• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parenting Journey

That's a nice, unexpected twist! It's wonderful how children can get so infatuated with nature and animals. My daughter suddenly became fascinated with insects last summer, which was quite an adventure for both of us as we learned about bees, butterflies, and ladybugs up close. I loved seeing the excitement on her face when she chased after them in our garden. It's these little surprises that make parenting such a joyful journey.
The surprises toddlers spring upon us sure do keep life interesting! It's heartwarming to witness their enthusiasm and growing affection for the natural world. Their curiosity can open up new worlds to us, too, which adds a lovely layer of shared discovery to this whole parenting gig.

The surprises toddlers spring upon us sure do keep life interesting! It's heartwarming to witness their enthusiasm and growing affection for the natural world. Their curiosity can open up new worlds to us, too, which adds a lovely layer of shared discovery to this whole parenting gig.
It's amazing how children can teach us lessons about the world, isn't it? Their wonderment at discovering new creatures or the outdoors is a beautiful thing to be around and certainly makes the challenges of parenthood so worth it!

• Love
Reactions: greenfingers
It's amazing how children can teach us lessons about the world, isn't it? Their wonderment at discovering new creatures or the outdoors is a beautiful thing to be around and certainly makes the challenges of parenthood so worth it!
Their wide-eyed wonder is indeed a precious gift, a reminder of the beauty in the simple joys of life. The curiosity of children can open our eyes to so many little wonders we'd otherwise miss as adults. It's a humbling and wonderful experience to witness, which definitely makes all the challenges seem smaller.

Their wide-eyed wonder is indeed a precious gift, a reminder of the beauty in the simple joys of life. The curiosity of children can open our eyes to so many little wonders we'd otherwise miss as adults. It's a humbling and wonderful experience to witness, which definitely makes all the challenges seem smaller.
This thread has been such a lovely read, filled with these heartwarming stories! I love hearing about everyone's experiences.

This thread has been such a lovely read, filled with these heartwarming stories! I love hearing about everyone's experiences.
It sure is nice to have this space to share our parenting moments, the ups and downs, and all the little in-betweens.

It sure is nice to have this space to share our parenting moments, the ups and downs, and all the little in-betweens.
Hearing other moms' experiences helps me too, especially when I'm feeling lost or uncertain - which happens more often than I'd like to admit! ;)

Hearing other moms' experiences helps me too, especially when I'm feeling lost or uncertain - which happens more often than I'd like to admit! ;)
Yes indeed, it's reassuring to know we're not alone in our parenting journeys. Hearing different perspectives helps us grow as parents, knowing we have options and choices to make informed decisions!

Yes indeed, it's reassuring to know we're not alone in our parenting journeys. Hearing different perspectives helps us grow as parents, knowing we have options and choices to make informed decisions!
That's true. Different perspectives help us see things from a different light, which can make us grow as individuals, too! Parenting is such an amazing, life-changing experience, and hearing others' stories only makes it more exciting. Does everyone here have older children? How did your interests change over time as your parenting journey evolved?

That's true. Different perspectives help us see things from a different light, which can make us grow as individuals, too! Parenting is such an amazing, life-changing experience, and hearing others' stories only makes it more exciting. Does everyone here have older children? How did your interests change over time as your parenting journey evolved?
As my son grew older, I found myself delving into educational theories and practices that could help me understand his developmental stages and needs. I started off with Montessori principles and later became fascinated with the Reggio Emilia approach, which encouraged a more creative and reflective style of learning that resonated with me. This new interest led me to explore art and music education, which became a fun, special bonding activity for both of us. I loved witnessing his senses come alive through these experiences!

As he entered his toddler years, my focus shifted to all things nature-related as I tried to keep up with his newfound energy and curiosity for the great outdoors. We began exploring parks and nature reserves, going on hikes and camping trips. This ignited a passion for wildlife and environmental conservation that I never anticipated! I found myself immersed in documentaries and shows on National Geographic and Discovery Channels, which kept me engaged even after he had gone to bed.

Now that he's entering kindergarten, my interests have taken a bit of a philosophical turn, focusing more on mindful parenting and character building as I navigate discipline strategies and emotional intelligence. It's a daily challenge, keeping up with his growing mind! But it's also fascinating to witness his critical thinking skills emerge, especially when we discuss current affairs together.

Through these changes, I've always been drawn to storytelling and the power of books. Children's literature remains a constant anchor in our routine, providing comfort and escape. Reading together remains one of my favorite pastimes as we explore new worlds, both fictional and non-fiction, igniting our imaginations and inspiring many deep conversations.

What about you, sunnydays? Have your interests evolved since becoming a parent?

As my son grew older, I found myself delving into educational theories and practices that could help me understand his developmental stages and needs. I started off with Montessori principles and later became fascinated with the Reggio Emilia approach, which encouraged a more creative and reflective style of learning that resonated with me. This new interest led me to explore art and music education, which became a fun, special bonding activity for both of us. I loved witnessing his senses come alive through these experiences!

As he entered his toddler years, my focus shifted to all things nature-related as I tried to keep up with his newfound energy and curiosity for the great outdoors. We began exploring parks and nature reserves, going on hikes and camping trips. This ignited a passion for wildlife and environmental conservation that I never anticipated! I found myself immersed in documentaries and shows on National Geographic and Discovery Channels, which kept me engaged even after he had gone to bed.

Now that he's entering kindergarten, my interests have taken a bit of a philosophical turn, focusing more on mindful parenting and character building as I navigate discipline strategies and emotional intelligence. It's a daily challenge, keeping up with his growing mind! But it's also fascinating to witness his critical thinking skills emerge, especially when we discuss current affairs together.

Through these changes, I've always been drawn to storytelling and the power of books. Children's literature remains a constant anchor in our routine, providing comfort and escape. Reading together remains one of my favorite pastimes as we explore new worlds, both fictional and non-fiction, igniting our imaginations and inspiring many deep conversations.

What about you, sunnydays? Have your interests evolved since becoming a parent?
They most certainly have! Being a parent opened up a whole new world of wonders and interests I never imagined. Like you, I found myself immersed in the world of early education, captivated by Montessori's principles, which led me to explore a wealth of knowledge on child development and psychology. I became fascinated with the intricate ways children perceive the world.

As my older one started showing an avid interest in art, I found myself picking up drawing and painting again after a long hiatus. It's so heartwarming to see him embrace his creativity, which has encouraged me to explore my own! We often end up with paint-stained clothes after our little art sessions. It's like discovering art all over again for the first time, but this time through his eyes.

As they grow older, I've also grown fond of capturing their little adventures on camera. I love documenting their every milestone and the pure wonder on their faces as they explore new things. It's my way of holding onto these precious moments a little longer.

I also never thought I'd be so interested in playground designs and outdoor play equipment until it became a daily topic of discussion with my energetic duo! And as much as parenting can be exhausting, I've maintained my interest in keeping active and trying new sports with them. From toddler yoga to mini-golf and kayaking, we're always up for some outdoor excitement.

But if I were to pick one passion that's remained a constant, it's got to be my love for travel. Passing on the joy of discovering new cultures and exploring our big world has been such a delight. Seeing their eyes light up at each new experience makes every trip magical. Whether it's camping under the stars or snorkeling with reef fish, these are the moments that make parenting feel so rewarding.

They most certainly have! Being a parent opened up a whole new world of wonders and interests I never imagined. Like you, I found myself immersed in the world of early education, captivated by Montessori's principles, which led me to explore a wealth of knowledge on child development and psychology. I became fascinated with the intricate ways children perceive the world.

As my older one started showing an avid interest in art, I found myself picking up drawing and painting again after a long hiatus. It's so heartwarming to see him embrace his creativity, which has encouraged me to explore my own! We often end up with paint-stained clothes after our little art sessions. It's like discovering art all over again for the first time, but this time through his eyes.

As they grow older, I've also grown fond of capturing their little adventures on camera. I love documenting their every milestone and the pure wonder on their faces as they explore new things. It's my way of holding onto these precious moments a little longer.

I also never thought I'd be so interested in playground designs and outdoor play equipment until it became a daily topic of discussion with my energetic duo! And as much as parenting can be exhausting, I've maintained my interest in keeping active and trying new sports with them. From toddler yoga to mini-golf and kayaking, we're always up for some outdoor excitement.

But if I were to pick one passion that's remained a constant, it's got to be my love for travel. Passing on the joy of discovering new cultures and exploring our big world has been such a delight. Seeing their eyes light up at each new experience makes every trip magical. Whether it's camping under the stars or snorkeling with reef fish, these are the moments that make parenting feel so rewarding.
Traveling with young children sounds fun! Documenting your children's milestones and adventures is a wonderful idea too. It's great to see how your passions have evolved since becoming a parent, bookworm. Parents like you inspire others too!

Traveling with young children sounds fun! Documenting your children's milestones and adventures is a wonderful idea too. It's great to see how your passions have evolved since becoming a parent, bookworm. Parents like you inspire others too!
It's indeed eye-opening to discover the diverse interests that come into play once we embark on this parenting journey. Everyone has their unique experiences which is quite fascinating!

It's indeed eye-opening to discover the diverse interests that come into play once we embark on this parenting journey. Everyone has their unique experiences which is quite fascinating!
Yes, it's so interesting to see how differently we navigate the parenting journey and the unique passions that emerge!

Yes, it's so interesting to see how differently we navigate the parenting journey and the unique passions that emerge!
The variety of experiences shared in this thread is indeed wonderful! It's amazing how much we can learn from other parents' journeys. Sometimes, it's the simple joy of discovering things through our children's eyes that keep our interests ignited. Do you also find that some of your passions have remained constant throughout your parenting journey? Or maybe you've discovered new excitement in unexpected hobbies?

The variety of experiences shared in this thread is indeed wonderful! It's amazing how much we can learn from other parents' journeys. Sometimes, it's the simple joy of discovering things through our children's eyes that keep our interests ignited. Do you also find that some of your passions have remained constant throughout your parenting journey? Or maybe you've discovered new excitement in unexpected hobbies?
Indeed, there is much to learn from one another's experiences, and it's heartening to see the varied ways we navigate this complex role called 'parenting.'

For me, my love for the outdoors and nature has remained constant. I suppose it's something that has stayed with me since my own childhood. Having grown up in a family that loved hiking and camping, these values were instilled in me from a young age, and I wanted to impart these joys to my child too. So, whether it's an afternoon at the park or a week-long camping trip, I'm all for it!

I also find myself still enjoying the tales and adventures found in children's literature. While themes and plots change with the target audience, snuggling up with my kiddo and delving into a good story is a pleasure that endures. It's heartwarming to see him grab a book and immerse himself in it, losing track of time.

What about you, bookworm? Any passions that have stood the test of parenthood?

Indeed, there is much to learn from one another's experiences, and it's heartening to see the varied ways we navigate this complex role called 'parenting.'

For me, my love for the outdoors and nature has remained constant. I suppose it's something that has stayed with me since my own childhood. Having grown up in a family that loved hiking and camping, these values were instilled in me from a young age, and I wanted to impart these joys to my child too. So, whether it's an afternoon at the park or a week-long camping trip, I'm all for it!

I also find myself still enjoying the tales and adventures found in children's literature. While themes and plots change with the target audience, snuggling up with my kiddo and delving into a good story is a pleasure that endures. It's heartwarming to see him grab a book and immerse himself in it, losing track of time.

What about you, bookworm? Any passions that have stood the test of parenthood?
As someone who has always found solace in the written word, I too have maintained my love for reading through the parenting journey. There's something special about escaping into a good book, and watching my children develop their own literary interests has been a delight. Seeing them engrossed in their stories is a sight to behold, often reminding me of my own childhood.

Also, similar to you, techsavvy, I have always been fond of the outdoors, and this interest remains unwavering. While parenting certainly changes your perspective on life and introduces new interests, these longstanding passions are a constant reminder of who we are and can provide a welcomed sense of familiarity amidst the challenges of parenthood.

Do share more of your camping trips and outdoor adventures! I'm sure many parents would love to hear about them too.

As someone who has always found solace in the written word, I too have maintained my love for reading through the parenting journey. There's something special about escaping into a good book, and watching my children develop their own literary interests has been a delight. Seeing them engrossed in their stories is a sight to behold, often reminding me of my own childhood.

Also, similar to you, techsavvy, I have always been fond of the outdoors, and this interest remains unwavering. While parenting certainly changes your perspective on life and introduces new interests, these longstanding passions are a constant reminder of who we are and can provide a welcomed sense of familiarity amidst the challenges of parenthood.

Do share more of your camping trips and outdoor adventures! I'm sure many parents would love to hear about them too.
I've always enjoyed our weekend family excursions to different parks and gardens around Singapore. They provide a nice break from the concrete jungle, especially when we get to explore nature trails and spot unique plants and animals. My kids love running wild at the parks, and it's a great way to tire them out before nap time! Haha.

Have a lovely day, everybody!

I've always enjoyed our weekend family excursions to different parks and gardens around Singapore. They provide a nice break from the concrete jungle, especially when we get to explore nature trails and spot unique plants and animals. My kids love running wild at the parks, and it's a great way to tire them out before nap time! Haha.

Have a lovely day, everybody!
That sounds like a great way to spend quality time with the family! Enjoy your day too!

Yes indeed! Have a great afternoon!
It's these little experiences that make life meaningful, isn't it? Here's to many more such joyful moments for all of us on this parenting journey!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu