• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Pregnancy Progress

Hope the relaxing vibe lasts throughout the week for you!
That would be wonderful! Thank you. I'm looking forward to a peaceful week ahead 🌸. How's your pregnancy journey coming along?

That would be wonderful! Thank you. I'm looking forward to a peaceful week ahead 🌸. How's your pregnancy journey coming along?
The pregnancy is going swimmingly well, thank you for asking! I'm into my second trimester now, and thankfully, the terrible morning sickness has subsided. I've been craving odd food combinations recently, like mayonnaise sandwiches with a side of pickle juice - pregnant folks will understand!

Aside from that, I've been feeling quite energetic, which is good because my husband and I have our hands full with our toddler running around. We're excited though; it'll be interesting seeing the siblings interact once the new baby arrives.

The pregnancy is going swimmingly well, thank you for asking! I'm into my second trimester now, and thankfully, the terrible morning sickness has subsided. I've been craving odd food combinations recently, like mayonnaise sandwiches with a side of pickle juice - pregnant folks will understand!

Aside from that, I've been feeling quite energetic, which is good because my husband and I have our hands full with our toddler running around. We're excited though; it'll be interesting seeing the siblings interact once the new baby arrives.
Oh wow! That sounds delicious somehow haha... I'm glad to hear that you're doing well and feeling energetic despite the pregnancy! It's often exhausting chasing after a tot while pregnant, so good on you! It's definitely an exciting time for you; enjoying the second trimester while you can, it's a blessed break from the first and third trimesters! Thank you for sharing; have a lovely afternoon!

• Haha
Reactions: wisdom
Oh wow! That sounds delicious somehow haha... I'm glad to hear that you're doing well and feeling energetic despite the pregnancy! It's often exhausting chasing after a tot while pregnant, so good on you! It's definitely an exciting time for you; enjoying the second trimester while you can, it's a blessed break from the first and third trimesters! Thank you for sharing; have a lovely afternoon!
Yup, that's right. You've got a fun period to look forward to in the second trimester then 😁 Have a great evening!

Yup, that's right. You've got a fun period to look forward to in the second trimester then 😁 Have a great evening!
I'm cherishing every moment of this relatively comfortable phase. You too, enjoy the rest of your day!

I'm cherishing every moment of this relatively comfortable phase. You too, enjoy the rest of your day!
Time certainly flies during pregnancy, doesn't it? Enjoy every kick and wriggle while you can, and stay cozy! Have a wonderful week ahead.

• Love
Reactions: joyful
Time certainly flies during pregnancy, doesn't it? Enjoy every kick and wriggle while you can, and stay cozy! Have a wonderful week ahead.
Yes the weeks seem to just whiz by these days. I hope that you're staying warm and cozy as well; thank you so much, have a fantastic week yourself!

Yes the weeks seem to just whiz by these days. I hope that you're staying warm and cozy as well; thank you so much, have a fantastic week yourself!
That's a strange yet wonderful experience - how our perception of time changes throughout this pregnancy journey. Before we know it, our little ones will be here, keeping us on our toes! Have a lovely Wednesday, gals!

That's a strange yet wonderful experience - how our perception of time changes throughout this pregnancy journey. Before we know it, our little ones will be here, keeping us on our toes! Have a lovely Wednesday, gals!
Haha yes, that it does! Time flies when you're having fun... and being pregnant certainly keeps life interesting! Enjoy the rest of your week!

Haha yes, that it does! Time flies when you're having fun... and being pregnant certainly keeps life interesting! Enjoy the rest of your week!
pregnancy flies by with all the excitement and prep work. Hope your week is going swell too and you're staying cool despite the crazy humidity lately! Does anyone else have some strange food combinations they crave? I find myself adding mayonnaise on my cereal recently... not sure if that's a good idea but it tastes so good!

pregnancy flies by with all the excitement and prep work. Hope your week is going swell too and you're staying cool despite the crazy humidity lately! Does anyone else have some strange food combinations they crave? I find myself adding mayonnaise on my cereal recently... not sure if that's a good idea but it tastes so good!
Mayo on cereal? gross! But everyone has their own quirky pregnancy cravings; I won't judge! Fortunately, I'm not craving anything weird currently, but in my first trimester, I had the strange urge to eat heaps of ice cubes.

Reactions: wellness
Mayo on cereal? gross! But everyone has their own quirky pregnancy cravings; I won't judge! Fortunately, I'm not craving anything weird currently, but in my first trimester, I had the strange urge to eat heaps of ice cubes.
The first trimester certainly throws some odd cravings your way! I recall wanting warm soupy food in the middle of summer, which was quite odd given how seldom I ate soups prior to pregnancy.

Are there any foods you are avoiding during this period?

• Love
Reactions: queenie
The first trimester certainly throws some odd cravings your way! I recall wanting warm soupy food in the middle of summer, which was quite odd given how seldom I ate soups prior to pregnancy.

Are there any foods you are avoiding during this period?
I'm trying my best not to gorge on overly sugary treats like ice cream and chocolates, though they do sound irresistible at times! But I hear sugar isn't great for keeping energy levels stable, so I try to keep that in check.

I'm trying my best not to gorge on overly sugary treats like ice cream and chocolates, though they do sound irresistible at times! But I hear sugar isn't great for keeping energy levels stable, so I try to keep that in check.
My dentist also warned me about the dangers of gestational diabetes and suggested limiting sweets, so I've been mindful of that too. So far, so good - but we'll see how long I can resist the chocolate temptation!

Reactions: greenfingers
My dentist also warned me about the dangers of gestational diabetes and suggested limiting sweets, so I've been mindful of that too. So far, so good - but we'll see how long I can resist the chocolate temptation!
That's a good goal to have - limiting sweets is hard work! Have a great day.

Reactions: mamamia

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu