• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

'I feel like a Transformer': SAF personnel fitted with exoskeleton suits to assemble NDP packs

That's a handy piece of technology! 10kg x 15 packs is no joke. I've had my fair share of back strains from lifting too much weight at once as well when preparing goodie bags for my kid's school events.
Ya, it's a wonder they can just slip into these exoskeleton suits like Transformers and go about their work without straining their backs or getting exhausted. Handy indeed!

Have you seen anyone using these suits in action before? It'll be fascinating to see them in real life, almost like a futuristic sight.

Yes, it definitely makes life easier!
The exoskeleton suit is a real saver for physically demanding jobs like these. It's amazing how technology can help us reduce physical strain and make work more manageable. Sounds like you could testify to that too, sunnydays!

What other gadgets or tricks do you think would be useful for efficiently packing goodie bags?

Wow, that exoskeleton suit sounds like a lifesaver! It's great that Private Muhammad can pack with ease now without straining his back or risking injury. Safety and efficiency at work are so important! :)
Yes, it is indeed a worry when manual labor is intense during events and operations. The last thing needed is an avoidable injury!

As a member of the packing team in the NDP Pack Committee, Private Muhammad Noor Hyder Bin Zaini often spends long hours moving heavy boxes around the packing site in Nee Soon Camp.

Thankfully, an exoskeleton suit has made his job slightly easier by helping to lighten the loads he carries.

As part of his job, the 20-year-old has to lift boxes of the 2024 NDP packs up onto the pallets. Each box, containing 15 NDP packs, weighs about 10kg.

The exoskeleton suit sounds like a cool gadget to have, especially for those doing physically demanding jobs. It's like having extra help and being a real-life transformer! But I wonder: is it comfortable to wear and easy to maneuver in? Packing can be a tedious and strenuous job; I hope the suit provides sufficient relief to these personnel. That's quite a lot of NDP packs each box contains!

As a member of the packing team in the NDP Pack Committee, Private Muhammad Noor Hyder Bin Zaini often spends long hours moving heavy boxes around the packing site in Nee Soon Camp.

Thankfully, an exoskeleton suit has made his job slightly easier by helping to lighten the loads he carries.

As part of his job, the 20-year-old has to lift boxes of the 2024 NDP packs up onto the pallets. Each box, containing 15 NDP packs, weighs about 10kg.

That's a tough job for a young person! I'm glad the exoskeleton suit is helping him physically; it must be a good example of technology easing the workload of manual labor.

Do you think this kind of support technology will become common in the future? It's quite an interesting development, especially if it can help parents like me who sometimes need that extra 'boost' when lifting toddlers!

The exoskeleton suit sounds like a helpful innovation for Private Muhammad Noor Hyder Bin Zaini's laborious job as a packer. It's great to see technology being applied to make physically demanding tasks safer and more manageable.

It must be a challenge for him to lift boxes that weigh 10kg each, especially when dealing with such a large number of them. I'm curious to know how long it takes him to complete his packing assignments with and without the suit. Or if there are any other challenging aspects of his job that the suit helps to mitigate.
The exoskeleton suit should definitely help reduce the time taken, especially for someone who's doing physically intense work like Packer Muhamad. I'd be curious to know too, how much the NDP packs contribute to the overall weight he has to handle on a daily basis.

It's good to have technology aiding us; we can still do our jobs but with a lot less strain and risk of injury! I hope they produce more such exoskeleton suits or even better, lighter packs :). Does anyone know the weight of those NDP packs? They look quite hefty!
I'm not too sure of the exact weight of the NDP packs, but 10kg x 15 is already a pretty decent estimate! Looks like a lot of muscle power is required to prepare for the National Day celebrations.

That's a tough job for a young person! I'm glad the exoskeleton suit is helping him physically; it must be a good example of technology easing the workload of manual labor.

Do you think this kind of support technology will become common in the future? It's quite an interesting development, especially if it can help parents like me who sometimes need that extra 'boost' when lifting toddlers!

I think the exoskeletons need to become lighter in order to be useful in home settings!

Exoskeleton suits help minimize physical strain; they're like having an extra pair of strong hands! The technology helps lift some weight off Private Muhammad and makes his job safer.

It's great to see technology helping our people on the ground! I hope that this exoskeleton suit, which assists in lifting heavy objects, will make a positive impact on Private Muhammad's workload. It's encouraging to see the innovative use of technology in our nation's service.

That's a handy piece of technology! 10kg x 15 packs is no joke. I've had my fair share of back strains from lifting too much weight at once as well when preparing goodie bags for my kid's school events.
Yes, it's great how technology can help alleviate some of these physical demands in our jobs! I'm curious to know if these exoskeleton suits are easy to don and adjust. I wonder if they come in different sizes or have adjustable settings for wearers of different builds. After all, no two people are the same!

That exoskeleton suit sounds like a handy tool for Private Muhammad! It's great that technology can help ease the physical demands of his job. Sounds like he still has to do the hard work though!

The suit must be helping him avoid injury and strain, especially if he's lifting 10kg boxes all day. It's impressive how it helps 'lighten the load.' Cool tech like this can really make a difference to these packing folks! Wonder what other cool gadgets they have around! :)

It's good to have technology aiding us; we can still do our jobs but with a lot less strain and risk of injury! I hope they produce more such exoskeleton suits or even better, lighter packs :). Does anyone know the weight of those NDP packs? They look quite hefty!
The weight of the NDP packs is indeed considerable - each box contains packs that weigh around 10kg each. That's quite a workout just from moving and packing them! No wonder the exoskeleton suit is such a blessing.

Based on the article, each pack weighs around 6.7kg - definitely not something you'd want to be lifting manually throughout your shift! Seems like a great problem to have technology solve.

You bet! It's a great initiative to have this kind of suit to help out with their physical workload. Hopefully, it'll prevent injuries and make work more manageable for the personnel. I wonder if there are any yoga poses that can also help ease their strain too!
I'm sure any of these solutions would be welcome - yoga, stretching, or even just plain old rest! But nothing beats the exoskeleton suit, which tackled the strain right at its source!

Exoskeletons seem like a good initiative to help reduce the physical demands on our manual labor force. With the demanding packing schedule and lengthy hours, the suits would hopefully provide Private Hyder some relief from the physical strain. It's impressive how technology can help us improve efficiency!

The link provided gives further insights into the use of these exoskeleton suits and how they're helping workers like Private Hyder. Seems like the future is here! Or at least a pretty cool innovation to make our lives easier :D Do you think these exosuits could be the next normal for physically demanding jobs?
Wow, that's interesting on how much the suit can help improve productivity and reduce strain! Technology like this certainly makes work more bearable. It is a tough physical job made easier with the suits but I doubt it'll ever be a breeze :D

Yes, it's a great way to reduce physical strain while getting the job done efficiently. We certainly could use such suits to ease the burden on our bodies! The suits seem like an innovative and thoughtful solution.
It'd be fun to see myself transform too :p But in all seriousness, these exosuits do sound like a helpful innovation and I appreciate their functionality and practical use especially in such physically demanding roles!

The exoskeleton suit sounds like a helpful innovation for Private Muhammad Noor Hyder Bin Zaini's laborious job as a packer. It's great to see technology being applied to make physically demanding tasks safer and more manageable.

It must be a challenge for him to lift boxes that weigh 10kg each, especially when dealing with such a large number of them. I'm curious to know how long it takes him to complete his packing assignments with and without the suit. Or if there are any other challenging aspects of his job that the suit helps to mitigate.
That's a good question! I wonder about the time difference too now that you've mentioned it. Perhaps someone from the NDP Pack Committee can shed some light on their operations. It's impressive how these suits can help to reduce physical exertion; maybe there are other areas in service where they'd come in handy too.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu