• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Product Reviews for Mums-to-Be

There's no harm in trying out different apps and seeing what works best for you. I found that some were overly complex with unnecessary features, but those straightforward, user-friendly ones like PregO2 really did make a difference in understanding what my body was going through. It's great how technology can help us these days!
There are many pregnancy apps out there; some mums-to-be may appreciate the added technological support.

Reactions: eternity
The Belula Maternity Band was another pregnancy saver for me. It provided great support for my bump and back, especially when my tummy was really heavy towards the end. Wore it throughout my third trimester and it truly helped with posture and discomfort. Wish I'd found it sooner! Also a lifesaver for after birth too - it's really helped with my core strength as I worked on pulling my belly back in! Can't recommend it enough.
I also had a BELULA band; it was a savior for my pregnant Aching back!

There's no harm in trying out different apps and seeing what works best for you. I found that some were overly complex with unnecessary features, but those straightforward, user-friendly ones like PregO2 really did make a difference in understanding what my body was going through. It's great how technology can help us these days!
it's helpful to have all that information at our fingertips! Some of these apps are designed by healthcare professionals, which certainly adds some reliability too.

The Belula Maternity Band was another pregnancy saver for me. It provided great support for my bump and back, especially when my tummy was really heavy towards the end. Wore it throughout my third trimester and it truly helped with posture and discomfort. Wish I'd found it sooner! Also a lifesaver for after birth too - it's really helped with my core strength as I worked on pulling my belly back in! Can't recommend it enough.
It's these real-life recommendations that are so helpful. Makes me wish there was a Lending Library for pregnancy gadgets and gizmos to try out before buying! Though thinking about it, some things like theBelula Maternity Band you'd probably want new anyway...

• Love
Reactions: cissy
There's much to consider! It's great to stock up on essentials and figure out what could help make the journey more comfortable. Some swear by maternity pillows, while others find that a simple body pillow does the job too. And yes, apps of all kinds can be quite helpful, from tracking contractions to preparing baby must-haves.

I found that staying active with moderate exercises helped ease some pregnancy aches and kept me sane during those nine months. Simple at-home workouts or yoga stretches were accessible and left me feeling accomplished on days when I couldn't leave the house.

On the topic of books, any recommendations for expecting fathers? My other half could use some guidance too!
With father's day just around the corner, it gives me the perfect idea for a gift! Expectant fathers can be clueless at times, so a helpful book could be a good start to prepare them for their new role.

I remember picking up 'The New Father: A Dad's Guide to Pregnancy' which was a great, funny and informative read. It covers all the bases, from preparing for the birth to postnatal advice. It's written by an actual father and is filled with real-life stories and good humor, which made it accessible and fun!

The expecting fathers I know have also raved about 'Daddy Domestics: Everything New Dads Need To Know', which is packed with practical advice on everything from changing diapers to mastering the art of soothing a crying baby. This book has a lot of helpful tips for fathers in managing their new responsibilities, and also includes some adorable illustrations.

For a fun and quirky take, 'Don't Put Your Toddler On The Toilet Seat Or Other Tips For Future Dad' was a humorous yet useful read. It's full of funny observations and honest accounts of fatherhood, which makes it an entertaining and light-hearted gift.

If your other half is the practical type, he might appreciate a troubleshooting guide like 'The Expectant Father's Troubleshooting Guide', which offers simple and straightforward advice on common problems and situations that fathers face in those early days.

And of course, you can never go wrong with the classic 'What To Expect Guide for First-Time Fathers', an all-in-one comprehensive manual that answers every possible question under the sun, with useful week-by-week guides too.

There are so many great resources out there! I'm sure any of these would be a wonderful and thoughtful gift for the expecting dad in your life.

Reactions: chickadee
there's a lot of helpful tech tools expecting mothers should take advantage of. With so many apps out there, it's good to hear recommendations on the useful ones. I wonder if any mums-to-be will find them as helpful as we did!
That's a great point about the pregnancy journal - a keepsake for memories and thoughts throughout the journey. And writing can be therapeutic, too!

• Love
Reactions: bananarama
There's much to consider! It's great to stock up on essentials and figure out what could help make the journey more comfortable. Some swear by maternity pillows, while others find that a simple body pillow does the job too. And yes, apps of all kinds can be quite helpful, from tracking contractions to preparing baby must-haves.

I found that staying active with moderate exercises helped ease some pregnancy aches and kept me sane during those nine months. Simple at-home workouts or yoga stretches were accessible and left me feeling accomplished on days when I couldn't leave the house.

On the topic of books, any recommendations for expecting fathers? My other half could use some guidance too!
My hubby found 'The Expectant Father' by RobKarlin really useful - it's written by a doctor and covers a lot of helpful topics in an easy-to-understand manner. Has lots of great reviews, so could be worth a shot! Also, some pregnancy books have chapters or sections dedicated to partners - might be good for him to read up on what you're going through physically and emotionally. Helped my husband understand my hormonal moments!

I found a pregnancy journal really helpful - not an app but the old school kind, with spaces to write notes and record feelings and experiences. I enjoyed reflecting on the changes week by week and documenting the whole journey. It's fun to look back on now too! Also, a comfortable pregnancy belt supported my bump towards the end and allowed me to stay mobile and relatively pain-free.
That sounds adorable - keeping a pregnancy journal! Many soon-to-be moms focus so much on preparation and the medical aspects of pregnancy that they forget to enjoy the journey and reflect on the amazing changes their bodies are going through. It's a precious keepsake, especially with space for memories and feelings recorded - a wonderful way to savor the experience.

• Haha
Reactions: travelmum
It's these real-life recommendations that are so helpful. Makes me wish there was a Lending Library for pregnancy gadgets and gizmos to try out before buying! Though thinking about it, some things like theBelula Maternity Band you'd probably want new anyway...
That's true. It's difficult to judge if certain support devices live up to their claims, and some items are best experienced firsthand before committing to purchase. Especially for items that are targeted at relieving pregnancy aches and pains - they might come in varying shapes, sizes, and materials - and their effectiveness may differ among users.

• Love
Reactions: doctormama
there's a lot of helpful tech tools expecting mothers should take advantage of. With so many apps out there, it's good to hear recommendations on the useful ones. I wonder if any mums-to-be will find them as helpful as we did!
It is great to receive recommendations from experienced moms on products that can make pregnancy more comfortable. Technology definitely makes discovery easier these days and it's reassuring to have some apps that can guide us along the journey, especially with the many firsts that come with motherhood!

Are there other recommended products that mums found helpful for their growing bumps?

• Haha
Reactions: cissy
As for apps, some of them are quite helpful and can really make a difference in managing the overwhelming aspects of pregnancy. The one thing that helped me keep all my pregnancy-related apps organized was by creating a folder on my phone home screen, so they were easy to access but also not cluttering up my screen.
It's helpful to have a dedicated folder for maternity-related applications. Labeling them appropriately makes it easier to locate them when needed, especially if you're feeling overwhelmed with pregnancy brain!

There are some great recommendations here already! In terms of apps, I also found an e-book called "Pregnancy Week by Week" which was informative without being scary or too overwhelming. It had cute illustrations and was written in a friendly tone, which was nice since it didn't make me feel like I was reading a medical textbook. The author also has a whole series on baby care which is helpful for beginner moms-to-be like me!
It's sweet that you're looking out for your partner too. I'm sure she'd appreciate your thoughtfulness! Books and apps are a great way to prepare, and it's good to have some lighthearted yet informative resources on hand.

That's great to know! I enjoy reading books that empower us to make informed decisions, especially on such an important life-changing event. Expecting Better sounds like an insightful read, and I like the idea of evidence-based approach it offers.

It's also good to have a go-to guide for natural remedies during pregnancy - our options are often limited, so it's great to have tried-and-true solutions!
There are some really practical recommendations here! Makes me wish they'd been around when I was expecting! Note to self: recommend these tips and tricks to expecting friends in the future.

Reactions: joyful
With father's day just around the corner, it gives me the perfect idea for a gift! Expectant fathers can be clueless at times, so a helpful book could be a good start to prepare them for their new role.

I remember picking up 'The New Father: A Dad's Guide to Pregnancy' which was a great, funny and informative read. It covers all the bases, from preparing for the birth to postnatal advice. It's written by an actual father and is filled with real-life stories and good humor, which made it accessible and fun!

The expecting fathers I know have also raved about 'Daddy Domestics: Everything New Dads Need To Know', which is packed with practical advice on everything from changing diapers to mastering the art of soothing a crying baby. This book has a lot of helpful tips for fathers in managing their new responsibilities, and also includes some adorable illustrations.

For a fun and quirky take, 'Don't Put Your Toddler On The Toilet Seat Or Other Tips For Future Dad' was a humorous yet useful read. It's full of funny observations and honest accounts of fatherhood, which makes it an entertaining and light-hearted gift.

If your other half is the practical type, he might appreciate a troubleshooting guide like 'The Expectant Father's Troubleshooting Guide', which offers simple and straightforward advice on common problems and situations that fathers face in those early days.

And of course, you can never go wrong with the classic 'What To Expect Guide for First-Time Fathers', an all-in-one comprehensive manual that answers every possible question under the sun, with useful week-by-week guides too.

There are so many great resources out there! I'm sure any of these would be a wonderful and thoughtful gift for the expecting dad in your life.
I'm glad you found some book recommendations for the expectant fathers!

On a separate note, for those mums-to-be who enjoyed working out, in the next few months, we should consider a pregnancy exercise group class. It'll be a good opportunity to stay active and meet other moms-to-be!

Reactions: joyful
As for apps, some of them are quite helpful and can really make a difference in managing the overwhelming aspects of pregnancy. The one thing that helped me keep all my pregnancy-related apps organized was by creating a folder on my phone home screen, so they were easy to access but also not cluttering up my screen.
That's a good idea to organize apps in a dedicated folder! Some expectant moms may also appreciate a simple pregnancy countdown timer app, to mark the days til the arrival. Something to ask the expecting mothers, whether they prefer cute and fun apps or the practical and informative ones. Both have their place!

it's helpful to have all that information at our fingertips! Some of these apps are designed by healthcare professionals, which certainly adds some reliability too.
There's a lot of useful apps out there expecting mothers should know about. It's good to share these tips!

Reactions: lioness
There are many pregnancy apps out there; some mums-to-be may appreciate the added technological support.
It's amazing how a simple app recommendation can lead to such a variety of suggestions and discussions! It certainly helps expecting mothers like myself to have an idea of what resources are available, so thank you everyone for your recommendations.

Some of the features on those pregnancy apps are actually quite fun - I enjoyed the kicking counter and the one that helps you decipher vague baby noises! They're great distractions and keep you entertained when you're feeling restless or bored during your pregnancy. Also enjoyed reading the week-specific insights and fun facts about your developing baby. There's a lot of new info each week, so it helped me stay informed without having to read heavy textbooks.

I also had a BELULA band; it was a savior for my pregnant Aching back!
It seems like the Belula Maternity Band is a hit with both of you! It's great to have physical support for those pregnancy aches and pains. Does it feel odd to be recommending these items, almost as if we're trying to convince expecting mothers that these products are must-haves? I remember being so confused by all the options when I was preparing for my first child; it seems easier to just have a few tried-and-true recommendations!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu