• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Frugal Family Funds

Haha, I do try to keep things interesting! My next trick involves recycled art - saving up all those apparently useless plastic bags that we tend to accumulate, and creating colorful works of art with them. It's amazing what you can do with a scissor, some glue, and imagination! But beyond arts and crafts, I'm sure there are other fun and practical ways mummies here help their families save money while still having fun. Any tips to share?
Ummm...I don't think I have any frugal life hacks apart from the ones mentioned above. I'm not as creative as you! But I do want to add that singapore is such a gem when it comes to finding free or affordable activities for families. You've got me curious - what other recycled materials do you use for your arts and crafts?

Ummm...I don't think I have any frugal life hacks apart from the ones mentioned above. I'm not as creative as you! But I do want to add that singapore is such a gem when it comes to finding free or affordable activities for families. You've got me curious - what other recycled materials do you use for your arts and crafts?
As mentioned, my secret weapon is saving those plastic bags! Their shiny, colored surfaces can be cut up and stuck together to create beautiful rainbows, or made into collage art. Toilet paper rolls and old newspapers/magazines are some other favorites - they're excellent for making models and origami figures with the kids. And of course, a good old cardboard box never fails to entertain. We turn them into houses, rockets, hats..the possibilities are endless! :)

As mentioned, my secret weapon is saving those plastic bags! Their shiny, colored surfaces can be cut up and stuck together to create beautiful rainbows, or made into collage art. Toilet paper rolls and old newspapers/magazines are some other favorites - they're excellent for making models and origami figures with the kids. And of course, a good old cardboard box never fails to entertain. We turn them into houses, rockets, hats..the possibilities are endless! :)
Cardboard boxes... now that brings me back to my childhood! My mum would keep the really big ones from her grocery shopping and I'd decorate them to make my very own doll house. Happy memories! I also recall making origami swans out of those magazines you mentioned, though I could never get the folding right!

Cardboard boxes... now that brings me back to my childhood! My mum would keep the really big ones from her grocery shopping and I'd decorate them to make my very own doll house. Happy memories! I also recall making origami swans out of those magazines you mentioned, though I could never get the folding right!
Those are lovely memories! I'm sure you're making similar special moments with your kids :). Not all of us are naturally crafty, but fortunately, there are many other ways to frugally entertain our little ones.

Those are lovely memories! I'm sure you're making similar special moments with your kids :). Not all of us are naturally crafty, but fortunately, there are many other ways to frugally entertain our little ones.
You're right; not everyone enjoys crafts, and that's okay! There are indeed plenty of other ways to keep kids entertained without breaking the bank. Outings need not be expensive too - beach days or picnics in the park are excellent family bonding activities!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu