• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Product Reviews for Mums-to-Be

koala

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This thread is for sharing your thoughts and experiences with various products aimed at pregnant mothers - the good, the bad and the ugly!

What have you used that's helped you during pregnancy or made your life easier? What wouldn't you bother with if you had your time again? All products welcome - from bump creams to maternity pillows, clothing, books, apps - anything and everything pregnancy related. Share your recommendations and your reviews to help fellow mums-to-be!

This thread is for sharing your thoughts and experiences with various products aimed at pregnant mothers - the good, the bad and the ugly!

What have you used that's helped you during pregnancy or made your life easier? What wouldn't you bother with if you had your time again? All products welcome - from bump creams to maternity pillows, clothing, books, apps - anything and everything pregnancy related. Share your recommendations and your reviews to help fellow mums-to-be!
I found that the maternity pillow was a godsend during my third trimester. It made sleepless nights a whole lot more comfortable. I also swearing by this natural bump butter from a local boutique, which kept my growing belly nice and hydrated without that icky sticky feeling. Would definitely recommend!

There's also an excellent birthing app called "Contraction Timer & Tracker" that I used. It helped me timed contractions and it has helpful tips and information on what to expect leading up to labor. I loved having all that info in one place.

Besides that, I found that a simple maternity dress style worked best for most of my pregnancy. You know, the kind that empire waists with a stretch band? Comfortable, easy to wear, and you don't need to fiddle around with sizing too much.

Some of these prenatal vitamins tasted absolutely gross, so do be warned! Find flavors that work best for you because morning sickness can hit you anytime, day or night. I tried various brands but ended up sticking with Blackmores Pregnancy Calcium+ Vitamin C Chews. They have a nice orange flavor and are easy to eat and digest.

Anyway, hope this helps!

I found the PregO2 Pregnancy Wellness App really useful; it has so much information on what's happening with your body each week and lots of tips on how to stay comfortable. The contraction timer was also invaluable in preparing for labour. I'd definitely recommend it to any expectant mothers! It has a whole section on birth plans too, which was super helpful in preparing for the big day.

Reactions: cissy

I found that maternity pillows were a godsend during my pregnancies. They helped me sleep better and were versatile for feeding positions too. I'd recommend going for the U-shaped ones; they're more bulky but offer much more support than the regular C-shaped ones.

Also, contrary to some expectations, investing in good maternity underwear was a worthwhile comfy addition. Those with soft, stretchy fabrics and that extra belly coverage were so comfortable, especially towards the end of my pregnancies.

On the other hand, I found pregnancy apps to be overly alarmist, with plenty of unnecessary warnings and anecdotes that stressed me out more than helped. Some of the medical information was outdated, so I'd suggest being cautious and cross-referencing with other reliable sources. Many of these apps are great for baby growth fun facts but take their medical advice with a pinch of salt.

I'll leave it at that - don't want to hijack the thread with too many personal experiences! But would love to hear others' recommendations, especially on books and useful gear!

I found the PregO2 Pregnancy Wellness App really useful; it has so much information on what's happening with your body each week and lots of tips on how to stay comfortable. The contraction timer was also invaluable in preparing for labour. I'd definitely recommend it to any expectant mothers! It has a whole section on birth plans too, which was super helpful in preparing for the big day.
The app sounds like a useful tool with helpful features for expecting mothers! I'm glad it helped make your journey more manageable.

I found that the maternity pillow was a godsend during my third trimester. It made sleepless nights a whole lot more comfortable. I also swearing by this natural bump butter from a local boutique, which kept my growing belly nice and hydrated without that icky sticky feeling. Would definitely recommend!

There's also an excellent birthing app called "Contraction Timer & Tracker" that I used. It helped me timed contractions and it has helpful tips and information on what to expect leading up to labor. I loved having all that info in one place.

Besides that, I found that a simple maternity dress style worked best for most of my pregnancy. You know, the kind that empire waists with a stretch band? Comfortable, easy to wear, and you don't need to fiddle around with sizing too much.

Some of these prenatal vitamins tasted absolutely gross, so do be warned! Find flavors that work best for you because morning sickness can hit you anytime, day or night. I tried various brands but ended up sticking with Blackmores Pregnancy Calcium+ Vitamin C Chews. They have a nice orange flavor and are easy to eat and digest.

Anyway, hope this helps!
The pregnancy pillow was a necessity for my uncomfortable pregnant nights too - couldn't have survived without it! I also found that a foot and calf massager was helpful, especially during the third trimester when my legs were so heavy and tired. My physiotherapist recommended it and it was a real lifesaver, definitely worth the investment.

The app sounds useful I'll jot it down.

• Love
Reactions: nature and mamamia
The app sounds like a useful tool with helpful features for expecting mothers! I'm glad it helped make your journey more manageable.
I found that reading up on hypnobirthing techniques was a great help. Books like "HypnoBirthing: A Celebration of Life" empowered me with useful mental imagery and breathing techniques to remain calm during contractions. Also, having a birth plan was helpful, and some hospitals have forms that guide you through creating one. They ask about your pain management preferences, newborn care, visitors, and more. Having this physical plan gave me a sense of control and ensured I didn't miss any crucial decisions to prepare for.

There's no harm in trying out different apps and seeing what works best for you. I found that some were overly complex with unnecessary features, but those straightforward, user-friendly ones like PregO2 really did make a difference in understanding what my body was going through. It's great how technology can help us these days!

I found some great books much more comforting than apps, which could be a little overwhelming at times. Expecting Better by Emily Oster is a fantastic and insightful read that takes you through the whole process with an evidence-based approach. It really helped me separate fact from fiction, and I liked that it encouraged you to make your own informed decisions.

For natural ways to soothe common ailments, I loved my copy of 'Natural Pregnancy Handbook: A Holistic Guide for a Healthy and Happy Nine Months'. It has plenty of tried-and-true remedies and also touches on the emotional aspects of pregnancy, which I found comforting.

Another favorite was 'The Happiest Baby Guide to Sleep: An Easy-to-Follow Plan for a Peaceful Night for Both You and Your Newborn'. It really helped me prepare for those first few exhausting weeks with a new baby, and I loved that it had plenty of real-life tips from parents.

These books were my go-tos; I referred to them often throughout my pregnancies and afterward!

Anyway, hope this helps!
The contracting timer app sounds helpful! Will check that out. Thanks for the recommendation.

There's also some good old tricks to relieve the aches and pains of pregnancy that midwives swear by. Using a warm heat pack can help with backaches and hip pain. Also, those maternity support belts can be a lifesaver when your bump gets bigger; they take some getting used to but provide much-needed lower back support.

Some expectant moms may benefit from an upright vacuum cleaner with a good HEPA filter. It helps with allergies and is easier on the back - no bending over! I found myself vacuuming more often while pregnant due to strange pregnancy-related nose twitches, ha.

For those who are super clueless about baby prep, there's this awesome app called " Baby Prep 101". It has a long list of to-dos that you can work through in the final trimester, with helpful reminders and tips for the forgetful mind of a pregnant brain. I liked how it had customizable categories too, so you could add other random things to remember, like buying maternity underwear or booking a prenatal massage.

Anyway, these are just some random items that made my pregnancy a little easier. Would love to hear others' experiences with these products or any new ones!

• Love
Reactions: mamamia
There's no harm in trying out different apps and seeing what works best for you. I found that some were overly complex with unnecessary features, but those straightforward, user-friendly ones like PregO2 really did make a difference in understanding what my body was going through. It's great how technology can help us these days!
It's true; the simplicity of well-designed apps can make all the difference in making them accessible and useful. Note noted on PregO2 - seems like a helpful resource with good reviews from you ladies!

The Belula Maternity Band was another pregnancy saver for me. It provided great support for my bump and back, especially when my tummy was really heavy towards the end. Wore it throughout my third trimester and it truly helped with posture and discomfort. Wish I'd found it sooner! Also a lifesaver for after birth too - it's really helped with my core strength as I worked on pulling my belly back in! Can't recommend it enough.

• Love
Reactions: doctormama
The contracting timer app sounds helpful! Will check that out. Thanks for the recommendation.

There's also some good old tricks to relieve the aches and pains of pregnancy that midwives swear by. Using a warm heat pack can help with backaches and hip pain. Also, those maternity support belts can be a lifesaver when your bump gets bigger; they take some getting used to but provide much-needed lower back support.

Some expectant moms may benefit from an upright vacuum cleaner with a good HEPA filter. It helps with allergies and is easier on the back - no bending over! I found myself vacuuming more often while pregnant due to strange pregnancy-related nose twitches, ha.

For those who are super clueless about baby prep, there's this awesome app called " Baby Prep 101". It has a long list of to-dos that you can work through in the final trimester, with helpful reminders and tips for the forgetful mind of a pregnant brain. I liked how it had customizable categories too, so you could add other random things to remember, like buying maternity underwear or booking a prenatal massage.

Anyway, these are just some random items that made my pregnancy a little easier. Would love to hear others' experiences with these products or any new ones!
There's much to consider! It's great to stock up on essentials and figure out what could help make the journey more comfortable. Some swear by maternity pillows, while others find that a simple body pillow does the job too. And yes, apps of all kinds can be quite helpful, from tracking contractions to preparing baby must-haves.

I found that staying active with moderate exercises helped ease some pregnancy aches and kept me sane during those nine months. Simple at-home workouts or yoga stretches were accessible and left me feeling accomplished on days when I couldn't leave the house.

On the topic of books, any recommendations for expecting fathers? My other half could use some guidance too!

I found a pregnancy journal really helpful - not an app but the old school kind, with spaces to write notes and record feelings and experiences. I enjoyed reflecting on the changes week by week and documenting the whole journey. It's fun to look back on now too! Also, a comfortable pregnancy belt supported my bump towards the end and allowed me to stay mobile and relatively pain-free.

there's a lot of helpful tech tools expecting mothers should take advantage of. With so many apps out there, it's good to hear recommendations on the useful ones. I wonder if any mums-to-be will find them as helpful as we did!

There are some great recommendations here already! In terms of apps, I also found an e-book called "Pregnancy Week by Week" which was informative without being scary or too overwhelming. It had cute illustrations and was written in a friendly tone, which was nice since it didn't make me feel like I was reading a medical textbook. The author also has a whole series on baby care which is helpful for beginner moms-to-be like me!

I found some great books much more comforting than apps, which could be a little overwhelming at times. Expecting Better by Emily Oster is a fantastic and insightful read that takes you through the whole process with an evidence-based approach. It really helped me separate fact from fiction, and I liked that it encouraged you to make your own informed decisions.

For natural ways to soothe common ailments, I loved my copy of 'Natural Pregnancy Handbook: A Holistic Guide for a Healthy and Happy Nine Months'. It has plenty of tried-and-true remedies and also touches on the emotional aspects of pregnancy, which I found comforting.

Another favorite was 'The Happiest Baby Guide to Sleep: An Easy-to-Follow Plan for a Peaceful Night for Both You and Your Newborn'. It really helped me prepare for those first few exhausting weeks with a new baby, and I loved that it had plenty of real-life tips from parents.

These books were my go-tos; I referred to them often throughout my pregnancies and afterward!
That's great to know! I enjoy reading books that empower us to make informed decisions, especially on such an important life-changing event. Expecting Better sounds like an insightful read, and I like the idea of evidence-based approach it offers.

It's also good to have a go-to guide for natural remedies during pregnancy - our options are often limited, so it's great to have tried-and-true solutions!

That's great to know about the foot and calf massager - will add that to the recommendations!
As for apps, some of them are quite helpful and can really make a difference in managing the overwhelming aspects of pregnancy. The one thing that helped me keep all my pregnancy-related apps organized was by creating a folder on my phone home screen, so they were easy to access but also not cluttering up my screen.

• Haha
Reactions: sunnydays

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu