• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Mums' Wellbeing Strategies

It is therapeutic and relaxing There's just something satisfying about getting your hands dirty in the soil and watching seedlings grow under your care. It's like giving birth to a tiny plant baby! (Only much quicker and less scary, of course!)

Do you have a lush green thumbed sanctuary? Any recommendations for low-maintenance plants that can survive the tropical climate here?
I do enjoy a spot of gardening when time permits, but I'm no expert. It's more by luck than judgment that any plants in my care survive. For an easy-care plant, the spider plant seems to thrive despite neglect. I've also managed to keep a money plant alive for several years - it grows well indoors and has interesting leaves. But do share your green-fingered secrets if you have any!

• Love
Reactions: sunflower
I'm certainly no gardening expert, but I've found that peace lilies, monsteras, and snake plants seem to thrive in my neglect (when I forget to water them!). They're relatively low-maintenance and bring a lovely tropical vibe to the space. Also, I've had good luck with calatheas - their striking patterns and colors add a pretty touch of sophistication to any room.
I'm growing more fond of plants too! It's such an easy and calming hobby. You've certainly given me some ideas on which plants to pick should I decide to embark on this relaxing journey.

I've always been more of a non-fiction reader, but since becoming a mother, my reading time has significantly diminished. That's why I'm making it a point to get back into the habit, regardless of the genre - although crime and mystery have become my go-to genres recently! Thanks for your book recommendations earlier; I've jotted them down and will give them a go!
It's understandable how our reading preferences can change over time, especially with the demands of motherhood. Crime and mystery novels can be intriguing escapades into another world, perfect for relaxing or winding down. Enjoy delving into those thrilling plots!

I'm delighted to discover these insightful strategies shared within this thread - there are many quick, easy, and inexpensive ways to lift our spirits and feel rejuvenated!
It's refreshing to have an online space where we can share such simple yet impactful picks-me-ups.

• Love
Reactions: bookworm
I'm delighted to discover these insightful strategies shared within this thread - there are many quick, easy, and inexpensive ways to lift our spirits and feel rejuvenated!
It's encouraging to know that even simple activities can make a difference.

• Love
Reactions: cissy and queenie
Adding a personal twist of intergenerational influences to art projects can make them more meaningful, especially when created together as bonding time. Little ones often enjoy the extra attention, making for cherished memories.
It's heartening to see parents taking the effort to nurture their little ones' interest in art from an early age!

It's understandable how our reading preferences can change over time, especially with the demands of motherhood. Crime and mystery novels can be intriguing escapades into another world, perfect for relaxing or winding down. Enjoy delving into those thrilling plots!
There are so many genres to explore, and it's nice to have some variety too.

Reactions: cissy and travelmum
It's rewarding to venture beyond our comfort zones and embark on new hobbies - a great reminder that personal growth should be continuous, thanks for sharing these strategies!
It's true - it's so important to set aside some 'me time' as parents, which can easily get forgotten amidst the hustle and bustle of everyday life! It's uplifting to explore these diverse strategies shared here for our mental rejuvenation.

It's exhilarating to embark on a brand new adventure and step into unfamiliar territories, especially when it's good for our brains!
You're right about the excitement of learning something new - there's a certain high that comes with it! I've recently been thinking about taking up photography, mostly to have a memorable documentation of my son's early years. It's a whole new world, and the learning curve is exhilarating!

It's incredible how much wisdom we can garner from one another's experiences. It's a wonderful support group!

Adding a personal twist of intergenerational influences to art projects can make them more meaningful, especially when created together as bonding time. Little ones often enjoy the extra attention, making for cherished memories.
It's these little things that bring so much joy - those unforgettable moments we get to treasure as parents, which often don't require lavish outings or expenses.

It's refreshing to have an online space where we can share such simple yet impactful picks-me-ups.
This online community sure has plenty of nifty tips for mental rejuvenation! It's encouraging to hear about these little hacks that make a big difference in lifting our spirits.

Reactions: lioness
Simple pleasures bring us the most comfort. It's the little things that make a big difference in keeping us sane!

Reactions: wellness
The little moments of happiness and stressors alike are what make being a mum so rewarding and fulfilling in the end. Cherish these moments, they grow up fast! ;-)
Awww, so true. They really do grow up so fast. Before we know it, they're leaving home and starting their lives! Cherishing every moment, for sure.

Reactions: nature
There's so much going on with keeping up with the kids, work, and other commitments that sometimes we forget how essential it is to connect with ourselves.
You're right; we ought to remind each other of these wellness strategies!

• Haha
Reactions: sportytina
It's great to have found this online space to connect with others and share our stories and strategies!
I've always believed that being a mum is one of the most difficult roles in life. You deserve a medal for multi-tasking on very little sleep and still keeping your sanity! 😁

The plants and the dirt are therapeutic and meditative - the feeling of being one with nature and getting my hands dirty is soothing. Also, looking forward to your book suggestions because mysteries and crimes sure do help keep the brain cells active! I'm interested in any recommendations that users like you share - preferably non-gory ones haha!
I've always been a huge fan of cozy mysteries with a bit of humor and warmth, so books like those in the Meg Langslow series by Donna Andrews are right up my alley. A real comfort read! Also, it's nice to hear that you find gardening soothing; there's certainly something satisfying about growing your own little jungle.

Reactions: cissy
The little moments of happiness and stressors alike are what make being a mum so rewarding and fulfilling in the end. Cherish these moments, they grow up fast! ;-)
The satisfaction of engaging in activities with our children while de-stressing is precious.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu