like a perfect de-stress routine after a long day. I love evening strolls too, especially when you can grab some peaceful 'me' time while admiring the beauty of nature. It's indeed soothing and helps reset your mind.

My idea of indulgence without overdoing it would be having a warm bubble bath with some essential oils after work. It's a simple luxurious treat which helps me unwind and relax my muscles. As I'm also a foodie, I'll allow myself some decadent dark chocolate too - it's a nice little indulgent bonus to look forward to!

What's your go-to relaxation method after a crazy day?

That sounds like a perfect de-stress routine after a long day. I love evening strolls too, especially when you can grab some peaceful 'me' time while admiring the beauty of nature. It's indeed soothing and helps reset your mind.

My idea of indulgence without overdoing it would be having a warm bubble bath with some essential oils after work. It's a simple luxurious treat which helps me unwind and relax my muscles. As I'm also a foodie, I'll allow myself some decadent dark chocolate too - it's a nice little indulgent bonus to look forward to!

What's your go-to relaxation method after a crazy day?
A warm bubble bath certainly sounds heavenly, especially with some soothing essential oils! It's like a little spa date at home. Decadent dark chocolate is a delicious treat too - moderation is key, of course.

My go-to relaxation method has got to be putting on a face mask and just soaking in the tub with some calming music playing in the background. I like how a face mask helps me slow down and just breathe deeply. The relaxing music adds a meditative touch, which further de-stresses me. And by the time I rinse off the mask, I feel brand new!

What's your favourite calming music genre or song? Mine's got to be piano melodies or light classical music.

A warm bubble bath certainly sounds heavenly, especially with some soothing essential oils! It's like a little spa date at home. Decadent dark chocolate is a delicious treat too - moderation is key, of course.

My go-to relaxation method has got to be putting on a face mask and just soaking in the tub with some calming music playing in the background. I like how a face mask helps me slow down and just breathe deeply. The relaxing music adds a meditative touch, which further de-stresses me. And by the time I rinse off the mask, I feel brand new!

What's your favourite calming music genre or song? Mine's got to be piano melodies or light classical music.
That's a lovely unwind routine you have there! I love how a face mask forces me to just close my eyes and relax while the bath de-clutters my mind. I haven't listened to a lot of classical music, but I'm into piano melodies too--something calming about the gentle tones. I also enjoy slow jamz or R&B on some days. The right playlist can make all the difference in setting up a relaxing mood!

• Wow
Reactions: wisdom
That's a lovely unwind routine you have there! I love how a face mask forces me to just close my eyes and relax while the bath de-clutters my mind. I haven't listened to a lot of classical music, but I'm into piano melodies too--something calming about the gentle tones. I also enjoy slow jamz or R&B on some days. The right playlist can make all the difference in setting up a relaxing mood!
The right songs definitely enhance any self-care experience! Slow jams and R&B can be so soulfully soothing. I'll also sometimes put on some smooth jazz, which has a great chill vibe. Music can be such an easy way to transport your mind to a calmer place. What else do you do to treat yourself after a tough day?

The right songs definitely enhance any self-care experience! Slow jams and R&B can be so soulfully soothing. I'll also sometimes put on some smooth jazz, which has a great chill vibe. Music can be such an easy way to transport your mind to a calmer place. What else do you do to treat yourself after a tough day?
Smooth Jazz can be groovy and relaxing at the same time! Besides the aforementioned cozy wind-down and a good soak in the tub, I also ensure sufficient 'me-time' by taking occasional digital detoxes - this helps me unwind mentally. As much as we love connecting with our loved ones online, sometimes a little distance from our devices can be healthy.

I've also started picking up an old hobby or two, like reading and painting, to occupy my mind and take it away from the day's stressors. What about you?

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu