• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parenting Kids With Challenges

It was a nice break from the everyday routine. I'm charged up now to take on the challenges that the upcoming week may bring. How about you? Does this chat conclude with our weekend greetings or is there anything else we can discuss related to parenting kids with challenges?
I think it's a great idea to continue sharing ideas on managing the ups and downs of parenting, especially when it comes to giving ourselves some grace and supporting one another. It's encouraging and helpful to hear different perspectives!

I think it's a great idea to continue sharing ideas on managing the ups and downs of parenting, especially when it comes to giving ourselves some grace and supporting one another. It's encouraging and helpful to hear different perspectives!
That's true. Parenting can be really stressful, especially when our kids are having meltdowns, or not eating/sleeping well, or simply going through a challenging phase like tantrums or hitting.

One thing I do is keep a list of their good moments -- that's my 'grace' strategy -- to remind myself of the many wonderful qualities and adorable behaviors that my toddlers display which I may otherwise forget amidst the chaos. It helps me appreciate them more, especially during difficult times. I also have a playlist for cute or funny mom hacks which help make parenting easier -- like putting together meals that only require one pot or shortcuts that save time without compromising quality.

What are some strategies you use to stay charged up and manage the demands of parenthood?

That's true. Parenting can be really stressful, especially when our kids are having meltdowns, or not eating/sleeping well, or simply going through a challenging phase like tantrums or hitting.

One thing I do is keep a list of their good moments -- that's my 'grace' strategy -- to remind myself of the many wonderful qualities and adorable behaviors that my toddlers display which I may otherwise forget amidst the chaos. It helps me appreciate them more, especially during difficult times. I also have a playlist for cute or funny mom hacks which help make parenting easier -- like putting together meals that only require one pot or shortcuts that save time without compromising quality.

What are some strategies you use to stay charged up and manage the demands of parenthood?
That's an excellent strategy to keep a list of your kids' good moments! I love it because it's practical, purposeful, and positive. I think we often get tunnel vision with the challenges that we face and forget all the sweet moments that make it all worthwhile - definitely a great way to appreciate them and keep some perspective.

I'm also jotting down your meal prep idea - that's something I struggle with as my kids are fussy eaters, so any tips on quick, one-pot meals would be welcome!

As for me, besides the standard self-care practices which are so important -- eating well, exercise, and sleep (ha!) -- I find creating a special 'mom' space helps me recharge. I have a corner in my bedroom with essentials like my diffuser, relaxing oils, and a cozy chair for some much-needed 'me time'. It's like my sanctuary within the chaos and helps me to feel grounded when the going gets tough. I also make it a point to take individual time outs when the kids are asleep - often just 10 minutes to journal, meditate or read something encouraging. Sometimes, if I'm particularly frazzled, I'll take a long, relaxing shower and that's my 'reset' button!

I also love connecting with other parents because, as you said, it's nice to know we're not alone in our experiences - whether online or with close friends.

That's an excellent strategy to keep a list of your kids' good moments! I love it because it's practical, purposeful, and positive. I think we often get tunnel vision with the challenges that we face and forget all the sweet moments that make it all worthwhile - definitely a great way to appreciate them and keep some perspective.

I'm also jotting down your meal prep idea - that's something I struggle with as my kids are fussy eaters, so any tips on quick, one-pot meals would be welcome!

As for me, besides the standard self-care practices which are so important -- eating well, exercise, and sleep (ha!) -- I find creating a special 'mom' space helps me recharge. I have a corner in my bedroom with essentials like my diffuser, relaxing oils, and a cozy chair for some much-needed 'me time'. It's like my sanctuary within the chaos and helps me to feel grounded when the going gets tough. I also make it a point to take individual time outs when the kids are asleep - often just 10 minutes to journal, meditate or read something encouraging. Sometimes, if I'm particularly frazzled, I'll take a long, relaxing shower and that's my 'reset' button!

I also love connecting with other parents because, as you said, it's nice to know we're not alone in our experiences - whether online or with close friends.
The feelings are mutual about connecting with other parents. It's comforting indeed to know that other people share the same experiences as us and have similar struggles. Have a great week ahead!

The feelings are mutual about connecting with other parents. It's comforting indeed to know that other people share the same experiences as us and have similar struggles. Have a great week ahead!
Yeah, here's to all the parenting wins this week, and cheers to keeping each other sane! 😘

Yeah, here's to all the parenting wins this week, and cheers to keeping each other sane! 😘
Here's to new beginnings! Have a fantastic Monday, everyone! Keep those parenting tips coming, and let's keep supporting one another! 🥳🎉

Here's to new beginnings! Have a fantastic Monday, everyone! Keep those parenting tips coming, and let's keep supporting one another! 🥳🎉
I'm sure we'll still have lots of interesting tips to share as the week goes by. Enjoy the rest of your day!

I'm sure we'll still have lots of interesting tips to share as the week goes by. Enjoy the rest of your day!
That's wonderful to hear various ideas on how we can be better parents without compromising our sanity! Have a splendid evening and keep those suggestions coming! 😁

That's wonderful to hear various ideas on how we can be better parents without compromising our sanity! Have a splendid evening and keep those suggestions coming! 😁
It is indeed heartening to gain insights from fellow parents online. I'm delighted to learn new ways to keep up our energy levels amidst the demands of parenthood and also keep our kids engaged and happy! Have an awesome afternoon there!

It is indeed heartening to gain insights from fellow parents online. I'm delighted to learn new ways to keep up our energy levels amidst the demands of parenthood and also keep our kids engaged and happy! Have an awesome afternoon there!
Yes, it's refreshing to hear all these little tips and hacks y'all use as parents! Enjoy the rest of your day too!

Yes, it's refreshing to hear all these little tips and hacks y'all use as parents! Enjoy the rest of your day too!
It's a pleasure to exchange these little life hacks that make parenthood more enjoyable! Hope you have a fantastic weekend ahead! 🎉 😎

It's a pleasure to exchange these little life hacks that make parenthood more enjoyable! Hope you have a fantastic weekend ahead! 🎉 😎
You too, enjoy the lovely weather this weekend!

Enjoy the cool weather while it lasts and make some great memories with the family! See you around!
You too, have a fantastic time creating wonderful memories. Stay cool, literal and figuratively, and catch you later! 😎

You too, have a fantastic time creating wonderful memories. Stay cool, literal and figuratively, and catch you later! 😎
I'll be keeping an eye out for more interesting tips to pick up. Have a superb week ahead!

I'll be keeping an eye out for more interesting tips to pick up. Have a superb week ahead!
There's always so much to learn from each other's parenting experiences. I'm curious to hear any unconventional strategies you guys may have come up with too! Have a great day, everyone!

There's always so much to learn from each other's parenting experiences. I'm curious to hear any unconventional strategies you guys may have come up with too! Have a great day, everyone!
Unconventional strategies, huh? Well, with two kids, mine seem to change on the daily! Haha! But I'll definitely share them when they're tried and tested! Have a awesome evening, mamas! 😀😀😀

Unconventional strategies, huh? Well, with two kids, mine seem to change on the daily! Haha! But I'll definitely share them when they're tried and tested! Have a awesome evening, mamas! 😀😀😀
You too! Catch you later!

I look forward to hearing your unique parenting tactics! Have a lovely day enjoying those cute little ones. Cheers! 😊
Yes indeed, it's always fun discovering new ways to keep the peace at home! Have a peaceful weekend, everyone!😴

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu