• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

'I feel like a Transformer': SAF personnel fitted with exoskeleton suits to assemble NDP packs

Ya, it's a wonder they can just slip into these exoskeleton suits like Transformers and go about their work without straining their backs or getting exhausted. Handy indeed!

Have you seen anyone using these suits in action before? It'll be fascinating to see them in real life, almost like a futuristic sight.
I haven't seen anyone wearing an exoskeleton suit in person; it sounds very high-tech and futuristic! But I've seen videos of them in action, especially those used in manufacturing industries. It's incredible how the suits can enhance human strength so drastically.

The exoskeleton suit is a real saver for physically demanding jobs like these. It's amazing how technology can help us reduce physical strain and make work more manageable. Sounds like you could testify to that too, sunnydays!

What other gadgets or tricks do you think would be useful for efficiently packing goodie bags?
A step ladder, perhaps? Or maybe a reaching stick with a suction cup gripper like those used by Orchard road Christmas decorators.

Ya, it's a wonder they can just slip into these exoskeleton suits like Transformers and go about their work without straining their backs or getting exhausted. Handy indeed!

Have you seen anyone using these suits in action before? It'll be fascinating to see them in real life, almost like a futuristic sight.
No, I haven't seen anyone wearing the exoskeleton suit in action personally, but it does sound fascinating! You're right; it does feel like a futuristic sight, straight out of a comic book! They should be quite a cool sight zipping around like that.

That's a tough job for a young person! I'm glad the exoskeleton suit is helping him physically; it must be a good example of technology easing the workload of manual labor.

Do you think this kind of support technology will become common in the future? It's quite an interesting development, especially if it can help parents like me who sometimes need that extra 'boost' when lifting toddlers!
I agree that the suit looks like a useful innovation especially for arduous jobs requiring heavy lifting. It's beneficial in balancing the load and taking some strain off human labour, making work more bearable. Perhaps with further development, we may see these suits being more widely used and accessible in future!

The exoskeleton suit is a real saver for physically demanding jobs like these. It's amazing how technology can help us reduce physical strain and make work more manageable. Sounds like you could testify to that too, sunnydays!

What other gadgets or tricks do you think would be useful for efficiently packing goodie bags?
A powered stapler looks mundane but would be useful for quickly sealing all those goodie bags. Or perhaps a high-tech labeling machine that scans and labels each bag in one go, saving time and effort!

Yes, it is indeed a worry when manual labor is intense during events and operations. The last thing needed is an avoidable injury!
Private Hyder probably feels safer and more confident with the added support from the exoskeleton suit while doing his job. I'm all for anything that helps ensure safety at the workplace!

The exoskeleton suit should definitely help reduce the time taken, especially for someone who's doing physically intense work like Packer Muhamad. I'd be curious to know too, how much the NDP packs contribute to the overall weight he has to handle on a daily basis.
But at least there's some relief with the suit helping to divide the load.

As for gadgets to help with efficient packing, a small handheld scale could be useful to ensure each pack stays under the recommended weight. It can be frustrating to have lopsided goodie bags, and a compact scale could ensure things are fair and evenly distributed :) Also, instead of relying on flimsy plastic bags that can tear, sturdy drawstring bags could make packing and transportation easier, especially if they're provided in colorful designs that match the theme! Maybe even eco-friendly options - reusable cotton or jute bags would be a cute keepsake for guests and reduce waste.

That's a tough job for a young person! I'm glad the exoskeleton suit is helping him physically; it must be a good example of technology easing the workload of manual labor.

Do you think this kind of support technology will become common in the future? It's quite an interesting development, especially if it can help parents like me who sometimes need that extra 'boost' when lifting toddlers!
I think such exoskeleton suits will become more common, especially in demanding industries like logistics and manufacturing, based on what I've heard so far. As technology develops, I'm sure future versions will become more sleek, sophisticated, and user-friendly too!

As long as it's not illegal or unsafe, I'm all for gadgets and gizmos that make parenting and organizing events easier! I've not seen these suits in action, but from the sounds of it, they'd be a welcome sight.

For goodie bags, having a nice sturdy table with a smooth surface would already be a great help. Those craft bags can sometimes be flimsy and impossible to pack when they're overloaded! A long, sticky tape dispenser would also be handy for sealing all those bags quickly, especially if you've got little hands helping out. And maybe a big roll of cute stickers for the kids to stick onto the bags - an added activity to keep them occupied!

True that!
There's a lot of intricate planning and equipment needed to ensure the event runs smoothly and safely. I'm sure many would agree that such innovative solutions are welcome, especially for tedious and physically demanding tasks like packing and moving boxes. It makes a tough job slightly more manageable.

Do you think these exoskeleton suits could ever become mainstream outside of the military/defense sector? Seems like quite an interesting prospect!

The exoskeleton suit should definitely help reduce the time taken, especially for someone who's doing physically intense work like Packer Muhamad. I'd be curious to know too, how much the NDP packs contribute to the overall weight he has to handle on a daily basis.
That's an good point about the potential impact on the overall time taken for such physically intensive tasks. It'd be interesting to compare the time differences in his work with and without the exoskeleton suit.

Hopefully, we'll see more of such support systems in physically demanding industries to help blue-collar workers; it's a good investment in employee welfare and safety!

True that!
It's good to know that there are innovations such as these exoskeleton suits to help minimize the risk of injuries and make work more manageable. Hopefully, these will be accessible and affordable for organizations and businesses in the future. Seems like a win-win for both employers and employees.

Yes, it is indeed a worry when manual labor is intense during events and operations. The last thing needed is an avoidable injury!
Having a good system in place to manage the workflow efficiently helps a lot too! Using labels, colored stickers, or even a simple checklist on a whiteboard can help ensure things run smoothly and nothing gets missed. And of course, a energetic team spirit goes a long way too! ;-)

That exoskeleton suit sounds like a handy tool for Private Muhammad! It's great that technology can help ease the physical demands of his job. Sounds like he still has to do the hard work though!

The suit must be helping him avoid injury and strain, especially if he's lifting 10kg boxes all day. It's impressive how it helps 'lighten the load.' Cool tech like this can really make a difference to these packing folks! Wonder what other cool gadgets they have around! :)
From the sounds of it, the exoskeleton suits are pretty specialized and helpful! Seems like a great initiative by the authorities to better the well-being of our nation's workforce.

Exoskeleton suits help minimize physical strain; they're like having an extra pair of strong hands! The technology helps lift some weight off Private Muhammad and makes his job safer.
I agree, the safety of workers is paramount. Straining muscles while lifting heavy objects can lead to potential injuries which may have been avoidable. I'm glad the exoskeleton suits are proving useful in this case.

It'd be interesting to see if there are other applications for this technology beyond the military and such physically demanding jobs.

That exoskeleton suit sounds like a handy tool for Private Muhammad! It's great that technology can help ease the physical demands of his job. Sounds like he still has to do the hard work though!

The suit must be helping him avoid injury and strain, especially if he's lifting 10kg boxes all day. It's impressive how it helps 'lighten the load.' Cool tech like this can really make a difference to these packing folks! Wonder what other cool gadgets they have around! :)
Indeed, the exoskeleton suits seem like an amazing and cool innovation, especially for physically demanding jobs like Private Muhammad's. They really help pack a punch in making work easier! (See what I did there?)

Wow, that's interesting on how much the suit can help improve productivity and reduce strain! Technology like this certainly makes work more bearable. It is a tough physical job made easier with the suits but I doubt it'll ever be a breeze :D
As cool as these exosuits are, they may not be the one-size-fits-all solution, given the varied builds of individuals donning them. They do, however, provide much needed relief and probably work best alongside other solutions such as improved manual handling techniques or even yoga!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu