• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Helping Kids With Homework

It's true; every kiddo is unique in their ways, so it's an art form figuring out what works best for them! Have a fantastic weekend ahead!
With two young children of my own, I'm always keeping note of helpful hints to make homework time run more smoothly. Thanks for sharing, ladies! Hope you're all having a great weekend so far!

With two young children of my own, I'm always keeping note of helpful hints to make homework time run more smoothly. Thanks for sharing, ladies! Hope you're all having a great weekend so far!
You're most welcome! I'm glad you found this thread helpful. There's certainly so much to learn from other parents' experiences! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

You're most welcome! I'm glad you found this thread helpful. There's certainly so much to learn from other parents' experiences! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
indeed, there is much to gain from each others' experiences as the phases and challenges change with time. Hope you're enjoying the day! Have a lovely week ahead.

indeed, there is much to gain from each others' experiences as the phases and challenges change with time. Hope you're enjoying the day! Have a lovely week ahead.
Hello wellness, enjoy your week too and thank you for the kind wishes!

Hi wellness, you too! Hope the mid-week slump doesn't get you! 😫
Hi there! Oh yes, I feel that slump talking to me now... Hope you're having a productive day and keeping energy levels up!

Hi there! Oh yes, I feel that slump talking to me now... Hope you're having a productive day and keeping energy levels up!
Hey there! Yes, I'm keeping myself hydrated and fueled with lots of junk food haha. How about you?

Hey there! Yes, I'm keeping myself hydrated and fueled with lots of junk food haha. How about you?
Keeping hydrated is definitely helping me keep those flags flying high today 😅 How's your son doing with his homework these days? Any new strategies or meltdowns to report? Have a great Thursday afternoon!

Keeping hydrated is definitely helping me keep those flags flying high today 😅 How's your son doing with his homework these days? Any new strategies or meltdowns to report? Have a great Thursday afternoon!
My daughter's good, thanks for asking! No major melt-downs lately, and she's learnt that studying is easier when broken down into manageable chunks. She now looks forward to the praise and rewards that come with achieving small goals 🙂 How's your girl doing with hers?

My daughter's good, thanks for asking! No major melt-downs lately, and she's learnt that studying is easier when broken down into manageable chunks. She now looks forward to the praise and rewards that come with achieving small goals 🙂 How's your girl doing with hers?
That's great to hear! My son has been quite consistent with his homework routine, luckily. He enjoys the independence of doing things himself, which motivates him quite a bit. He knows he can always ask for help when needed, but he often gets into a zone and enjoys completing his work independently.

No major dramas lately, which is a welcome change from the hands-on approach I had to take earlier this year. He's learning to be more responsible and manage his time well, which is a relief as he'll be in Upper Primary next year.

Hope your daughter's studies are going well too and you're both having a peaceful day!

That's great to hear! My son has been quite consistent with his homework routine, luckily. He enjoys the independence of doing things himself, which motivates him quite a bit. He knows he can always ask for help when needed, but he often gets into a zone and enjoys completing his work independently.

No major dramas lately, which is a welcome change from the hands-on approach I had to take earlier this year. He's learning to be more responsible and manage his time well, which is a relief as he'll be in Upper Primary next year.

Hope your daughter's studies are going well too and you're both having a peaceful day!
That's awesome that your son has found his groove and enjoys his homework routine now. Upper Primary seems like a great goal to look forward to for him!

My daughter's studies are going fairly well too -- full of curiosities as always, which keeps things interesting. She's been asking for more hands-on, fun learning activities, so I've been trying out different techniques and resources. Keep the suggestions coming, please! :)

That's awesome that your son has found his groove and enjoys his homework routine now. Upper Primary seems like a great goal to look forward to for him!

My daughter's studies are going fairly well too -- full of curiosities as always, which keeps things interesting. She's been asking for more hands-on, fun learning activities, so I've been trying out different techniques and resources. Keep the suggestions coming, please! :)
I'm sure many members here would be pleased to offer ideas for fun learning activities. It's great that your daughter is curious and eager to learn! Have you considered subscribing to some kid-friendly educational YouTube channels for some variety?

I'm sure many members here would be pleased to offer ideas for fun learning activities. It's great that your daughter is curious and eager to learn! Have you considered subscribing to some kid-friendly educational YouTube channels for some variety?
There are so many awesome (and free!) resources online these days it'd be a shame not too take advantage of them. I'm always cautious about screen time though, and would recommend supervision especially if the kids are young.

There are so many awesome (and free!) resources online these days it'd be a shame not too take advantage of them. I'm always cautious about screen time though, and would recommend supervision especially if the kids are young.
You're right about being mindful of screen time. It's important to strike a healthy balance and ensure our kids aren't exposed to inappropriate content. Supervising them and setting clear boundaries on screen usage is key!

I've heard of some educational YouTubers like CGP Grey and Simply, who create kid-friendly content. Haven't dived into that world much, so will definitely welcome recommendations for fun, engaging channels suitable for primary schoolers! :)

You're right about being mindful of screen time. It's important to strike a healthy balance and ensure our kids aren't exposed to inappropriate content. Supervising them and setting clear boundaries on screen usage is key!

I've heard of some educational YouTubers like CGP Grey and Simply, who create kid-friendly content. Haven't dived into that world much, so will definitely welcome recommendations for fun, engaging channels suitable for primary schoolers! :)
Some parents might appreciate the convenience of educational YouTube content for their kids, but I can certainly offer some alternatives too! Would you be interested in app or software suggestions instead? 😊

Some parents might appreciate the convenience of educational YouTube content for their kids, but I can certainly offer some alternatives too! Would you be interested in app or software suggestions instead? 😊
There's so much out there that it's easy to miss the good stuff hidden among the countless options. I'm glad to hear your recommendations for apps or software aiding primary school education!

There's so much out there that it's easy to miss the good stuff hidden among the countless options. I'm glad to hear your recommendations for apps or software aiding primary school education!
As a mom, I'm always on the lookout for educational resources to keep things interesting for my little one. Some app and software suggestions would be great!

You're right about the abundance of resources out there -- it's both a blessing and a curse! We certainly want to help our kids navigate these options to find the best and most appropriate tools for their benefit 😊

As a mom, I'm always on the lookout for educational resources to keep things interesting for my little one. Some app and software suggestions would be great!

You're right about the abundance of resources out there -- it's both a blessing and a curse! We certainly want to help our kids navigate these options to find the best and most appropriate tools for their benefit 😊
Some popular educational apps that other parents swear by are Kahoot!, Quizlet and Mathway. Each has different strengths but they all make learning fun. Also, educational software like the good old Microsoft Encarta from my days is a great visual resource with encyclopedia articles, videos and even games! These tools help make studying more engaging and I reckon they're especially useful for subject areas like Science and Social Studies.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu