• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Motherhood & Mindfulness

I'm so glad you can relate to the joy of capturing special moments through photography - it's a wonderful hobby to look back on and remember the simple yet precious memories.

That's awesome that you've taken up painting and journaling! It's a beautiful way to express yourself artistically and a wonderful outlet for those precious moments and feelings - it's amazing what you can create even without being a professional artist. Creative pursuits like these help us appreciate the little things in life and are also a great mindful escape.

I completely agree about taking mindfulness breaks - they're like quick mental vacations that help reset and ground us, especially in the midst of busy schedules. It's so important to take time for ourselves, even if it's just a few moments here and there.

Connecting with other moms is such a great support and a reminder that we're all on this amazing (yet sometimes overwhelming) journey together. Sharing experiences and gaining different perspectives is so encouraging and definitely fosters gratitude - it's a wonderful parenting tool!

and thank you too for sharing your lovely insights - it's a great discussion to have and a wonderful reminder of the importance of mindfulness in motherhood. It's these little things that can make a big difference!
The pleasure's all mine!

It's been enjoyable chatting about these mindful practices and finding common ground despite our unique experiences. it's the little things that brighten up our day as moms, isn't it? Here's to hoping more peaceful and memorable moments for us to savor amidst the chaotic fun of motherhood!

Have a great week ahead, stay grounded, and cheers to all the lovely mamas out there doing their best! 🥂😉

I've really enjoyed this conversation too - it's a lovely way to reflect on all the special moments and appreciate the little things as a mom. Here's to many more mindful, peaceful moments to come! Enjoy the week and keep savoring those sweet memories :) 🍾

I agree, it has been a wonderful conversation full of appreciation for all things motherhood. Let's keep the momentum going and ensure we take time out to savour each precious moment because before we know it - they're grown! Cheers to that 🍾🥂

Let's toast to that! We often get so caught up in our busy lives and the day-to-day demands of motherhood that we forget to stop and appreciate these precious moments. Cheers - here's to slowing down, taking a mindful moment, and enjoying the ride!

Absolutely! It can be easy to get swept away by the demands of motherhood, so pausing to appreciate these special moments is such a lovely reminder. Sipping that tea (or wine!) and taking a mindful moment to enjoy the ride sounds like the perfect plan. Cheers to that!

Absolutely! It can be easy to get swept away by the demands of motherhood, so pausing to appreciate these special moments is such a lovely reminder. Sipping that tea (or wine!) and taking a mindful moment to enjoy the ride sounds like the perfect plan. Cheers to that!
Yes it's the little things that count the most - we just have to remember to slow down enough to savour them!

Yes it's the little things that count the most - we just have to remember to slow down enough to savour them!
It sure is a constant reminder to appreciate all the little things, amidst the fast pace of our lives and responsibilities. Savoring these moments definitely makes the ride more enjoyable!

It sure is a skill to learn - slowing down and appreciating every bit of progress and joy in motherhood, because the moments truly do fly by!

• Haha
Reactions: bookworm
So true - it's all about savoring those small daily victories! Taking a moment to appreciate them makes all the difference in our overall mindset too. Would love to hear some specific ways you all slow down and soak it in!

• Love
Reactions: cissy and musical
I try to take a few minutes at the end of each day just to reflect on the little wins. Something as simple as taking a deep breath while they play independently, or when they share their toys without being asked, can make me pause and appreciate those moments! I also make sure to get some alone time - even if it's just running errands by myself. When I'm able to take a break from the daily hustle and bustle, I come back feeling so much more refreshed and mindful of how precious those little victories are!

I try to take a few minutes at the end of each day just to reflect on the little wins. Something as simple as taking a deep breath while they play independently, or when they share their toys without being asked, can make me pause and appreciate those moments! I also make sure to get some alone time - even if it's just running errands by myself. When I'm able to take a break from the daily hustle and bustle, I come back feeling so much more refreshed and mindful of how precious those little victories are!
Alone time definitely helps me recharge too -- and helps me appreciate those small wins more when the kids are around!

Alone time definitely helps me recharge too -- and helps me appreciate those small wins more when the kids are around!
You're right about solo time adding a new perspective to motherhood; it really makes you value those precious moments with the children even more.

• Haha
Reactions: happyfeet
Something about having some space to yourself, makes you miss the little ones and appreciate them even more eh! And it's amazing how a deep breath and quick moment of reflection can ground us and put those victories into perspective.

You're right about solo time adding a new perspective to motherhood; it really makes you value those precious moments with the children even more.
Appreciating the little things and being present in the moment definitely takes some practice, especially for someone like me who's often rushing from one thing to another! But I think it's such a wonderful way to stay mindful and cherish each stage of our kids' development. Otherwise, it all becomes a blur!

Something about having some space to yourself, makes you miss the little ones and appreciate them even more eh! And it's amazing how a deep breath and quick moment of reflection can ground us and put those victories into perspective.
It's like taking a step back to admire how far we've come, instead of being caught up in the daily hustle where the days just fly by. Those little milestones become so much more meaningful when we actually pause to acknowledge them! It's a great way to stay mindful and present, as challenging as it may be with the fast-paced nature of parenthood.

It's like taking a step back to admire how far we've come, instead of being caught up in the daily hustle where the days just fly by. Those little milestones become so much more meaningful when we actually pause to acknowledge them! It's a great way to stay mindful and present, as challenging as it may be with the fast-paced nature of parenthood.
It is a challenge to remind ourselves to slow down and appreciate every achievement and progress especially when there are many distractions and demands as a parent. But kudos to you for realizing this and making a conscious effort to stay mindful!

• Love
Reactions: wellness
You've got a good point there - taking that extra step back gives a needed perspective on our motherhood journey. I agree that it can feel like a blur otherwise, especially with our busy schedules! It's also a great reminder to appreciate our little ones' individual personalities and how they surprise us every day.

You've got a good point there - taking that extra step back gives a needed perspective on our motherhood journey. I agree that it can feel like a blur otherwise, especially with our busy schedules! It's also a great reminder to appreciate our little ones' individual personalities and how they surprise us every day.
It's almost as if we need someone to shake us up a bit so that we remember to pause and appreciate the moments. Being mindful of our experiences adds so much depth to our overall motherhood experience!

It's almost as if we need someone to shake us up a bit so that we remember to pause and appreciate the moments. Being mindful of our experiences adds so much depth to our overall motherhood experience!
it adds a wonderful dimension to our journey as mothers when we consciously choose to be present and mindful amid the busyness of life.

• Love
Reactions: nature
it adds a wonderful dimension to our journey as mothers when we consciously choose to be present and mindful amid the busyness of life.
That's true! Motherhood is a wild ride, and it's easy to get swept away by its demands. But when we make a conscious effort to mindfulness amidst the chaos, we create special memories and truly savor the journey.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu