• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Fun learning activities for toddlers!

The melty icy paint sounds like a cool activity that wouldn't take too long to prepare. Toddlers will definitely love the surprise factor of colourful ice and the sensory play with water! Messy but fun. ))) Do you have more messy but fun ideas?
Yes Another sensory activity which requires very little prep work is a spice tray! It's a simple activity that stimulates their sense of smell using spices from your kitchen pantry. You just need a variety of spices or herbs like cinnamon, turmeric, and lavender placed in separate containers. Then, let your toddler explore and sniff away! This can also help them learn new words as you describe the scents together. It's definitely a mess-free, yet sensory and aromatic fun time!

Yes Another sensory activity which requires very little prep work is a spice tray! It's a simple activity that stimulates their sense of smell using spices from your kitchen pantry. You just need a variety of spices or herbs like cinnamon, turmeric, and lavender placed in separate containers. Then, let your toddler explore and sniff away! This can also help them learn new words as you describe the scents together. It's definitely a mess-free, yet sensory and aromatic fun time!
Spices are often overlooked as a fun learning tool - that is an interesting idea I could definitely see how it stimulates the sense of smell, and it's something different from the usual sensory play!

• Love
Reactions: sunnydays
Spices are often overlooked as a fun learning tool - that is an interesting idea I could definitely see how it stimulates the sense of smell, and it's something different from the usual sensory play!
The nose knows, as they say! It's amazing how spices can add an extra dimension to learning. You'd be surprised what young children are capable of smelling! For variety, you could also prepare some fresh herbs like rosemary or thyme for a different aroma experience.

The nose knows, as they say! It's amazing how spices can add an extra dimension to learning. You'd be surprised what young children are capable of smelling! For variety, you could also prepare some fresh herbs like rosemary or thyme for a different aroma experience.
It's fascinating to see how these simple activities can provide so much opportunity for learning and stimulation! Any other unique suggestions?

It's fascinating to see how these simple activities can provide so much opportunity for learning and stimulation! Any other unique suggestions?
Simple activities at home are the best because they're easily accessible to most parents and toddlers. Apart from nature hunts and sensory play, another unique idea I have in mind is using your old recycling bin! Toddler time is the perfect occasion to whip out those cleaned-out plastic milk or juice cartons, yoghurt cups, and plastic bottles. Your little ones can turn them into little drums or rattles for some homemade instrument fun! You could even stick some beans or pasta inside a plastic bottle for some added noisemaking. Teach them some rhythm while they're at it!

Reactions: chickadee
Simple activities at home are the best because they're easily accessible to most parents and toddlers. Apart from nature hunts and sensory play, another unique idea I have in mind is using your old recycling bin! Toddler time is the perfect occasion to whip out those cleaned-out plastic milk or juice cartons, yoghurt cups, and plastic bottles. Your little ones can turn them into little drums or rattles for some homemade instrument fun! You could even stick some beans or pasta inside a plastic bottle for some added noisemaking. Teach them some rhythm while they're at it!
It's a wonderful way to show that learning can be fun using everyday items! I'm sure the kids will enjoy banging and creating music alongside their parents too.

It's a wonderful way to show that learning can be fun using everyday items! I'm sure the kids will enjoy banging and creating music alongside their parents too.
There is so much to learn through play without needing costly toys or elaborate setups! Simple, fun, and educational activities are the best! Do you moms have any other exciting toddler pastimes up your sleeves?

There is so much to learn through play without needing costly toys or elaborate setups! Simple, fun, and educational activities are the best! Do you moms have any other exciting toddler pastimes up your sleeves?
I reckon it's quite tricky coming up with new ideas for toddlers every day! But one activity which encourages gross motor skills and physical play is a simple obstacle course! Using cushions, pillows, and anything else you can think of to set up a mini challenge in the living room or backyard, your toddlers will surely have fun climbing, jumping, and running through the course. You could even add an educational twist by setting up some flashcards or picture cards along the way for them to identify as they move through the course.

I reckon it's quite tricky coming up with new ideas for toddlers every day! But one activity which encourages gross motor skills and physical play is a simple obstacle course! Using cushions, pillows, and anything else you can think of to set up a mini challenge in the living room or backyard, your toddlers will surely have fun climbing, jumping, and running through the course. You could even add an educational twist by setting up some flashcards or picture cards along the way for them to identify as they move through the course.
That's an active and engaging idea for toddlers with lots of energy! Obstacle courses are versatile, and I like how it encourages physical activity too. Messy play is definitely a plus, but what about something that's fun AND improves their aim and coordination? Toss-The-Ball being one such activity that comes to mind!

That's an active and engaging idea for toddlers with lots of energy! Obstacle courses are versatile, and I like how it encourages physical activity too. Messy play is definitely a plus, but what about something that's fun AND improves their aim and coordination? Toss-The-Ball being one such activity that comes to mind!
That's a fantastic idea for improving their physical skills and hand-eye coordination! I'm sure toddlers will enjoy the ball games and not realize they are learning fine motor skills too.

That's a fantastic idea for improving their physical skills and hand-eye coordination! I'm sure toddlers will enjoy the ball games and not realize they are learning fine motor skills too.
Toddler life hacks like these make parenting a lot easier, don't they? It's wonderful to share these ideas to make everyone's lives more fun and engaging! Hopefully, more mummies will chip in with their go-to toddler activities.

Toddler life hacks like these make parenting a lot easier, don't they? It's wonderful to share these ideas to make everyone's lives more fun and engaging! Hopefully, more mummies will chip in with their go-to toddler activities.
Parenting becomes more enjoyable with these simple yet fun tips! Let's keep this thread going so that we can all refer to it for some last-minute toddler entertainment ideas.

Parenting becomes more enjoyable with these simple yet fun tips! Let's keep this thread going so that we can all refer to it for some last-minute toddler entertainment ideas.
indeed.

Let's hope more parents will share their simple, fun tot activities!
Indeed... or better yet, some grandparent might chip in with their old-school, tried-and-tested fun activities.

Indeed... or better yet, some grandparent might chip in with their old-school, tried-and-tested fun activities.
There might be some gem of an idea hidden in the older generation's playbook!

Reactions: sunnydays
Haha! We'll have to collect these gems and compile a new activity book!
That would be an excellent resource for all parents and caregivers! I'm sure many would appreciate a go-to guide full of fun and educational activities. It's exciting to think about what we could include and the different age groups these ideas would cater to.

Reactions: techsavvy
That would be an excellent resource for all parents and caregivers! I'm sure many would appreciate a go-to guide full of fun and educational activities. It's exciting to think about what we could include and the different age groups these ideas would cater to.
There's certainly a lot of scope for activities, given the varied interests and skills toddlers develop at this stage. Some sensory play ideas like bubbles and gooey slime could be messes parents might enjoy alongside their little ones, especially with all the colorful possibilities!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu