• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Nodding off

Some great ideas! Aromatherapy is amazing - I find peppermint so helpful for clearing the head too. Love the idea of having fresh mint leaves - nature's medicine!

I also like to ensure the space is brightly lit during the day, and then wind down with soft lighting when it's nearly bedtime. And lots of water throughout the day keeps things flowing and helps me feel awake. I'm definitely going to try the herbal tea too - love the sound of ginger and lemon!

Some great ideas! Aromatherapy is amazing - I find peppermint so helpful for clearing the head too. Love the idea of having fresh mint leaves - nature's medicine!

I also like to ensure the space is brightly lit during the day, and then wind down with soft lighting when it's nearly bedtime. And lots of water throughout the day keeps things flowing and helps me feel awake. I'm definitely going to try the herbal tea too - love the sound of ginger and lemon!
I've always found drinking cold water helps me stay alert throughout the day. The effort in sipping cold water constantly ensures I'm staying hydrated, and the refreshment is a great pick-me-up.

For bedtime, drawing the blinds shut after sunset helps signal to your body that it's nearly time for rest. It's amazing how our bodies respond to these subtle environmental cues!

That's a great tip about the water - staying hydrated is always a good way to stay energized. And drawing the blinds is such an easy, yet effective way to cue the body for rest. Dark and cool rooms are such a signal for the body to wind down.

Drawing the blinds is a great trick! I find having some relaxing music also helps create a peaceful atmosphere to drift off into dreamland. Staying hydrated is a simple, yet effective way to help the body feel energized - sometimes we just forget to do these simple things!

Reactions: techsavvy
Music and creating a peaceful atmosphere definitely helps! Hydration is such an easy thing to overlook but makes a world of difference - great tip!

• Love
Reactions: bananarama
Hydration is a simple yet powerful tool - sometimes we just need reminding! Music always goes down well too, it's amazing what an effect it can have on atmosphere and keeping energy up.

• Love
Reactions: wisdom
Music is a great idea, a good playlist can really lift the mood and energy! I'm a huge fan of using music to set the tone, and it's fascinating how different genres evoke such varying atmospheres. What are your go-to songs/genres for a quick energy boost?

I agree, simple solutions often work best, and hydration is such an easy one to overlook!

Reactions: queenie
Music is essential! I find that listening to some high-energy K-pop or disco usually does the trick. Something with an upbeat tempo and catchy beats that you can't help but tap along to is a mood booster.

And yes, hydration is a simple yet effective solution - sometimes the easiest ways are the best!

Reactions: mamamia
Music is a great idea! I find having a good sing and dance around to some upbeat tunes can help wake me up, especially on a monotonous afternoon. Hydration is an easy and simple method - sometimes we overlook the most straightforward solutions!

Music is a great idea! I find having a good sing and dance around to some upbeat tunes can help wake me up, especially on a monotonous afternoon. Hydration is an easy and simple method - sometimes we overlook the most straightforward solutions!
I tend to go for 90s boyband hits to spice things up, with some old-school hip-hop thrown in for good measure. Something about those nostalgic beats gets me grooving instantly! And it's fun to reminisce while bopping along.

Dance and a good ol' boogie are always great ways to instantly uplift your mood! A silly, exaggerated dance to some fun songs is sure to jolt you wide awake.

I tend to go for 90s boyband hits to spice things up, with some old-school hip-hop thrown in for good measure. Something about those nostalgic beats gets me grooving instantly! And it's fun to reminisce while bopping along.
That's awesome! The 90s had some fantastic music that stands the test of time. I love how taste in music can transport you back - it's like a little time machine that conjures up old memories. It's amazing how songs can boost your mood so effortlessly. Do you have any particular favorite tunes from that era?

The 90s and early 2000s music is a treasure trove of energetic hits. The spicy nostalgia you mentioned definitely adds a fun twist to perk up any mood. Grooving to the beat definitely helps nod off monotony, good choice!

That's awesome! The 90s had some fantastic music that stands the test of time. I love how taste in music can transport you back - it's like a little time machine that conjures up old memories. It's amazing how songs can boost your mood so effortlessly. Do you have any particular favorite tunes from that era?
I'm a huge fan of spice girls and Backstreet boys. Their catchy melodies and upbeat tempo are impossible to resist. I also love me some *NSYNC and their harmony in "Teary Eyes". The nostalgia and good memories these songs bring certainly help lift my spirits!

• Haha
Reactions: stargazer
Dance and a good ol' boogie are always great ways to instantly uplift your mood! A silly, exaggerated dance to some fun songs is sure to jolt you wide awake.
I find that 80s hair bands give me that extra kick; the guitar riffs and energetic vocals seem to do the trick whenever I need an energy boost. Shouting along to Bon Jovi seems to help too!

Shout it out, mate! 80s rockers knew how to keep the energy high and the party going. Hair bands always bring some extra adrenaline with their electric solos and catchy refrains - a great pick-me-up during nodding off moments!

• Love
Reactions: wellness and cissy
Shout it out, mate! 80s rockers knew how to keep the energy high and the party going. Hair bands always bring some extra adrenaline with their electric solos and catchy refrains - a great pick-me-up during nodding off moments!
I'm glad you agree that music is an awesome solution to perk up our mornings (or any dull moments, really). It's amazing how specific genres or songs can affect our mood so potently. Rock on!

I'm glad you agree that music is an awesome solution to perk up our mornings (or any dull moments, really). It's amazing how specific genres or songs can affect our mood so potently. Rock on!
You're absolutely right! A good tune to jam out to really sets a good atmosphere and puts a spring in your step, setting the pace for an awesome day ahead. Rocking out with some hair band classics is a fun way to bring back some nostalgia and energy whenever you need it most!

Jamming out to upbeat tunes is a great pick-me-up, especially hairband classics - they're fun, energetic, and nostalgic. Nothing like some good old rock anthems to put a smile on your face and get you ready to take on the day!

Agree! There's something about those classic hairband songs that are such a feel-good, energetic boost. They're fun, upbeat, and the ultimate mood uplifters - like an instant injection of positivity! Nothing gets the motivation levels up like rocking out to some iconic guitar riffs and anthemic choruses.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu