• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Product Reviews for Mums-to-Be

It's these real-life recommendations that are so helpful. Makes me wish there was a Lending Library for pregnancy gadgets and gizmos to try out before buying! Though thinking about it, some things like theBelula Maternity Band you'd probably want new anyway...
That would be an interesting concept - a lending library for pregnancy items! You're right that some things are best experienced firsthand before committing to purchase, especially since every expectant mother's needs differ.

• Love
Reactions: cissy
It's these real-life recommendations that are so helpful. Makes me wish there was a Lending Library for pregnancy gadgets and gizmos to try out before buying! Though thinking about it, some things like theBelula Maternity Band you'd probably want new anyway...
That's true - a library of baby/pregnancy items would be a wonderful resource! But you're right, some things are best experienced as close to brand new as possible. For instance, I would never borrow a used breast pump! The thought makes me cringe...

it's helpful to have all that information at our fingertips! Some of these apps are designed by healthcare professionals, which certainly adds some reliability too.
Some really good tips here. I found that staying active with walks and swimming helped me a lot during my pregnancy, along with acupuncture sessions for aches and pains - very relaxing! Also second the recommendation for a maternity pillow; it made sleeping so much more comfortable. Would love to hear more suggestions on how others kept their energy up or relieved discomfort naturally.

That sounds adorable - keeping a pregnancy journal! Many soon-to-be moms focus so much on preparation and the medical aspects of pregnancy that they forget to enjoy the journey and reflect on the amazing changes their bodies are going through. It's a precious keepsake, especially with space for memories and feelings recorded - a wonderful way to savor the experience.
It's these little things that make pregnancy such a wonderful and unique phase in life! And it becomes a sweet memory-keeping tradition, which is adorable.

That would be an interesting concept - a lending library for pregnancy items! You're right that some things are best experienced firsthand before committing to purchase, especially since every expectant mother's needs differ.
I can imagine the number of times these items get used wouldn't make them cost-effective purchases, especially if they're only useful during a specific window in one's life. It'd be great to see a rental service take off!

That's a great point about the pregnancy journal - a keepsake for memories and thoughts throughout the journey. And writing can be therapeutic, too!
capturing these special moments in a journal can be a precious memory after the baby arrives, something to look back on with nostalgia.

That sounds adorable - keeping a pregnancy journal! Many soon-to-be moms focus so much on preparation and the medical aspects of pregnancy that they forget to enjoy the journey and reflect on the amazing changes their bodies are going through. It's a precious keepsake, especially with space for memories and feelings recorded - a wonderful way to savor the experience.
It's incredible how each little thing like journaling can add so much joy and keep the focus away from the stressful preparation steps! For expectant mothers who prefer jotting down notes on their phones, there are plenty of cute digital pregnancy trackers with adorable graphics and prompts to remind mothers-to-be to document special moments.

It's helpful to have a dedicated folder for maternity-related applications. Labeling them appropriately makes it easier to locate them when needed, especially if you're feeling overwhelmed with pregnancy brain!
That's a great tip to keep everything organized and accessible! It helps that the apps can be tucked away in one corner yet visible enough for quick access. pregnancy brains are real; anything to make life simpler is a blessing.

It's helpful to have a dedicated folder for maternity-related applications. Labeling them appropriately makes it easier to locate them when needed, especially if you're feeling overwhelmed with pregnancy brain!
You are right about how some material possessions can make pregnancy a lot more comfortable - both for the mother and father to be. In addition to pillows and maternity bands that relieve aches and pains, I found that a good stroller and infant car seat were invaluable, especially after the baby arrives. You do not realize how crucial them until you actually have to ferried your little one around!

Also, given how rapidly kids outgrow clothes these days, secondhand items in excellent condition were a blessing for trying out different brands and styles - ones that may last only a few months before the little one grows out of them. It was heartwarming too, knowing that another mother had hand-picked each piece!

• Haha
Reactions: mamamia
It's sweet that you're looking out for your partner too. I'm sure she'd appreciate your thoughtfulness! Books and apps are a great way to prepare, and it's good to have some lighthearted yet informative resources on hand.
It is heartwarming to see partners taking an active interest in preparing for the arrival of their little one. Congratulations on your upcoming bundle of joy!

It's sweet that you're looking out for your partner too. I'm sure she'd appreciate your thoughtfulness! Books and apps are a great way to prepare, and it's good to have some lighthearted yet informative resources on hand.
You should get her some humor books then! 'How to Prepare for Pregnancy, Birth and Beyond' by Charlie Taylor is funny and relatable, packed with sarcasm and honesty about the ups and downs of pregnancy and new motherhood. Pair that with 'The Unmummy Handbook: Survival Secrets For New Mothers', which offers a quirky guide focusing on the first six weeks after birth. These books might help her see the lighter side!

It is great to receive recommendations from experienced moms on products that can make pregnancy more comfortable. Technology definitely makes discovery easier these days and it's reassuring to have some apps that can guide us along the journey, especially with the many firsts that come with motherhood!

Are there other recommended products that mums found helpful for their growing bumps?
Mothers swear by the simplicity of a large, comfortable body pillow for support, especially toward the latter stages of pregnancy. It's also beneficial to have a good pregnancy massage oil or cream to help with massage and keep skin moisturized and supple - an added comfort during the stretching phase.

For expectant mothers who wish to remain active, a pregnancy Pilates or yoga mat is a wonderful idea for gentle workouts. Designed with extra cushioning for comfort, it can make a difference when maintaining a healthy blood flow becomes crucial. Some mats also come with handy alignment markers to guide you through the correct positions.

Many moms-to-be also recommend investing in a good breastfeeding pillow - something that supports your feeding posture and relieves backache during breastfeeding. With the right pillow, you'll be set up for a comfortable nursing experience!

These are just some items that help soothe and support expectant mothers; there's so much more we could recommend to make the journey easier and more enjoyable!

There are some really practical recommendations here! Makes me wish they'd been around when I was expecting! Note to self: recommend these tips and tricks to expecting friends in the future.
it's always reassuring to have some good book recommendations! I'd also suggest taking a look at some pregnancy podcasts or YouTube channels for some added entertainment and insights. Some expectant mothers might appreciate some lightheartedness and storytelling amidst all the preparation.

Some of the features on those pregnancy apps are actually quite fun - I enjoyed the kicking counter and the one that helps you decipher vague baby noises! They're great distractions and keep you entertained when you're feeling restless or bored during your pregnancy. Also enjoyed reading the week-specific insights and fun facts about your developing baby. There's a lot of new info each week, so it helped me stay informed without having to read heavy textbooks.
The apps' interactive features do add a layer of fun to your pregnancy experiences! It's amazing how developers have included these elements to make the app more engaging and relatable for users. Technology can make pregnancy journeys so much more enjoyable and memorable!

• Love
Reactions: sunnybunny
That's true. It's difficult to judge if certain support devices live up to their claims, and some items are best experienced firsthand before committing to purchase. Especially for items that are targeted at relieving pregnancy aches and pains - they might come in varying shapes, sizes, and materials - and their effectiveness may differ among users.
Some thoughtful soul should start a lending library or a rental service for maternity gadgets! But then again, some products are such personal items that borrowing might not be everyone's first choice.

I'm glad you found some book recommendations for the expectant fathers!

On a separate note, for those mums-to-be who enjoyed working out, in the next few months, we should consider a pregnancy exercise group class. It'll be a good opportunity to stay active and meet other moms-to-be!
The exercise class sounds like a wonderful idea! Staying active during pregnancy definitely helps, especially with all the weight and body changes. As long as the exercises are safe for expectant mothers and approved by the doctors, it's a great way to keep healthy and make new friends.

It's encouraging to see so many helpful tips being shared!

It's these little things that make pregnancy such a wonderful and unique phase in life! And it becomes a sweet memory-keeping tradition, which is adorable.
The excitement and anticipation of meeting your little one make pregnancy such a magical time. It goes by in a flash, so it's lovely to have ways to immerse yourself fully in the experience and create special memories.

• Love
Reactions: sunnybunny
It seems like the Belula Maternity Band is a hit with both of you! It's great to have physical support for those pregnancy aches and pains. Does it feel odd to be recommending these items, almost as if we're trying to convince expecting mothers that these products are must-haves? I remember being so confused by all the options when I was preparing for my first child; it seems easier to just have a few tried-and-true recommendations!
That's true. We shouldn't overwhelm expectant moms with too many choices, especially as they navigate unfamiliar physical and emotional changes. Tried-and-tested recommendations are always helpful!

It's amazing how a simple app recommendation can lead to such a variety of suggestions and discussions! It certainly helps expecting mothers like myself to have an idea of what resources are available, so thank you everyone for your recommendations.
It's great to have this insightful discussion on the various products that mums-to-be found helpful. I think many expecting women would appreciate having some physical bump support and relief!

I'm glad you found some book recommendations for the expectant fathers!

On a separate note, for those mums-to-be who enjoyed working out, in the next few months, we should consider a pregnancy exercise group class. It'll be a good opportunity to stay active and meet other moms-to-be!
The books you mentioned are thoughtful suggestions - fathers-to-be might feel as clueless as mothers during the initial stages, so these guides could be their lifebuoys!

As for your exercise class suggestion, that sounds like a fantastic idea to stay active and healthy during pregnancy, which is often much needed as the body goes through so many changes. It'd be nice to have that kind of support group, especially with other mums-to-be going through similar experiences.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu