• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Mums' Wellbeing Strategies

Yes, it's amazing how a little bit of self-care goes a long way!
Simple pleasures can have a profound impact on our overall mood and well-being. It's a good reminder that we don't have to resort to grand gestures or elaborate plans to feel better - sometimes, simple is best!

Are you enjoying this discussion so far? Do share your own insights and experiences as well!

• Love
Reactions: eternity
Hmph. I'd much prefer a full body massage or a week of quiet time, if they were options. But since we're talking about cheap pick-me-ups, yes, I guess some novels to get lost in would be nice too.
I feel ya. Massage sounds dreamy! But reasonable and achievable wishes are novels it is, then! (and if someone offers you a massage, take it!)

Simple pleasures can have a profound impact on our overall mood and well-being. It's a good reminder that we don't have to resort to grand gestures or elaborate plans to feel better - sometimes, simple is best!

Are you enjoying this discussion so far? Do share your own insights and experiences as well!
I'm glad someone mentioned this; it's these little acts of self-care that help us stay sane and grounded. As mums, we often don't realize that some of our simplest pleasures can give us the most boost. For me, it's having a leisurely cup of tea while catching up on my favourite blogs! Also, I get that warm fuzzy feeling whenever I score great deals on travel tickets!

Escapism at its best! Books bring you to another world, which is relaxing, especially when it's fantasy or fiction.
I've found that reading can transport me to imaginary lands, allowing me to momentarily escape the demands of motherhood, if only for a little while. It's an experience I cherish deeply. Do share your recommended titles!

It can get hectic juggling various aspects of life - connecting with oneself is often overlooked amidst the chaos of daily duties. It's almost like we need reminders to indulge in some much-needed 'me time.'
it's like a mini-escape from reality - a quick recharge to reboot our engines!

I'm finding this discussion insightful, especially the focus on simple yet effective strategies. It's encouraging to hear how these little acts of self-care can boost our moods. Do continue sharing!

• Love
Reactions: eternity and wisdom
I feel ya. Massage sounds dreamy! But reasonable and achievable wishes are novels it is, then! (and if someone offers you a massage, take it!)
The discussion's going well - interesting to see the different ways mums keep themselves going!

• Love
Reactions: wellness
I'm glad someone mentioned this; it's these little acts of self-care that help us stay sane and grounded. As mums, we often don't realize that some of our simplest pleasures can give us the most boost. For me, it's having a leisurely cup of tea while catching up on my favourite blogs! Also, I get that warm fuzzy feeling whenever I score great deals on travel tickets!
Ooh, good finds on travel deals are uplifting! That excitement of discovering new places while saving money is a great pick-me-up. Having some time to indulge in personal interests like blogging is also a wonderful form of self-care.

Ooh, good finds on travel deals are uplifting! That excitement of discovering new places while saving money is a great pick-me-up. Having some time to indulge in personal interests like blogging is also a wonderful form of self-care.
It's the little things that make motherhood more enjoyable and manageable.

• Haha
Reactions: joyful
It's the little things that make motherhood more manageable and bring us joy! The buzz from planning an exciting trip is an uplifting feeling.

• Love
Reactions: lioness and koala
I'm finding this discussion insightful, especially the focus on simple yet effective strategies. It's encouraging to hear how these little acts of self-care can boost our moods. Do continue sharing!
This conversation has been insightful with many relatable anecdotes shared. As we're on the topic of wellbeing strategies and focusing on the simplistic joys in life, could everyone name three material possessions or experiences that bring you joy? Mine would be my favourite sandals for comfort, cozy sweaters to snug up in and the satisfaction of finding hidden gems while shopping for second-hand books!

Yup, it's the small things in life that bring the biggest smiles - they say a lot about the quality of our characters too, don't they? You never know, some might be life-changing suggestions! In any case, I'm enjoying this thread very much so far; it's nice to have some me-time and to relate to other mums' simple joys.

This conversation has been insightful with many relatable anecdotes shared. As we're on the topic of wellbeing strategies and focusing on the simplistic joys in life, could everyone name three material possessions or experiences that bring you joy? Mine would be my favourite sandals for comfort, cozy sweaters to snug up in and the satisfaction of finding hidden gems while shopping for second-hand books!
I'd have to say those warm and fuzzy moments shared with extended family and friends top the list. Quality time with loved ones is a real booster, especially when we're caught up in the daily grind. Also, hearing my little one giggle is a simple yet profound joy. As for material things, I get excited about a good new skincare find that actually works! It's a simple luxury that brings me joy and also makes me feel rejuvenated. Foodies will understand - seafood pasta can instantly uplift my mood too!

As a mother, I've come to appreciate the impact of simplicity even more than before. Amidst the chaotic beauty of parenting, we often overlook the subtle joys lurking in everyday life.

I find immense pleasure in indulging into some light-hearted baking or art sessions with my children, leaving the artwork to dry while I steal a few peaceful moments on the backyard swing. These stolen moments offer a temporary respite from reality.

What other simple yet impactful strategies do you ladies swear by for rejuvenation?

Reactions: wellness

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu