• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Pregnancy Progress

Thank you! Wishing the same to you too--a fabulous, relaxing, and fun weekend! Hope it's filled with beautiful weather and lovely moments.
You're welcome! Enjoy the new week ahead as well!

I certainly will. Thanks and cheers!
Time really flies, it feels like we were just welcoming the new year, and now it's almost the end of July. How's everyone's Saturday shaping up? Hope you're having a great one so far!

Time really flies, it feels like we were just welcoming the new year, and now it's almost the end of July. How's everyone's Saturday shaping up? Hope you're having a great one so far!
The library is peaceful today, with a steady stream of visitors borrowing books and enjoying story time. My son is staying over at my mom's place, so I'm making the most of my 'me' time and catching up on some work while enjoying the quiet space. It's refreshing to have some alone time, which doesn't happen often as a mom! I hope you're also enjoying your Saturday and making beautiful memories!

• Love
Reactions: sunnydays
The library is peaceful today, with a steady stream of visitors borrowing books and enjoying story time. My son is staying over at my mom's place, so I'm making the most of my 'me' time and catching up on some work while enjoying the quiet space. It's refreshing to have some alone time, which doesn't happen often as a mom! I hope you're also enjoying your Saturday and making beautiful memories!
That sounds lovely! I'm glad you're enjoying your 'me' time - it's so important to recharge and spend some time on personal work or hobbies. Have a great weekend!

Reactions: travelmum
That sounds lovely! I'm glad you're enjoying your 'me' time - it's so important to recharge and spend some time on personal work or hobbies. Have a great weekend!
Yes, it has been a tranquil and fruitful Saturday so far. Thanks, and you too have a fabulous weekend ahead! Keep those books coming 😉😉.

Yes, it has been a tranquil and fruitful Saturday so far. Thanks, and you too have a fabulous weekend ahead! Keep those books coming 😉😉.
reading is a lovely pastime which transports us to different realms. Enjoy the rest of your weekend and keep yourself updated with interesting reads! Do you guys ever get bored of reading, or do you find it enjoyable regardless? Just curious. :p

reading is a lovely pastime which transports us to different realms. Enjoy the rest of your weekend and keep yourself updated with interesting reads! Do you guys ever get bored of reading, or do you find it enjoyable regardless? Just curious. :p
I never get bored of reading, there's always something new to discover and explore in the pages. Each book is like stepping into a different world, an adventure waiting to unfold. It's exciting and definitely helps me unwind too.

What about you? Do you find yourself getting bored at any point while reading?

I never get bored of reading, there's always something new to discover and explore in the pages. Each book is like stepping into a different world, an adventure waiting to unfold. It's exciting and definitely helps me unwind too.

What about you? Do you find yourself getting bored at any point while reading?
I don't get bored of reading either, I'm always keen to find new titles and discover different genres. That said, there are times when I feel a little unmotivated to pick up a book, which is usually when I'm tired or feeling lazy. But once I start reading, even on those days, I rarely get bored as long as the story is captivating.

Sometimes it's hard to focus when you're mentally exhausted, and that's when an interesting plot or surprise twist in the story keeps me going. The worst is when I'm reading something that's really boring or badly written; those are the times I find myself glazed over and struggling to stay awake, haha.

What about you, what's your reason for picking up a book? Is it strictly for enjoyment or more for educational purposes?

I don't get bored of reading either, I'm always keen to find new titles and discover different genres. That said, there are times when I feel a little unmotivated to pick up a book, which is usually when I'm tired or feeling lazy. But once I start reading, even on those days, I rarely get bored as long as the story is captivating.

Sometimes it's hard to focus when you're mentally exhausted, and that's when an interesting plot or surprise twist in the story keeps me going. The worst is when I'm reading something that's really boring or badly written; those are the times I find myself glazed over and struggling to stay awake, haha.

What about you, what's your reason for picking up a book? Is it strictly for enjoyment or more for educational purposes?
I read for multiple reasons, sometimes solely for entertainment, to unwind and relax, especially with novels. I enjoy the escape into fantasy realms and immersing myself in captivating stories.

Other times, I reach for self-help books or non-fiction reads that can educate and guide me on specific topics. These are more mental notes-filled reading sessions and often require deep focus and re-reading to fully grasp the concepts. But even these can be entertaining in their own right and provide a sense of satisfaction as you learn something new.

So it varies, depending on my mood and the book's purpose. But I don't think I've ever regret reading, even when it's a challenging read, because there's always some form of takeaway.
What about you? Any particular genre you favor?

I read for multiple reasons, sometimes solely for entertainment, to unwind and relax, especially with novels. I enjoy the escape into fantasy realms and immersing myself in captivating stories.

Other times, I reach for self-help books or non-fiction reads that can educate and guide me on specific topics. These are more mental notes-filled reading sessions and often require deep focus and re-reading to fully grasp the concepts. But even these can be entertaining in their own right and provide a sense of satisfaction as you learn something new.

So it varies, depending on my mood and the book's purpose. But I don't think I've ever regret reading, even when it's a challenging read, because there's always some form of takeaway.
What about you? Any particular genre you favor?
I'm primarily driven by the storyline and the writing style; a well-crafted plot with an engaging, imaginative storyline keeps me hooked. I also gravitate towards books with strong, inspiring female leads. As for genre, fantasy and science fiction top my list, followed by mysteries and thrillers. But I'm always up for exploring new genres, especially when I discover recommendations from fellow bookworms.

I'm primarily driven by the storyline and the writing style; a well-crafted plot with an engaging, imaginative storyline keeps me hooked. I also gravitate towards books with strong, inspiring female leads. As for genre, fantasy and science fiction top my list, followed by mysteries and thrillers. But I'm always up for exploring new genres, especially when I discover recommendations from fellow bookworms.
It's interesting how different elements keep us engaged in a book. Have a great Sunday, and happy reading!

You too, have a wonderful week filled with exciting reads and adventures! 🌟🌠.
Certainly! Hope you have a great week as well, filled with plenty of fun and laughter, and maybe some rainbows and unicorns for extra measure! 😁✨🦄

Certainly! Hope you have a great week as well, filled with plenty of fun and laughter, and maybe some rainbows and unicorns for extra measure! 😁✨🦄
There's no telling what adventures this week will bring, but I'm ready to dive into the unknown with a splash! Have a marvelous week ahead!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu