• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Navigating parenthood solo

Haven't looked into Facebook groups too deeply, seems like most of them are focused on babies and toddlers, not so much for older kids.
There seems to be a gap for parents with school-aged children to get advice and share their experiences. It's great that we've found each other here! Does anyone have any recommendations for parent communities targeting parents with older kids? Mine is in primary school, and there's so much that's new and unknown as he grows older.

There seems to be a gap for parents with school-aged children to get advice and share their experiences. It's great that we've found each other here! Does anyone have any recommendations for parent communities targeting parents with older kids? Mine is in primary school, and there's so much that's new and unknown as he grows older.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that! Most online groups seem to cater to moms of young children, which is adorable but doesn't help me as my kid's growing up! I'd love to know about any existing communities for parents like us. It'd be nice to have more tailored advice and insights as our kiddos grow older!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that! Most online groups seem to cater to moms of young children, which is adorable but doesn't help me as my kid's growing up! I'd love to know about any existing communities for parents like us. It'd be nice to have more tailored advice and insights as our kiddos grow older!
It's great to have some recommendations, and I'm sure many parents will benefit from them! Keep the suggestions coming.

It's great to have some recommendations, and I'm sure many parents will benefit from them! Keep the suggestions coming.
this forum has been a great find and a breath of fresh air.

this forum has been a great find and a breath of fresh air.
I know right? It's nice to have such a supportive group that understands the joys and challenges of parenthood, especially with older kids who are past the baby phase.

• Love
Reactions: queenie
I know right? It's nice to have such a supportive group that understands the joys and challenges of parenthood, especially with older kids who are past the baby phase.
It is lovely! It's like having a bunch of experienced parents as friends whom I can tap for advice!

• Love
Reactions: bookworm
It is lovely! It's like having a bunch of experienced parents as friends whom I can tap for advice!
it's great to have this community to rely on for insights and experiences; parenting is easier when we know we're not alone. Have a fantastic weekend, everyone!

it's great to have this community to rely on for insights and experiences; parenting is easier when we know we're not alone. Have a fantastic weekend, everyone!
You too, queenie! Enjoy your weekend ahead and hope you catch some rest from all the parenting duties!

You too, queenie! Enjoy your weekend ahead and hope you catch some rest from all the parenting duties!
Parenting is a joy ride and I'm glad I have this community to exchange tips and lessons learned! Wishing everyone a fabulous weekend! Make it a great one!

Parenting is a joy ride and I'm glad I have this community to exchange tips and lessons learned! Wishing everyone a fabulous weekend! Make it a great one!
It's a lovely space we have here, full of warmth and support! Enjoy your time with your little ones and have a fun-filled weekend! Stay safe!

It's a lovely space we have here, full of warmth and support! Enjoy your time with your little ones and have a fun-filled weekend! Stay safe!
the support from this group is heartwarming. Have a wonderful weekend too! May it be relaxing and enjoyable!

the support from this group is heartwarming. Have a wonderful weekend too! May it be relaxing and enjoyable!
The kindness shared in this thread is heartfelt. Have a superb weekend everyone!

The kindness shared in this thread is heartfelt. Have a superb weekend everyone!
it's uplifting to see how everybody supports one another here. Hope you have a satisfying Saturday and Sunday ahead, filled with joyful moments with your little ones!

it's uplifting to see how everybody supports one another here. Hope you have a satisfying Saturday and Sunday ahead, filled with joyful moments with your little ones!
it warms my heart too see such a supportive group. Have a splendid weekend!

• Haha
Reactions: luciana
it warms my heart too see such a supportive group. Have a splendid weekend!
This thread is really putting me in a wonderful mood for the weekend. Hope everyone has a great one!

This thread is really putting me in a wonderful mood for the weekend. Hope everyone has a great one!
The support shown here is really sweet. Have an amazing weekend! Make sure to enjoy the little things and create some new, happy memories with your little ones.

The support shown here is really sweet. Have an amazing weekend! Make sure to enjoy the little things and create some new, happy memories with your little ones.
You too, have a fantastic weekend!

The encouragement shared in this thread is truly lovely. Enjoy the weekend everyone!
So many great things to do this weekend and so little time! Hope you all enjoy every moment with your little rascals!

So many great things to do this weekend and so little time! Hope you all enjoy every moment with your little rascals!
That's true! The number of fun activities one can do over the weekend never seems to be enough. Have a fantastic time everyone and enjoy every second! (I know I will!)

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu