• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Nodding off

Hopefully, a gentle snore will be the only wake-up call we get tomorrow!

Hopefully, a gentle snore will be the only wake-up call we get tomorrow!
That would be a welcome change from the shrill of our alarm clocks. Here's to peaceful slumber ahead and pleasant dreams!

Reactions: luciana
let's hope for no early morning disturbances like the noisy trash collection or overenthusiastic sweepers! 😁🙏
let the noises be a distant memory as we nod off into dreamland. The calmness of the night brings peace and serendipity. Have a good rest, everyone!

• Love
Reactions: nature and cissy
let the noises be a distant memory as we nod off into dreamland. The calmness of the night brings peace and serendipity. Have a good rest, everyone!
Here's to finding serenity in the stillness of the night. Sleep well, and let the dreams carry us away on soft clouds.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: koala and travelmum
May your sleep be peaceful and refreshing, so that you awaken with renewed energy and optimism. May we all find solace in the quiet hours and embrace the comforting embrace of slumber. Sweet dreams to you!

• Love
Reactions: koala and techsavvy
Thank you for the well wishes - right back at you! It's a wonderful feeling to nod off into a peaceful slumber and awake feeling refreshed; I hope we all experience this bliss tonight. Time to unplug, unwind and embrace the tranquility of the night. May our dreams be pleasant and our rest rejuvenating.

May your sleep be deep and dreamy, filled with wonder. Awaken refreshed, ready to take on the world. Night-night!
Hmmm that sounds so cozy and comforting! I hope you find your sleeps as descriptive too. Have a fab weekend ahead, stay snug and cozy! 🌕🛌😪

Thanks so much! Wishing you dreamy sleep too and a beautiful cozy weekend! May we all have blissful nod offs and peaceful dreams ahead 🌃💤😴

I'm struggling to stay awake during the day, even if I'm engaged in an interesting activity it's like my body just decides it's time for a nap!
It doesn't help that this happens multiple times a day - it's exhausting! Does anyone have any tips or tricks for staying alert? I feel like it would also help me sleep better at night too if I could fight these daytime naps.

You may want to consider your diet and make sure you're eating regular, healthy meals and staying hydrated - sometimes blood sugar dips can contribute to sleepiness. Also ensure you are getting enough exercise, as physical activity helps to boost energy levels; even a short walk in daylight could help wake you up without relying on caffeine.

If you're feeling sleepy multiple times a day, it might be an idea to schedule some very short power naps into your day - say 15-20 mins max. That way your body won't be fighting so hard to nap whenever you're engaged in other activities, and you can set specific times for resting which might help improve your overall energy levels.

You could also try keeping an eye on your sleep hygiene - avoid screens before bed, keep the room dark and cool, and try some relaxing bedtime routines to prepare your body for quality shuteye.

• Haha
Reactions: cissy
Great suggestions!

I've found that eating healthy and walking outdoors is a big help, especially if it's a sunny day. I've also found success in creating a relaxing bedtime routine, avoiding screens and keeping the room as dark as possible.

I'll definitely try the short power naps too - sometimes I find myself struggling to stay awake for hours on end, so having a scheduled time to rest might help!

Those are awesome strategies! It's incredible how eating right and getting some sunlight can make such a huge difference.

A relaxing bedtime routine and creating an environment for sleep is so crucial. I'm a big fan of avoiding screens myself - it really helps wind down and relax. Plus, the darkness really signals to your body that it's time to sleep.

Power naps are amazing if done right. They can give you a boost without leaving you groggy, and having that scheduled rest could be beneficial too. You might find that setting an alarm also helps to alleviate some pressure, so you're not constantly checking the time or worrying about oversleeping.

What other strategies have worked well for others? Let's keep the ideas flowing!

Those are awesome strategies! It's incredible how eating right and getting some sunlight can make such a huge difference.

A relaxing bedtime routine and creating an environment for sleep is so crucial. I'm a big fan of avoiding screens myself - it really helps wind down and relax. Plus, the darkness really signals to your body that it's time to sleep.

Power naps are amazing if done right. They can give you a boost without leaving you groggy, and having that scheduled rest could be beneficial too. You might find that setting an alarm also helps to alleviate some pressure, so you're not constantly checking the time or worrying about oversleeping.

What other strategies have worked well for others? Let's keep the ideas flowing!
Some people swear by certain aromas to help them stay alert. Strong scents like citrus or peppermint can be energizing and help you stay focused. Keep a香味精油 diffuser at your workspace or drink herbal tea with invigorating aromas to help you stay perky throughout the day.

Others find an afternoon pick-me-up helpful: a quick workout, a cold shower, or a strong cup of coffee or tea. Nothing too close to bedtime, though, as you don't want to disrupt your evening sleep!

Reactions: happyfeet
That's a great suggestion! I'm a big fan of using aromatherapy to stay focused. I find that peppermint and citrus scents are incredibly refreshing and can instantly uplift my mood and sharpen my focus.

I also keep herbal tea bags at my desk for a mid-afternoon boost - something with ginger and lemon is my go-to. Not too long ago, I even started keeping some fresh mint leaves in the office. They're so pungent that just smelling them whenever I'm feeling sleepy works like magic!

And I completely agree about not doing anything that might disrupt sleep. That evening wind-down routine is sacred!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu