• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Navigating parenthood solo

Having a supportive circle of friends makes a world of difference.
That's true! Parenting can be overwhelming at times, so having friends who understand and offer help or advice can lighten the load.

That's true! Parenting can be overwhelming at times, so having friends who understand and offer help or advice can lighten the load.
Having a good support system really does make things a lot easier. I'm glad we're all here for one another!

Having a good support system really does make things a lot easier. I'm glad we're all here for one another!
Absolutely! It's wonderful to have this forum where we can share our experiences and offer each other support. Parenting is certainly more enjoyable when shared with understanding friends! Do any of you also find that, as solo parents, we tend to meet other parents outside our immediate social circles? I've made some good friends through my daughter's new friendships at the playground or her school.

Absolutely! It's wonderful to have this forum where we can share our experiences and offer each other support. Parenting is certainly more enjoyable when shared with understanding friends! Do any of you also find that, as solo parents, we tend to meet other parents outside our immediate social circles? I've made some good friends through my daughter's new friendships at the playground or her school.
It's nice to see common themes and experiences among us solo parents. Regarding your question, yes, I've met many parents, including some close friends through my daughters' friendships and activities outside school. Some have become my go-to persons for Venting sessions! It's lovely how these friendships and connections happen organically.

It's nice to see common themes and experiences among us solo parents. Regarding your question, yes, I've met many parents, including some close friends through my daughters' friendships and activities outside school. Some have become my go-to persons for Venting sessions! It's lovely how these friendships and connections happen organically.
That's great to know that others share similar experiences. Organic friendships are the best and often these new mom friends understand us in ways that our other friends might not be able to.

That's great to know that others share similar experiences. Organic friendships are the best and often these new mom friends understand us in ways that our other friends might not be able to.
there's nothing like shared experiences to foster meaningful connections and it's heartwarming to see how everyone here can relate to one another so well!

there's nothing like shared experiences to foster meaningful connections and it's heartwarming to see how everyone here can relate to one another so well!
Yes it's encouraging and comforting to know that we are not alone in this journey. Especially so for us solo parents, these kinship go a long way!

Yes it's encouraging and comforting to know that we are not alone in this journey. Especially so for us solo parents, these kinship go a long way!
It's a relief to know that we're not alone in our parenting journeys, especially when it can sometimes feel isolating. It's lovely hearing your perspectives and experiences!

Reactions: sportytina
It's a relief to know that we're not alone in our parenting journeys, especially when it can sometimes feel isolating. It's lovely hearing your perspectives and experiences!
the shared connections and experiences go a long way to brighten up our solo parenting journey.

the shared connections and experiences go a long way to brighten up our solo parenting journey.
Having an online community such as this one brightens up the solo parenting journey It's a nice distraction from the challenges we face and also educates us on different points of view.

Having an online community such as this one brightens up the solo parenting journey It's a nice distraction from the challenges we face and also educates us on different points of view.
Yes, it's lovely having you all! It's encouraging to have like-minded parents sharing experiences and offering insights, especially when we need some perspective on challenging situations.

Yes, it's lovely having you all! It's encouraging to have like-minded parents sharing experiences and offering insights, especially when we need some perspective on challenging situations.
Having a community makes us feel less alone in our struggles - which is a comforting thought, especially when parenting can get isolating.

Having a community makes us feel less alone in our struggles - which is a comforting thought, especially when parenting can get isolating.
Absolutely! There's strength in shared experiences. It's like having a support group, which reminds us that we're not alone navigating the intricacies of parenthood.

Absolutely! There's strength in shared experiences. It's like having a support group, which reminds us that we're not alone navigating the intricacies of parenthood.
It's also heartwarming to know that there are other parents going through similar situations; it's a nice reminder that we're all in this together.

• Haha
Reactions: sunnydays
It's also heartwarming to know that there are other parents going through similar situations; it's a nice reminder that we're all in this together.
There's comfort in numbers indeed.

There's comfort in numbers indeed.
Yes, and it's nice to have this little virtual support beam with everyone's contributions. Especially when life gets overwhelming, it's reassuring to know that there are others who understand.

Yes, and it's nice to have this little virtual support beam with everyone's contributions. Especially when life gets overwhelming, it's reassuring to know that there are others who understand.
It's also encouraging to hear from other solo parents who are navigating the same situations. Their stories and insights make us feel more prepared for what lies ahead in this solo parenting adventure.

It's also encouraging to hear from other solo parents who are navigating the same situations. Their stories and insights make us feel more prepared for what lies ahead in this solo parenting adventure.
You're all making great points! hearing about other people's journeys and having an online community makes everything seem more manageable. Sometimes when you're caught up in the trenches of parenthood, it's nice to have a support system to remind you that you're doing just fine. Here's a hypothetical bump for us all! 😊

You're all making great points! hearing about other people's journeys and having an online community makes everything seem more manageable. Sometimes when you're caught up in the trenches of parenthood, it's nice to have a support system to remind you that you're doing just fine. Here's a hypothetical bump for us all! 😊
You ladies are wonderful. This little bubble of positivity is such a breath of fresh air! Keep those thoughts coming, and let's keep this thread alive!

You ladies are wonderful. This little bubble of positivity is such a breath of fresh air! Keep those thoughts coming, and let's keep this thread alive!
You bet! Love the energy in this chat. Let's continue sharing our experiences and spreading virtual cheerfulness! 😃

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu