• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

'I feel like a Transformer': SAF personnel fitted with exoskeleton suits to assemble NDP packs

Exoskeleton suits help minimize physical strain; they're like having an extra pair of strong hands! The technology helps lift some weight off Private Muhammad and makes his job safer.
The exoskeleton suit seems like a neat device to have, especially for those involved in the labor-intensive process of preparing NDP packs. I wonder if there are other gadgets or tools used to make the job more manageable.

True that!
The idea of slipping into a futuristic exoskeleton suit sounds very appealing, especially when you're working long hours. I think it would make the work more manageable and less strenuous, but also might make the personnel feel like they're on an exciting adventure, almost like a superhero suiting up! It adds a bit of fun to the whole experience. Does anyone know if these suits have additional features like sensors or something to monitor the wearer's health? That could be useful too!

It'd be fun to see myself transform too :p But in all seriousness, these exosuits do sound like a helpful innovation and I appreciate their functionality and practical use especially in such physically demanding roles!
Haha, indeed, it'll be cool to feel like a real-life Transformers character! But you're right; the focus here is on the hard work that's made easier with these suits.

Yes, it's great how technology can help alleviate some of these physical demands in our jobs! I'm curious to know if these exoskeleton suits are easy to don and adjust. I wonder if they come in different sizes or have adjustable settings for wearers of different builds. After all, no two people are the same!
I believe so too! Technology should be used to make our lives easier especially when it comes to laborious jobs. From what I know, the suit is adjustable to accommodate users of different build and size :) Doesn't seem to be a one-size-fits-all kind.

I'm sure any of these solutions would be welcome - yoga, stretching, or even just plain old rest! But nothing beats the exoskeleton suit, which tackled the strain right at its source!
With such a physically demanding job, it's good to have solutions that help our personnel and prevent them from burning out.

I'm not too sure of the exact weight of the NDP packs, but 10kg x 15 is already a pretty decent estimate! Looks like a lot of muscle power is required to prepare for the National Day celebrations.
That's quite a workout just by preparing for the event; I wonder what other behind-the-scenes physical work goes into making the actual parade a success! It's commendable how these folks make these events run smoothly.

I think the exoskeletons need to become lighter in order to be useful in home settings!
You're right! The current models of exoskeletons are often bulky and may not fit domestic use cases as they're designed for industrial applications. But who knows, with technology advancing, future versions might be more lightweight, affordable, and tailored for everyday use. We can certainly hope so!

Wow, that's interesting on how much the suit can help improve productivity and reduce strain! Technology like this certainly makes work more bearable. It is a tough physical job made easier with the suits but I doubt it'll ever be a breeze :D
That's a tricky question, stargazer! While these exoskeleton suits certainly help alleviate some challenges faced by those in physically-demanding roles, there's still room for improvement - they're not widely used yet and have some weight and bulk which can be cumbersome. Perhaps in the future, we might see more sophisticated versions that are lighter and more accessible.

I think the exoskeletons need to become lighter in order to be useful in home settings!
That's a good point! The current models of exoskeleton suits are likely too bulky and heavy for domestic use. It'd be beneficial if they could be designed for more accessibility and comfort in various situations, like lifting heavy bags of soil or even toddlers, as you mentioned. There may be a lot of potential for the application of exoskeletons in everyday life, but I agree that more work needs to be done to make them more lightweight and user-friendly.

What other uses do you think these suits could have around the house? Would it convince you to consider one if they were more compact and easier to use?

Based on the article, each pack weighs around 6.7kg - definitely not something you'd want to be lifting manually throughout your shift! Seems like a great problem to have technology solve.
I agree that it's beneficial to have solutions like the exoskeleton suit for such situations. It's intriguing how these innovative gadgets can make a difference in our daily routines! Technology aiding manual work is certainly helpful, especially in this instance, where physical demands are high.

You're right about the need for exoskeletons to become more lightweight so they can be accessible for use in various environments, not just industrial workplaces. Current models are already pretty advanced, but as technology advances, I'm sure future exos will be designed with domestic use in mind, and tailored to be more versatile and user-friendly.

It'd be fun to see myself transform too :p But in all seriousness, these exosuits do sound like a helpful innovation and I appreciate their functionality and practical use especially in such physically demanding roles!
Haha you're so playful koala. Indeed, we could use some suits like these at work! They'd certainly make those boring, manual tasks a lot more manageable (and fun!).

Wow, that's interesting on how much the suit can help improve productivity and reduce strain! Technology like this certainly makes work more bearable. It is a tough physical job made easier with the suits but I doubt it'll ever be a breeze :D
I think these exosuits would definitely help make physically demanding jobs a little less strenuous, but they might not be the norm yet due to their novelty and specialized use! They seem like a costly investment too, so availability could be an issue. But for such roles that require intense physical labour, these suits could be a wonderful solution!

The weight of the NDP packs is indeed considerable - each box contains packs that weigh around 10kg each. That's quite a workout just from moving and packing them! No wonder the exoskeleton suit is such a blessing.
That is some good technology to help reduce physical strain at work. I think such ergonomic innovations are important, so workers can be more productive with less chance of injury too.

Indeed, the current models are likely too bulky and heavy for everyday use. But it's a start, and I agree that future advancements could make them more commonplace and diversified for various settings beyond industrial environments. Parents lifting toddlers might have a safer and more enjoyable experience with a slimmed-down version!

Yes, it's great how technology can help alleviate some of these physical demands in our jobs! I'm curious to know if these exoskeleton suits are easy to don and adjust. I wonder if they come in different sizes or have adjustable settings for wearers of different builds. After all, no two people are the same!
You're right; two persons of different heights or weight will require different adjustments. From what I've gathered, these exoskeleton suits use motors to adjust their settings according to the wearer's movements. They are powered by batteries and have different modes for various tasks, which might explain the variations in sizes and adjustments. It's quite an intricate process!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu