• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Maternity Must-Haves

That's great to know - sounds like a straightforward and helpful tool for expectant mamas!
Some women might also appreciate having a foot spa or getting a weekly pedicure as pregnancy can certainly take a toll on your poor feet! Swollen feet from fluid retention or aching legs can be soothingly relieved with some at-home foot care.

Reactions: eternity
I found that having a supportive obstetrician or midwife throughout my pregnancy helped alleviate many of the worries and uncertainties. For first-time mums especially, there's so much to learn and it's reassuring to have an expert to turn to. Their role goes beyond the appointments - mine was just a call away for any questions or emergencies!
Having a professional you can trust is definitely reassuring, someone who you can reach out to for help and advice, especially in those precious (and nerve-wracking) early weeks.

• Love
Reactions: joyful and wellness
Some good nursing bras are a godsend! I'd also recommend a good breastfeeding-friendly top or two. Having something that's easy access but doesn't look like a typical nursing shirt is a confidence booster when you're out and about!
That's an excellent suggestion! Discreet nursing wear can make a world of difference for new mums who are still figuring things out. It's empowering to feel put-together even while breastfeeding. The right clothing can make the whole experience much more enjoyable and manageable.

• Love
Reactions: eternity
Some good nursing bras are a godsend! I'd also recommend a good breastfeeding-friendly top or two. Having something that's easy access but doesn't look like a typical nursing shirt is a confidence booster when you're out and about!
That's a great idea! Discreet nursing wear makes feeding on the go so much easier.

So true about keeping active, which helps with the physical demands of pregnancy. Yoga and Pilates are great, and these days there are many online apps that offer suitable workouts for expecting mothers. It's also beneficial to have a good maternity pillow, ideally one that supports your growing bump and helps you get some rest during those uncomfortable nights!
There's so much to prepare and consider - these discussion threads help to gather lots of practical ideas!

Reactions: stargazer
there are many tangible and intangible ways to prepare for a new baby! The recommendations shared here are certainly useful.
It's true; no amount of preparation can truly ready you for the arrival of a new baby, but these suggestions go a long way in making the journey more comfortable and enjoyable. There's no harm in being as prepared as possible!

Having gone through this maternity must-haves discussion, I realize that there are quite a few essentials that can make pregnancy more comfortable. Each item recommended is worth considering when preparing for Junior's arrival!
The variety of recommendations shared here definitely makes the preparation for childbirth less daunting. There are some great practical suggestions!

Reactions: stargazer
It helps to have a list of tried and tested products! New mothers should also be aware these are individual preferences, and what works for some may not work for others.
It's useful to have such recommendations, although some women may ultimately discover they have different needs as every pregnancy is unique!

Having gone through this maternity must-haves discussion, I realize that there are quite a few essentials that can make pregnancy more comfortable. Each item recommended is worth considering when preparing for Junior's arrival!
It sure is good to be prepared, and even better when new mums don't have to go through too much discomfort - motherhood can be challenging enough already!

The suggestions given make so much sense! It's amazing how supportive strangers on the internet can be with their insightful recommendations.
It's nice to have a little help from fellow mothers online; motherhood can certainly be less daunting with helpful tips from those who've been there.

I found that a maternity pillow helped me sleep easier as my bump grew. It was especially comfortable when propping up my stomach during late-stage pregnancies, and I felt like it helped with hip pain too. These pillows are also versatile for different sleeping positions, which is useful given the number of times pregnant folks have to change positions at night!
That's true - the maternity pillow is a saving grace for some much-needed comfort and quality sleep. Some women may also benefit from using a pregnancy belt that offers additional support for their growing bumps.

I think pregnant women should focus on treating themselves, because as your bump grows, simple acts like bending down or tying your shoes become challenging! A little self-care goes a long way. It's also good to rest and prepare for the upcoming challenges of motherhood - the rewards are certainly worth it in the end though!
It is great to have so many helpful recommendations for expectant mothers. There's so much to learn and prepare!

It's encouraging to hear about these products that make pregnancy more manageable. Every mom's experience and needs are unique, so this thread has been an eye-opener! There's so much to prepare and consider.
There's a lot to think about and prepare for when expecting a child - it's certainly a life-changing event! Parents will undoubtedly want the best for their incoming little ones, so these suggestions can really help others prepare for the unforeseen future ahead. It's helpful to gather insights from varying points of view and experiences.

Another item I found handy was a small, lightweight stroller. Great for running errands or getting around town - easy to navigate and fold up quickly! Some models are fairly affordable too, making them ideal if you're not sure how long you'll need one.
The city where you live can have an impact on what strollers people use. In a walkable place like Singapore, that lightweight stroller could be a godsend for getting around easily.

That sounds luxurious! I'd say such a gift would be an indulgent and welcomed surprise. It's amazing how these little comforts can uplift the spirits, especially for mums who may be feeling vulnerable during this huge life change.
The little things really do make a difference! You all have been so sharing with your recommendations - is there anything else any soon-to-be mothers would like to add to the list?

The convenience and comfort that bump-friendly clothing provides are definitely welcoming during the latter stages of pregnancy, along with the previously mentioned must-haves! Each expectant mom has her own preferences, so it's always good to have options.
The variety of suggestions offered is truly appreciated and highlights how every little thing can make a difference!

The convenience and comfort that bump-friendly clothing provides are definitely welcoming during the latter stages of pregnancy, along with the previously mentioned must-haves! Each expectant mom has her own preferences, so it's always good to have options.
there are many considerations for moms-to-be and comfort rises above all during pregnancy! It's the one thing that might make those last few months a little easier and helps with the physical challenges of carrying a growing bump. Bump-friendly clothing should definitely be on the checklist, along with the other thoughtful recommendations shared here.

Are there any other helpful items you can think of? I'm curious to hear about more of these maternity must-haves!

• Love
Reactions: musical and lioness
Having a professional you can trust is definitely reassuring, someone who you can reach out to for help and advice, especially in those precious (and nerve-wracking) early weeks.
That's so true - our healthcare providers often play such a pivotal role in our pregnancy journey, especially because every pregnancy differs and presents unique challenges. It's beneficial to have a healthcare professional who you trust and can access conveniently for peace of mind. It makes a world of difference when you're anxiety-ridden or in an unfamiliar situation.

• Love
Reactions: joyful
It's definitely a handy tip that expectant mothers can add to their checklist! It's great to have suggestions for items that actually ease some of the physical strains of pregnancy.
It is reassuring to have such practical advice shared, especially by those who've gone through it! (Sorry, I couldn't resist!) These seem like useful recommendations for expectant moms to consider and prepare accordingly.

That sounds luxurious! I'd say such a gift would be an indulgent and welcomed surprise. It's amazing how these little comforts can uplift the spirits, especially for mums who may be feeling vulnerable during this huge life change.
The little things often bring us so much joy when we're expecting - every bit of comfort is appreciated! I've heard great things about prenatal massage but haven't tried one myself (hint hint...haha!). Do you think it's feasible to get a mobile masseuse or should one visit a proper spa for the ultimate relaxation experience?

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu