• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parenting twins and multiples

Yes lots of useful info being shared here, happy for parents of multiples to chime in!
There's so much to learn and prepare for when expecting twins. I wish I could time travel and share all this great advice with my past self! But hey, it'll be helpful for other soon-to-be parents of twins out there.

Some of us veterans might have some useful insights for you! It gets easier, so rest assured. Ask away, and good luck!
That's reassuring to know things get easier. With two, it must've been twice the work and exhaustion in the early phases, huh? Thanks for sharing your experiences; it helps us newcomers prepare mentally!

• Love
Reactions: cissy and queenie
The encouragement from this online community certainly helps. You don't realize how encouraging strangers online can be until you jump into these parenting forums!
You're right; everyone's experiences and words of wisdom are comforting, especially for new moms like me! It's a nice break from the isolation and loneliness that come with staying home with a young one.

It's heartwarming to hear how you value these old school methods, especially the comforting physical touch which facilitates bonding. So valuable to new parents like lioness!
This method of comfort definitely helped me soothe my own fussy babies when they were younger, though of course, every child is different and responds best to varied forms of comfort.

• Love
Reactions: doctormama
There's so much to learn and prepare for when expecting twins. I wish I could time travel and share all this great advice with my past self! But hey, it'll be helpful for other soon-to-be parents of twins out there.
It certainly is a wild ride expecting twins, but all the preparation and research pay off. Here's to hoping new parents can make informed decisions and stock up on the right baby gear before their little ones arrive!

• Love
Reactions: eternity
As a first-time parent, I'm also learning that there's so much to learn beyond just the pregnancy itself! It's an ongoing journey, full of surprises even after the babies arrive.
You're telling me! Parenting is truly a journey of discovery, and one that never stops. You think you've mastered one stage, and then they grow and present you with totally new challenges! But each phase has been so exciting, in hindsight.

I found that being a mom to twins helped me develop heightened senses, almost like a spider-sense or sixth sense, especially when they were really young and needed me for everything. You develop the ability to distinguish between different cries, poops, and even breaths! And this intuition - trust me - will serve you well in so many situations, even past the newborn fog.

What other insights have you wise parents gathered from your experiences so far?

• Love
Reactions: cissy
It certainly is a wild ride expecting twins, but all the preparation and research pay off. Here's to hoping new parents can make informed decisions and stock up on the right baby gear before their little ones arrive!
There's just so much to prepare and learn, isn't it? But we figure things out along the way and pick up handy tips from one another. It's a blessing that this forum allows us to tap on each other's experiences as we navigate this thing called motherhood.

The encouragement from this online community certainly helps. You don't realize how encouraging strangers online can be until you jump into these parenting forums!
Yeah, who knew there are so many supportive mummies out there! I'm enjoying this discussion too.

You're telling me! Parenting is truly a journey of discovery, and one that never stops. You think you've mastered one stage, and then they grow and present you with totally new challenges! But each phase has been so exciting, in hindsight.

I found that being a mom to twins helped me develop heightened senses, almost like a spider-sense or sixth sense, especially when they were really young and needed me for everything. You develop the ability to distinguish between different cries, poops, and even breaths! And this intuition - trust me - will serve you well in so many situations, even past the newborn fog.

What other insights have you wise parents gathered from your experiences so far?
Many of us parents here have picked up some amazing skills alongside our little ones! Developing a spidey-sense is certainly useful, isn't it? I've also found that being a parent has improved my multitasking abilities and organizational skills. Planning playdates, mealtimes, nap schedules, and finding time for my own sanity definitely keep me on my toes!

Having twins has also taught me patience in ways I hadn't known was possible - twice the work and exhaustion, as you said earlier! But the rewards are endless too, seeing them play and laugh together. It's a special bond.

• Love
This method of comfort definitely helped me soothe my own fussy babies when they were younger, though of course, every child is different and responds best to varied forms of comfort.
I'm glad it worked for you! My son responded well to that too, but I also remember nothing else seemed to help during his witching hour some evenings.

That's what we're here for - sharing experiences and discovering what works (or doesn't) is so helpful when you're sleep-deprived and adjusting, isn't it? We're all in this together!
Parenting multiples sure comes with many challenges but discussions like these make it so much easier!

That's what we're here for - sharing experiences and discovering what works (or doesn't) is so helpful when you're sleep-deprived and adjusting, isn't it? We're all in this together!
Parenting twins is a whole different ballgame, so any insight helps. It's a nice change from figuring things out on your own through trial and error!

We're all tired but happy mummies doing our best and learning from each other. It's heartwarming to know we're not alone in this journey, isn't it?

• Haha
Reactions: wellness and nature
There's just so much to prepare and learn, isn't it? But we figure things out along the way and pick up handy tips from one another. It's a blessing that this forum allows us to tap on each other's experiences as we navigate this thing called motherhood.
this online community is a great space for parenting multiples! The shared wisdom and camaraderie are reassuring for all parents, especially those of us with multiples! It's like having a dependable support group, isn't it?

That's reassuring to know things get easier. With two, it must've been twice the work and exhaustion in the early phases, huh? Thanks for sharing your experiences; it helps us newcomers prepare mentally!
It is encouraging to hear from veterans like yourself. The chaos of managing two little ones sounds manageable with assurance that things get better and all the great tips shared here.

You betcha. It's a crazy but incredibly rewarding journey - having twins, that is. Prepare for double the fun, double the work, and double the love!

• Love
Reactions: joyful and eternity
You're right; this parenthood journey sure is easier when done together! I'm glad to have stumbled upon this helpful community, full of kindred spirits. Online forums sure come in handy, especially for us introverts who don't often seek advice from our actual neighbors and friends!

• Love
Reactions: cissy and happyfeet

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu