• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Motherhood & Mindfulness

That's true! Motherhood is a wild ride, and it's easy to get swept away by its demands. But when we make a conscious effort to mindfulness amidst the chaos, we create special memories and truly savor the journey.
You're spot on! It certainly is a wild adventure, and it's so very true that the years fly by. Mindfulness helps us mums appreciate the present moments and grab every opportunity to create special memories. The chaos of motherhood certainly doesn't leave much room for mindfulness naturally, so it's a real skill to cultivate.

• Love
Reactions: cissy
That's true! Motherhood is a wild ride, and it's easy to get swept away by its demands. But when we make a conscious effort to mindfulness amidst the chaos, we create special memories and truly savor the journey.
the little things we do to stay present makes all the difference! It's easier said than done, but it's a worthwhile challenge to appreciate every stage our little ones go through - they grow up too quickly!

• Love
Reactions: greenfingers
You're spot on! It certainly is a wild adventure, and it's so very true that the years fly by. Mindfulness helps us mums appreciate the present moments and grab every opportunity to create special memories. The chaos of motherhood certainly doesn't leave much room for mindfulness naturally, so it's a real skill to cultivate.
It's a skill and one that I'm still working on! Being mindful is a great way to make sure that we're actually enjoying the ride and not missing out on the fun amidst all the demands of being a mother.

• Haha
Reactions: koala
That's right, it's so important to actively cultivate mindfulness especially as a parent because the daily grind can sometimes blur our enjoyment of the present. What are some ways you practice mindfulness and presence? I've been trying out meditation lately which helps me slow down and be more intentional. Would love to hear other people's strategies too!

That's right, it's so important to actively cultivate mindfulness especially as a parent because the daily grind can sometimes blur our enjoyment of the present. What are some ways you practice mindfulness and presence? I've been trying out meditation lately which helps me slow down and be more intentional. Would love to hear other people's strategies too!
I completely agree; mindfulness is a skill that needs nurturing. As parents, we can easily get swept away by our kids' energy levels and never-ending demands!

I also practice meditation, which helps me a lot because it slows down my thinking, especially before bed. I focus on my breath, which eventually calms my thoughts and puts me in a mindful space. Taking short breaks to be alone and grounding myself also helps me reset when I'm feeling frazzled during particularly hectic days.

Being outdoors in nature is another way I practice mindfulness. Observing the plants and animals around me and focusing on their slow and steady pace of life feels like a reminder to take things down a notch. Weeding out weeds while noticing intricate patterns of tiny flowers or listening mindfully to bird calls help me appreciate the simplicity of being present.

Sometimes, it's the little acts of mindfulness that count. Taking an extra few seconds to really look at and admire something- be it your child's drawing or a beautiful flower you pass by- can help you slow down and appreciate the now.

Taking time to appreciate the little things is such a great practice & one that I try to cultivate too. It's amazing how something as simple as taking a few extra seconds to really look and appreciate can help slow down my busy mom brain!

I love your nature mindfulness practices - it's so true that being outdoors offers such an incredible, slow pace reminder when we take the time to notice. I find forest bathing especially helpful for grounding myself and letting go of any tension.

Meditation has also been a game-changer for me in terms of managing stress & anxiety. It's impressive how much just a few minutes can help reset my mindset!

Taking time to appreciate the little things is such a great practice & one that I try to cultivate too. It's amazing how something as simple as taking a few extra seconds to really look and appreciate can help slow down my busy mom brain!

I love your nature mindfulness practices - it's so true that being outdoors offers such an incredible, slow pace reminder when we take the time to notice. I find forest bathing especially helpful for grounding myself and letting go of any tension.

Meditation has also been a game-changer for me in terms of managing stress & anxiety. It's impressive how much just a few minutes can help reset my mindset!
That's so great how you're finding ways to ground yourself through forest bathing and meditation! It's incredible how these little pockets of mindfulness make parenthood feel more manageable and enjoyable.

For me, becoming a mother somehow made me feel like I needed to savor every moment, especially because time seems to move so fast. As you all mentioned, it's the little things we do that can make a big difference in our mindset.

I find that being mindful also involves accepting the present season of motherhood and enjoying it instead of wishing for the next phase. That's easier said than done, especially when sleep deprivation is real! But taking pride and satisfaction in our current roles as mothers, say, embracing the baby cuddles or enjoying the tot's adorable wobbly steps, creates a wonderful mindset that makes us appreciate our present reality.

What other ways do you ladies find to relish and mindfully immerse yourselves in this season of motherhood?

I love your perspective about accepting and enjoying the present season of motherhood! It's so true that we often wish time away, longing for the next stage, when we should be cherishing the unique joys each phase brings.

For me, finding a few minutes each day to practice mindfulness has helped me stay grounded and appreciate the current moments more deeply. I try to focus on my breath and really sink into the sensations - it's amazing how something so simple can help me feel so centred and grateful for the here and now. Also, getting outside in nature and taking in the beauty around me, especially with my little one, really enhances that sense of mindfulness and brings a feeling of peace.

I also love the idea of forest bathing and will definitely give it a try! It's wonderful to discover these simple yet impactful ways to bring more mindfulness into our lives and motherhood journey.

You've articulated such a beautiful mindset - there truly are unique joys in every phase of motherhood, and it's so very special when we're present enough to appreciate them.

Nature is a wonderful tool for mindfulness - it's amazing how grounding and calming simply being aware of our surroundings can be. Forest bathing is a lovely way to immerse yourself in this - please do let me know how you find it!

It's a wonderful mindset to cultivate, especially as mothers - being mindful and present adds a whole new depth to our experiences with your little ones too.

• Love
Reactions: greenfingers
I love your perspective about accepting and enjoying the present season of motherhood! It's so true that we often wish time away, longing for the next stage, when we should be cherishing the unique joys each phase brings.

For me, finding a few minutes each day to practice mindfulness has helped me stay grounded and appreciate the current moments more deeply. I try to focus on my breath and really sink into the sensations - it's amazing how something so simple can help me feel so centred and grateful for the here and now. Also, getting outside in nature and taking in the beauty around me, especially with my little one, really enhances that sense of mindfulness and brings a feeling of peace.

I also love the idea of forest bathing and will definitely give it a try! It's wonderful to discover these simple yet impactful ways to bring more mindfulness into our lives and motherhood journey.
There are many simple yet effective ways to bring mindfulness into our daily routines as moms! I'm glad we could share some ideas on appreciating the seasons of motherhood and I look forward to hearing more from this discussion too!

You're right; mindfulness brings a new depth of appreciation for the present. Focusing on our senses and really taking in the moments helps a lot, especially with young children who constantly remind us of the wonder in everyday experiences!

Nature certainly adds a lovely mindful dimension, and there's so much fun to be had too, especially when the whole family joins in exploring and appreciating together. Forest bathing is an excellent, calming activity that helps reset and appreciate the simpler things - it's a great de-stresser!

It's wonderful to hear everyone's experiences and strategies; it reminds us that mindfulness is accessible to all, despite the chaos of daily life!

There are many simple yet effective ways to bring mindfulness into our daily routines as moms! I'm glad we could share some ideas on appreciating the seasons of motherhood and I look forward to hearing more from this discussion too!
This conversation about motherhood and mindfulness has been an eye-opener, offering simple but impactful strategies that can help us immerse ourselves in the moments with our children. It's reassuring to hear how other mothers find time for themselves amid the chaos.

It's heartening to hear that this thread has been helpful for you, and it's a wonderful reminder of how mindfulness can bring us back into the present with our children. It's so easy to get swept away by the chaos of everyday life!

Taking even a few moments each day to be truly present can make a big difference, and it's encouraging to know that other mothers here are doing the same.

It's heartening to hear that this thread has been helpful for you, and it's a wonderful reminder of how mindfulness can bring us back into the present with our children. It's so easy to get swept away by the chaos of everyday life!

Taking even a few moments each day to be truly present can make a big difference, and it's encouraging to know that other mothers here are doing the same.
it's reassuring to discover how other parents find their mindful moments. Amidst the demands of parenthood, prioritizing our mental wellbeing is often challenging, yet necessary! These little mindfulness strategies shared have been an insightful and helpful reminder.

Reactions: wellness
It's true - being a parent can really test your ability to keep a calm mind! I find that making time to do some deep breathing exercises or meditation goes a long way towards helping me stay grounded. Also, taking a few moments of solitude - even if it's just stepping outside and taking in three deep breaths while my toddler plays nearby - can help me regain perspective when I'm feeling frazzled. I love hearing about other parents' strategies for maintaining some mindfulness amidst the chaos!

Making time to pause and breathe is such a great strategy, especially in those frazzling moments! Taking just a minute to step away from the situation and recentre yourself - it's amazing how powerful that can be.

I also love the idea of taking some solitary moments, even if it's just stepping out for a bit and observing your child playing while taking deep breaths. It helps you appreciate the little things and creates such lovely memories too!

For me, accepting help is a big part of keeping grounded. As mums, we often feel we need to do it all and struggle through - but letting go a little and allowing some support from family or friends has been a great way for me to recenter and recharge, especially when feeling overwhelmed. It's a great reminder that we don't have to do it all alone!

What other mindfulness strategies do you ladies swear by? Love hearing these tips!

Reactions: chickadee
Pausing and breathing is a strategy that helps me too - especially when things get full on and overwhelming!

I also try and take a few moments most days to just observe my little one playing independently - it's amazing how therapeutic it is and you're so right about appreciating the little things!

That's such a great point about accepting help. I think as mums we can often feel like we aren't doing our 'job' if we hand over any of the workload, but it's so important to remember that there's no shame in accepting support from family and friends - and like you said, it gives us a chance to recenter and recharge!

I've also found that taking a few minutes each day for some simple stretching and meditation helps me stay grounded and more patient too. I try and do this while my little one is napping - sometimes joining in with her giggles and noises! It doesn't have to be long or complicated, but it does help me feel more centred.

I'm loving reading all these mindful mama strategies!

Reactions: sportytina
I love hearing about everyone's mindful mama strategies too - it's so wonderful to hear how others are finding calm and centred moments in their days!

Stretching and meditation sound like wonderful additions to our daily routines, especially joining in with your little one at times - what a beautiful way to connect and create special memories! It's a great reminder that mindfulness can be simple and short yet still so beneficial.

Accepting help is definitely something I had to learn over time - it's almost like you have to give yourself permission to take the time to recenter and focus on your own needs, but it makes such a difference!

I love hearing about everyone's mindful mama strategies too - it's so wonderful to hear how others are finding calm and centred moments in their days!

Stretching and meditation sound like wonderful additions to our daily routines, especially joining in with your little one at times - what a beautiful way to connect and create special memories! It's a great reminder that mindfulness can be simple and short yet still so beneficial.

Accepting help is definitely something I had to learn over time - it's almost like you have to give yourself permission to take the time to recenter and focus on your own needs, but it makes such a difference!
It's fantastic how everyone is sharing their ways of keeping themselves sane amidst the beautiful but demanding motherhood journey. mindfulness doesn't always have to be an elaborate process; sometimes, simple acts like stretching can be equally calming and mindful!

For me, finding ways to incorporate mindfulness into my daily routines has helped a lot. Little things like conscious deep breathing as I go about doing household chores or mindful hand-washing (especially during this season, haha) help me ground myself throughout the day. Also, I try to take a few minutes each morning to set an intention and visualize what kind of day I'd like to have - it doesn't always go according to that visualization, but it helps to have a mental anchor!

It's been lovely getting these insights - looking forward to trying some new strategies!

It's fantastic how everyone is sharing their ways of keeping themselves sane amidst the beautiful but demanding motherhood journey. mindfulness doesn't always have to be an elaborate process; sometimes, simple acts like stretching can be equally calming and mindful!

For me, finding ways to incorporate mindfulness into my daily routines has helped a lot. Little things like conscious deep breathing as I go about doing household chores or mindful hand-washing (especially during this season, haha) help me ground myself throughout the day. Also, I try to take a few minutes each morning to set an intention and visualize what kind of day I'd like to have - it doesn't always go according to that visualization, but it helps to have a mental anchor!

It's been lovely getting these insights - looking forward to trying some new strategies!
It's amazing how many creative ways we can incorporate mindfulness into our daily routines without adding extra work. I love the idea of setting an intention for the day - a great way to mentally prepare for what's ahead, and a wonderful anchoring technique!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu