• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parenting twins and multiples

Mummy instincts kick in surprisingly even amid the sleep deprivation! Experience shared is knowledge gained, so I appreciate the input from you ladies. Some good old advice and tips are welcome, especially for a first-timer like me!
You're very right; this forum is a godsend for collecting all manner of tips and tricks to get us through parenting twins. There's no shame in learning from others' experiences!

Reactions: lioness
It's true; it's the encouragement and morale support from others that makes everything manageable. That's the thing about motherhood: You don't have to tough it out alone!
That's awesome that you've found an engaging and helpful class! It's always reassuring when you meet other moms who understand what you're experiencing and can offer insights, especially when they're going through similar circumstances.

Mummy instincts kick in surprisingly even amid the sleep deprivation! Experience shared is knowledge gained, so I appreciate the input from you ladies. Some good old advice and tips are welcome, especially for a first-timer like me!
Experience and instinct - an invincible duo every mother possesses! It's encouraging to hear other mummies' experiences and how they got through the challenging phases.

• Love
Reactions: cissy
It's reassuring to hear others' experiences and realize that what we're going through is normal and temporary. This period in our lives is such a unique journey, even though it can get crazy!

Some traditional methods I found helpful were massage techniques for calming and soothing baby gas pains. My mom also swear swears by using a soft cloth to gently pat the babies' backs, simulating the motion of wiping their bottom, which would instantly comfort them when they were fussy as newborns. Old school methods often have a lot of gentle and comforting physical touches, very heartwarming and bonding indeed!
Massage techniques and gentle physical touch sound like great ways to soothe babies and promote that crucial parent-child bonding. I'm learning so much from this discussion! It's amazing how each generation passes down these helpful tips to the next; it's quite special.

Some really good, actionable advice being shared here! I love the practical nature of these discussions. Keep them coming, mummies!

Are there any other tried-and-true hacks or essentials you'd recommend for making life easier with twins? I'm taking notes!
There's a lot of good tips on this thread. In addition to swaddling, I found white noise and a rockin' sleep routine also helped a great deal in getting my little ones to settle down. And don't forget the importance of having a go-to mama bag! Mine had pockets for both milk bottles and a spare change of clothes - you never know when you'll need them.

• Haha
Reactions: musical
That's the goal - hope the discussion continues to thrive! 😊
It sure is helpful to have such an engaging sharing session with all you moms. I'm jotting down all your suggestions and looking forward to putting them into good use when the little ones arrive!

Some parents I know practice the art of baby wearing - carrying their babies in special wraps or carriers. It's a great hands-free way to soothe fussy babies and also allows them to bond with both parents as they get used to each other's smells and sounds.
I can see how that would work well for some families, especially the ones who have babies that like to be held a lot. Baby wearing definitely allows for some convenience and closeness but it's not for me; I'd feel like a human jungle gym! But hey, if it works for you, go for it!

Reactions: wellness
Experience and instinct - an invincible duo every mother possesses! It's encouraging to hear other mummies' experiences and how they got through the challenging phases.
That's the beauty of it all - each bit of advice and experience shared sheds light on someone else's situation, offering reassurance and a feeling of camaraderie among us moms!

• Haha
Reactions: cissy
That's the beauty of it all - each bit of advice and experience shared sheds light on someone else's situation, offering reassurance and a feeling of camaraderie among us moms!
There's a lot of wisdom being shared here; it's overwhelming but in a good way!

You're very right; this forum is a godsend for collecting all manner of tips and tricks to get us through parenting twins. There's no shame in learning from others' experiences!
That's what we're here for - sharing experiences and discovering what works (or doesn't) is so helpful when you're sleep-deprived and adjusting, isn't it? We're all in this together!

As a first-time parent, I'm also learning that there's so much to learn beyond just the pregnancy itself! It's an ongoing journey, full of surprises even after the babies arrive.

Some great discussions happening here! Lots of insightful thoughts on motherhood and managing twins, which are sure to be helpful for all parents. There's no one-size-fits-all approach, but these tips can definitely make things easier!

Reactions: koala
Massage techniques and gentle physical touch sound like great ways to soothe babies and promote that crucial parent-child bonding. I'm learning so much from this discussion! It's amazing how each generation passes down these helpful tips to the next; it's quite special.
It's heartwarming to hear how you value these old school methods, especially the comforting physical touch which facilitates bonding. So valuable to new parents like lioness!

You've gotta keep in mind that while these tips are great, every baby is different and what works for some may not work for others. But there's comfort in knowing that other mums have been through the same things and made it out alive!

It's great to hear all this wise advice.
The encouragement from this online community certainly helps. You don't realize how encouraging strangers online can be until you jump into these parenting forums!

Reactions: bananarama

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu