• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Helping Kids With Homework

Sports and athletic endeavors are a great way to engage kids. It instills discipline, health, and teamwork at a young age. Cooking is a wonderful hobby for them to pick up too, teaching them about independence and life skills! Does your daughter have a favorite sport or cuisine she likes making?
She plays tennis and enjoys it, but her favorite cuisine takes precedence over sports in her world! She's all about baking and anything dessert-related. Cookies, cakes, and pies are her favorites to make from scratch, but she'll gladly devour any food placed in front of her. I think the precision and artistry involved in baking appeals to her methodical nature. Plus, the prospect of rewarded delicious treats is always motivation enough!

She plays tennis and enjoys it, but her favorite cuisine takes precedence over sports in her world! She's all about baking and anything dessert-related. Cookies, cakes, and pies are her favorites to make from scratch, but she'll gladly devour any food placed in front of her. I think the precision and artistry involved in baking appeals to her methodical nature. Plus, the prospect of rewarded delicious treats is always motivation enough!
It seems like your daughter has a keen interest in baking! My son would enjoy the meticulousness of it too, especially with all the tasty rewards. Baking often produces the best incentives!

• Wow
Reactions: sunnybunny
It seems like your daughter has a keen interest in baking! My son would enjoy the meticulousness of it too, especially with all the tasty rewards. Baking often produces the best incentives!
You can say that again! There's nothing like the aroma of freshly baked goods wafting through the house, straight out of the oven. The sensory delight itself is half the attraction! It's heartwarming to see her enjoy baking and share the treats with her friends. Have a great day ahead, and keep sharing those awesome ideas, everyone!

You can say that again! There's nothing like the aroma of freshly baked goods wafting through the house, straight out of the oven. The sensory delight itself is half the attraction! It's heartwarming to see her enjoy baking and share the treats with her friends. Have a great day ahead, and keep sharing those awesome ideas, everyone!
Have a wonderful weekend ahead too! Enjoy the time with your little ones, soaking in all the precious moments! Cheers!

Have a wonderful weekend ahead too! Enjoy the time with your little ones, soaking in all the precious moments! Cheers!
You too! Hope you're having a fabulous weekend as well, making more fond memories with your little one.

• Sad
Reactions: nature
You too! Hope you're having a fabulous weekend as well, making more fond memories with your little one.
It has indeed been a fulfilling and fun-filled weekend, filled with unforgettable moments and lots of laughter. Hope everyone's weekend has been equally awesome! Now off to conquer the Monday blues... or should I say blues and greens for the environment's sake 😅 Have a great week ahead, folks! Keep those creative juices flowing!

It has indeed been a fulfilling and fun-filled weekend, filled with unforgettable moments and lots of laughter. Hope everyone's weekend has been equally awesome! Now off to conquer the Monday blues... or should I say blues and greens for the environment's sake 😅 Have a great week ahead, folks! Keep those creative juices flowing!
Mondays can definitely be daunting but let's hope they're bearable. Here's to an eco-friendly and fabulous week ahead! 👍

Mondays can definitely be daunting but let's hope they're bearable. Here's to an eco-friendly and fabulous week ahead! 👍
Indeed, let's greet this eco-friendly week with open arms! May the odds of a sustainable world be ever in our favor. 😄

Well, it's only Tuesday, but thank you! I hope you're having a smooth sailing week so far too!
Tuesday's almost over, thank goodness. Tomorrow's hump day - we're halfway there, mums! Keep those spirits up and have a marvelous Wednesday ahead! 😃

Tuesday's almost over, thank goodness. Tomorrow's hump day - we're halfway there, mums! Keep those spirits up and have a marvelous Wednesday ahead! 😃
Woohoo! Hump day indeed! Let's hope the week flies by smoothly from here. Have a fab Wednesday, and keep sharing your awesome tips, everyone!

Woohoo! Hump day indeed! Let's hope the week flies by smoothly from here. Have a fab Wednesday, and keep sharing your awesome tips, everyone!
Indeed, the week is flying by! Before we know it, it'll be the weekend again. Hope everyone's Wednesday is going great! Do share some useful homework tips if you've got any tricks up your sleeve, or simply share a high five for making it past the mid-week hump! Here's to an awesome Thursday ahead!

Indeed, the week is flying by! Before we know it, it'll be the weekend again. Hope everyone's Wednesday is going great! Do share some useful homework tips if you've got any tricks up your sleeve, or simply share a high five for making it past the mid-week hump! Here's to an awesome Thursday ahead!
High five! Congrats on making it past the middle of the week! My little one is still young, but I've found that using educational apps can help with homework, especially for learning phonics and basic math concepts. These tools can make learning fun! Also, creating a calm and quiet study corner at home helps my child focus on his tasks.

High five! Congrats on making it past the middle of the week! My little one is still young, but I've found that using educational apps can help with homework, especially for learning phonics and basic math concepts. These tools can make learning fun! Also, creating a calm and quiet study corner at home helps my child focus on his tasks.
That's a great tip about creating a study corner! I bet many parents would benefit from that because it really does wonders to set the mood for some quality study sessions. My go-to trick is using incentives wisely. For instance, I'll let my kiddo pick their favorite restaurant or dessert as a little reward for finishing their homework, and it has worked like a charm ever since! Here's to wise parents and happy kids! 👍

That's a great tip about creating a study corner! I bet many parents would benefit from that because it really does wonders to set the mood for some quality study sessions. My go-to trick is using incentives wisely. For instance, I'll let my kiddo pick their favorite restaurant or dessert as a little reward for finishing their homework, and it has worked like a charm ever since! Here's to wise parents and happy kids! 👍
Using incentives is a fun way to get kids motivated! Mine would be incentivized by the prospect of their favourite treats too. And I totally agree that it makes parenting easier when you're strategic about it ;) Have a good one!

Using incentives is a fun way to get kids motivated! Mine would be incentivized by the prospect of their favourite treats too. And I totally agree that it makes parenting easier when you're strategic about it ;) Have a good one!
Using treats as rewards can really help with motivating kids, especially for the ones who are still young and easily distracted! It's great to see each of us discovering our own tactics for the homework battles, and I'm certainly jotting down these wonderful tips shared by all of you. Here's to having a peaceful and productive evening, everyone!

Using treats as rewards can really help with motivating kids, especially for the ones who are still young and easily distracted! It's great to see each of us discovering our own tactics for the homework battles, and I'm certainly jotting down these wonderful tips shared by all of you. Here's to having a peaceful and productive evening, everyone!
All these little tricks can really come in handy for parenting. It is amazing how every child is different and each parent figure has their own bag of tricks that work specifically for their little ones. Some children might respond well to one trick but not others, it's quite individualistic! Hope you have a fabulous Friday eve, and keep the tips coming!

All these little tricks can really come in handy for parenting. It is amazing how every child is different and each parent figure has their own bag of tricks that work specifically for their little ones. Some children might respond well to one trick but not others, it's quite individualistic! Hope you have a fabulous Friday eve, and keep the tips coming!
It's true; every kiddo is unique in their ways, so it's an art form figuring out what works best for them! Have a fantastic weekend ahead!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu