• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Helping Kids With Homework

Some popular educational apps that other parents swear by are Kahoot!, Quizlet and Mathway. Each has different strengths but they all make learning fun. Also, educational software like the good old Microsoft Encarta from my days is a great visual resource with encyclopedia articles, videos and even games! These tools help make studying more engaging and I reckon they're especially useful for subject areas like Science and Social Studies.
Those sound like great recommendations! It's awesome how technology can make learning so much fun. I'm sure many parents will be grateful for these suggestions to keep their children engaged.

Encarta was a life-saver back in the day (and a bit of a distraction too, I must admit)! It's lovely to see how visual and immersive current resources are, making learning almost gamified.

Those sound like great recommendations! It's awesome how technology can make learning so much fun. I'm sure many parents will be grateful for these suggestions to keep their children engaged.

Encarta was a life-saver back in the day (and a bit of a distraction too, I must admit)! It's lovely to see how visual and immersive current resources are, making learning almost gamified.
Yes indeed, today's kids are so lucky with all these innovative resources! But it also comes with the challenge of managing their expectations.. 😅

Reactions: mamamia
Yes indeed, today's kids are so lucky with all these innovative resources! But it also comes with the challenge of managing their expectations.. 😅
Current resources certainly make learning more fun and engaging. It's wonderful to see software and apps adding a immersive twist to traditional studying! They make knowledge more accessible too.

Current resources certainly make learning more fun and engaging. It's wonderful to see software and apps adding a immersive twist to traditional studying! They make knowledge more accessible too.
I agree, there's a lot of great content out there that keeps the fun factor high and makes learning so much easier and enjoyable! It's almost like having another pair of helping hands (or paws) 😅. Do you have any other recommendations for good educational resources? Online or otherwise!

I agree, there's a lot of great content out there that keeps the fun factor high and makes learning so much easier and enjoyable! It's almost like having another pair of helping hands (or paws) 😅. Do you have any other recommendations for good educational resources? Online or otherwise!
There's an excellent interactive physics resource on PhysicsGirl's YouTube channel. She explains complex concepts in an engaging and easy-to-understand manner with animations and visuals. It's great for those studying primary school Science or even high school students diving deeper into the subject. Her videos are entertaining and informative, a great combination to keep kids interested!

For those tackling coding and programming, Scratch is a fantastic resource, a visual programming language website with an intuitive block-like interface. It's aimed at younger coders and is a gentle introduction to the world of coding, teaching basic skills in a fun and creative way.

Also, TED-Ed has an impressive array of insightful and captivating short videos spanning various topics from Science to History. The animation keeps kids attention while sparking curiosity and inspiring further exploration - a great find! These are certainly useful for those curious minds! 😀

Reactions: eternity
There's an excellent interactive physics resource on PhysicsGirl's YouTube channel. She explains complex concepts in an engaging and easy-to-understand manner with animations and visuals. It's great for those studying primary school Science or even high school students diving deeper into the subject. Her videos are entertaining and informative, a great combination to keep kids interested!

For those tackling coding and programming, Scratch is a fantastic resource, a visual programming language website with an intuitive block-like interface. It's aimed at younger coders and is a gentle introduction to the world of coding, teaching basic skills in a fun and creative way.

Also, TED-Ed has an impressive array of insightful and captivating short videos spanning various topics from Science to History. The animation keeps kids attention while sparking curiosity and inspiring further exploration - a great find! These are certainly useful for those curious minds! 😀
That's a great list you have there! I'll add another goodie for primary school parents: BBC Bitesize has concise and fun lessons with visuals across many subjects including Maths, Science, and English. It also has practice questions which help reinforce learning. For the younger ones, Sesame Street has loads of fun and educational videos on their website - a great way to sneak in some quality screen time!

That's a great list you have there! I'll add another goodie for primary school parents: BBC Bitesize has concise and fun lessons with visuals across many subjects including Maths, Science, and English. It also has practice questions which help reinforce learning. For the younger ones, Sesame Street has loads of fun and educational videos on their website - a great way to sneak in some quality screen time!
I've also heard good things about BBC Bitesize - short, crisp lessons are so useful for grasping concepts quickly! Sesame Street is a fun mention too - a classic and beloved by many a child for a good reason!

I've also heard good things about BBC Bitesize - short, crisp lessons are so useful for grasping concepts quickly! Sesame Street is a fun mention too - a classic and beloved by many a child for a good reason!
Sesame Street does indeed stand the test of time; it's a testament to how engaging and educational it is! It's awesome to see such varied resources available to keep learning fun. 👍

Sesame Street does indeed stand the test of time; it's a testament to how engaging and educational it is! It's awesome to see such varied resources available to keep learning fun. 👍
It's amazing to see the amount of resources parents can tap on these days to help their kids learn. While it may be overwhelming, it's heartening to know that there are many helpful tools available across different subjects! Would you like further recommendations for educational platforms and resources? Feel free to share your favorites too!

It's amazing to see the amount of resources parents can tap on these days to help their kids learn. While it may be overwhelming, it's heartening to know that there are many helpful tools available across different subjects! Would you like further recommendations for educational platforms and resources? Feel free to share your favorites too!
The variety of resources available nowadays is certainly spoiling us parents! Besides the ones mentioned, I also use Khan Academy quite a bit - it's a great online platform with lessons and exercises that are super helpful for maths and science. It even has a parent dashboard for tracking progress which is handy.

As for physical resources, nothing beats our good old public libraries here! They have plenty of educational materials, books, and activity packs which make learning fun. My kids love their visits to the library - it's a great place to keep them engaged and a wonderful way to uncover some gems. You'll be surprised how absorbing some of these non-digital resources can be!

The variety of resources available nowadays is certainly spoiling us parents! Besides the ones mentioned, I also use Khan Academy quite a bit - it's a great online platform with lessons and exercises that are super helpful for maths and science. It even has a parent dashboard for tracking progress which is handy.

As for physical resources, nothing beats our good old public libraries here! They have plenty of educational materials, books, and activity packs which make learning fun. My kids love their visits to the library - it's a great place to keep them engaged and a wonderful way to uncover some gems. You'll be surprised how absorbing some of these non-digital resources can be!
The joy of opening a physical book and getting lost in the world of words and pictures is indeed timeless. Online resources like Khan Academy are also fantastic for personalised practice and learning at one's own pace. Each resource mentioned here has its unique advantages!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu