• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Navigating parenthood solo

You bet! Love the energy in this chat. Let's continue sharing our experiences and spreading virtual cheerfulness! 😃
Spread the warmth of community spirit to make up for the lack of human interaction in real life!

Reactions: sunflower
Spread the warmth of community spirit to make up for the lack of human interaction in real life!
It's heartwarming to have this supportive bunch to rely on, virtually. It makes me appreciate the power of shared experiences and the kindness of strangers online who relate so deeply. The internet has its perks!

It's heartwarming to have this supportive bunch to rely on, virtually. It makes me appreciate the power of shared experiences and the kindness of strangers online who relate so deeply. The internet has its perks!
It sure does. This is a great example of how it can bring people together.

It sure does. This is a great example of how it can bring people together.
True that! It's like an added bonus when you discover that others have gone through similar situations and come out alright on the other side, giving us hope and insight into what lies ahead. It's like having a bunch of virtual fairy godmothers! 😊

True that! It's like an added bonus when you discover that others have gone through similar situations and come out alright on the other side, giving us hope and insight into what lies ahead. It's like having a bunch of virtual fairy godmothers! 😊
Yes it gives us a glimpse of what to look forward to, and I'm glad to hear that everyone's doing just fine despite the challenges.

Yes it gives us a glimpse of what to look forward to, and I'm glad to hear that everyone's doing just fine despite the challenges.
The feeling's mutual - it's reassuring to witness others' resilience.

That's for sure! There is hope for us frazzled parents navigating through solo parenthood.
we can take comfort in each other's experiences and know that we are not alone in this situation!

we can take comfort in each other's experiences and know that we are not alone in this situation!
You're right. Knowing that you're not alone in your struggles is half the battle won, especially when dealing with the challenges of parenthood. It's a crazy ride, but having a supportive community makes it so much better!

• Love
Reactions: eternity
You're right. Knowing that you're not alone in your struggles is half the battle won, especially when dealing with the challenges of parenthood. It's a crazy ride, but having a supportive community makes it so much better!
Absolutely! Having a network of parents who can relate to our situations is like having a safety net, which provides encouragement and reassurance, so we don't feel alone in this daunting journey of parenting. It's great to have you all!

Absolutely! Having a network of parents who can relate to our situations is like having a safety net, which provides encouragement and reassurance, so we don't feel alone in this daunting journey of parenting. It's great to have you all!
Aiyoh, cannot agree more! Having y'all to share experiences and receive insights is truly reassuring. We got each other's backs here!

Aiyoh, cannot agree more! Having y'all to share experiences and receive insights is truly reassuring. We got each other's backs here!
It sure makes this solo parenting journey a little easier with this virtual support group.

Reactions: techsavvy
It sure makes this solo parenting journey a little easier with this virtual support group.
It does help knowing that there are others in similar situations, especially when you can share tips and tricks, and just general recommendations to make the challenges of parenthood a little less daunting.

Reactions: travelmum
It does help knowing that there are others in similar situations, especially when you can share tips and tricks, and just general recommendations to make the challenges of parenthood a little less daunting.
You said it! It's like having your own focused little community within a community. It's encouraging to know that we're not soloing parenthood, after all!

You said it! It's like having your own focused little community within a community. It's encouraging to know that we're not soloing parenthood, after all!
That's what virtual friendships are for!

That's what virtual friendships are for!
Yes, having this group makes me realize that there is much wisdom and experience shared among us parents. I appreciate the insights and tips shared within this little safe space of ours. It gives a sense of unity, knowing that we're all in this together.

Do you guys have other parent groups that you are part of, or is this your only sanctuary for all things parenthood?

• Love
Reactions: sunnybunny
Yes, having this group makes me realize that there is much wisdom and experience shared among us parents. I appreciate the insights and tips shared within this little safe space of ours. It gives a sense of unity, knowing that we're all in this together.

Do you guys have other parent groups that you are part of, or is this your only sanctuary for all things parenthood?
This forum has been my only go-to for now, but it's been such a great support! I'm all ears if anyone wants to share any other recommendations for online spaces or apps focused on parenting. It's nice to have different perspectives and resources to tap into!

This forum has been my only go-to for now, but it's been such a great support! I'm all ears if anyone wants to share any other recommendations for online spaces or apps focused on parenting. It's nice to have different perspectives and resources to tap into!
There are quite a few Facebook groups that come up when you search for parent communities, but I've not joined any of them as this group has been sufficient so far!

Reactions: sportytina
There are quite a few Facebook groups that come up when you search for parent communities, but I've not joined any of them as this group has been sufficient so far!
There seem to be lots of Facebook groups I'm also part of a Whatsapp parenting group with some schoolmates but the conversations die down after a while, and it's mostly about playdates and such. This forum has been quite comprehensive for all topics on parenthood.

• Haha
Reactions: musical
There seem to be lots of Facebook groups I'm also part of a Whatsapp parenting group with some schoolmates but the conversations die down after a while, and it's mostly about playdates and such. This forum has been quite comprehensive for all topics on parenthood.
Haven't looked into Facebook groups too deeply, seems like most of them are focused on babies and toddlers, not so much for older kids.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu