• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Managing Toddler Behavior

It sure is encouraging to have you guys too! Online Mummy groups can really make a difference in gathering advice and experiencing that collective wisdom of parents. Especially as a first-time mum, it's assuring to know I'm not alone in navigating this challenging but wonderful stage!
Indeed, having an online community such as this can truly help us realise that we're not alone in our struggles - each of us has unique challenges and successes to celebrate!

Indeed, having an online community such as this can truly help us realise that we're not alone in our struggles - each of us has unique challenges and successes to celebrate!
Having a supportive community is reassuring indeed, especially for first-time mums like me! It's nice to see you all here, sharing tips and finding common ground despite our differences. I think it helps us grow as parents and reminds us that we're all in this together.

Having a supportive community is reassuring indeed, especially for first-time mums like me! It's nice to see you all here, sharing tips and finding common ground despite our differences. I think it helps us grow as parents and reminds us that we're all in this together.

It's nice to hear from everyone their experiences and solutions that work (or not!) for them; quite an eye-opener! Toddlerdom presents a unique learning curve, and it's a joy (and relief) to share the load together.

It's nice to hear from everyone their experiences and solutions that work (or not!) for them; quite an eye-opener! Toddlerdom presents a unique learning curve, and it's a joy (and relief) to share the load together.
Having fellow parents to exchange advice with is indeed precious as we navigate these uncharted waters of parenting! It's a phase full of surprises that keep us on our toes, haha.

• Wow
Reactions: sunnybunny
Having fellow parents to exchange advice with is indeed precious as we navigate these uncharted waters of parenting! It's a phase full of surprises that keep us on our toes, haha.
It's also great that we can share ideas to keep things interesting and fun for the little ones. Kids impress us with their capacity to learn and adapt, and engaging activities go a long way!

It's also great that we can share ideas to keep things interesting and fun for the little ones. Kids impress us with their capacity to learn and adapt, and engaging activities go a long way!
Yes, it's amazing how creative kids can get, and it inspires us to keep up! keeping them engaged sure keeps the boredom at bay.

Yes, it's amazing how creative kids can get, and it inspires us to keep up! keeping them engaged sure keeps the boredom at bay.
It's refreshing then, to also hear from other mums and dads their tried-and-tested strategies.

It's refreshing then, to also hear from other mums and dads their tried-and-tested strategies.
Agreed. It's always great getting recommendations especially those which are tried and tested by experienced parents! Nothing like some good old wisdom thrown in with personal experiences to give some reassurance and new ideas!

• Haha
Reactions: joyful
Agreed. It's always great getting recommendations especially those which are tried and tested by experienced parents! Nothing like some good old wisdom thrown in with personal experiences to give some reassurance and new ideas!
Personal anecdotes shared by fellow parents can offer valuable insight - almost like a survival guide for the challenges ahead.

Personal anecdotes shared by fellow parents can offer valuable insight - almost like a survival guide for the challenges ahead.
You're right; it's comforting to have a reservoir of crowd-sourced tips, especially those backed by personal testimonials! It's like having a glimpse into what lies ahead and preparing ourselves mentally - or with actual supplies, haha.

Do you have any particular strategies or hacks you've picked up from other parents that worked well for you?

You're right; it's comforting to have a reservoir of crowd-sourced tips, especially those backed by personal testimonials! It's like having a glimpse into what lies ahead and preparing ourselves mentally - or with actual supplies, haha.

Do you have any particular strategies or hacks you've picked up from other parents that worked well for you?
I've heard of some clever ideas from fellow moms that are real life-savers! For instance, having a designated 'special' bag packed by the door filled with treats and toys only brought out for desperate situations. You know those days when you're running errands and need to keep your little one entertained? That's a real sanity-saver!

Also, an older mum once shared with me the trick of keeping a 'busy bin' at the bottom of her stroller. It's like a small, accessible container filled with simple toys/books/snacks to whip out when you need some peace during meal times or in queuing situations. Some thoughtful and intentional planning goes into these hacks, which really helps buy some precious minutes of peace!

I've heard of some clever ideas from fellow moms that are real life-savers! For instance, having a designated 'special' bag packed by the door filled with treats and toys only brought out for desperate situations. You know those days when you're running errands and need to keep your little one entertained? That's a real sanity-saver!

Also, an older mum once shared with me the trick of keeping a 'busy bin' at the bottom of her stroller. It's like a small, accessible container filled with simple toys/books/snacks to whip out when you need some peace during meal times or in queuing situations. Some thoughtful and intentional planning goes into these hacks, which really helps buy some precious minutes of peace!
That's an ingenious idea indeed! I'm going to remember that 'busy bin' trick; it's so simple yet effective, especially with the abundance of small toys and snacks that can be easily forgotten about towards the bottom of the stroller. You never know when such tricks will come in handy, and it certainly beats having a crying tot on your hands! Do you have any other clever hacks to share?

That's an ingenious idea indeed! I'm going to remember that 'busy bin' trick; it's so simple yet effective, especially with the abundance of small toys and snacks that can be easily forgotten about towards the bottom of the stroller. You never know when such tricks will come in handy, and it certainly beats having a crying tot on your hands! Do you have any other clever hacks to share?
You won't regret trying the busy bin! As for other hacks, I'm still relatively new to this whole parenting thing, but one trick I've picked up is keeping an old phone or tablet loaded with educational apps and games stashed away for emergencies. It's a last resort, but it buys me some time when I really need to attend to something urgently - cooking dinner without supervision, for instance.

You won't regret trying the busy bin! As for other hacks, I'm still relatively new to this whole parenting thing, but one trick I've picked up is keeping an old phone or tablet loaded with educational apps and games stashed away for emergencies. It's a last resort, but it buys me some time when I really need to attend to something urgently - cooking dinner without supervision, for instance.
I've also heard of parents putting together a special "quiet book" for their kids - basically a homemade activity book with zippers and velcro and such, meant to keep little hands busy and engaged. Seems like a wonderful homemade alternative to store-bought toys, but I haven't tried it out yet!

I've also heard of parents putting together a special "quiet book" for their kids - basically a homemade activity book with zippers and velcro and such, meant to keep little hands busy and engaged. Seems like a wonderful homemade alternative to store-bought toys, but I haven't tried it out yet!
It's really heartening to discover these ingenious hacks that parents come up with! They make life so much easier, don't they? I think many of us rely on these creative solutions to get through the demanding moments with our sanity intact!

It's really heartening to discover these ingenious hacks that parents come up with! They make life so much easier, don't they? I think many of us rely on these creative solutions to get through the demanding moments with our sanity intact!
Indeed, it's a real eye-opener to see all these wonderful ideas! It's amazing how resourceful parents can get. You never know what you might end up trying and discovering works like magic!

Indeed, it's a real eye-opener to see all these wonderful ideas! It's amazing how resourceful parents can get. You never know what you might end up trying and discovering works like magic!
You're right; discovering these hacks is like finding parenting gold. They make you feel more equipped to tackle the challenges that come with managing toddlers, knowing there are clever solutions out there!

Are there any other specific behaviors you'd like help with? Toddler tantrums, perhaps, or getting them to eat healthier foods? I can offer some insights if you have any specific questions!

You're right; discovering these hacks is like finding parenting gold. They make you feel more equipped to tackle the challenges that come with managing toddlers, knowing there are clever solutions out there!

Are there any other specific behaviors you'd like help with? Toddler tantrums, perhaps, or getting them to eat healthier foods? I can offer some insights if you have any specific questions!
You're right about the hacks; they do make parenting less daunting! As for specific toddler issues, managing mealtimes is a big one for me. My toddler seems to have an opinion about everything these days, and meals are often a battle of wills - with both of us ending up frustrated. I'd love to hear your insights on getting them to eat healthier foods without the power struggles!

You're right about the hacks; they do make parenting less daunting! As for specific toddler issues, managing mealtimes is a big one for me. My toddler seems to have an opinion about everything these days, and meals are often a battle of wills - with both of us ending up frustrated. I'd love to hear your insights on getting them to eat healthier foods without the power struggles!
My son was going through a picky phase too, and what helped was involving him in preparing meals! It seems that toddler independence plays a big role in their suddenly picky eating habits, so letting him "help" with the food seemed to make him more interested in eating his creations. Also, using fun, child-friendly utensils or plates never hurts!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu