• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

From flying to frying: Former SIA cabin crew leaves job to begin new adventure as hawker in Woodlands

Some people do appreciate the satisfaction that comes from cooking and serving good food. Could be a passion or entrepreneurial spirit as you said earlier on.
I agree. There's a certain sense of fulfillment that comes with cooking and feeding people delicious food. It's a heartwarming experience to see others enjoy your creations.

You're right; ergonomic shoes could be an essential investment for her new role! That's something we often overlook when we don't work in such demanding roles ourselves.
It's surprising how crucial something as simple as shoes can be to the overall comfort and enjoyment of a job. I wonder if she went for the classic checkered clogs that some chefs wear, or perhaps a more sneaky pair of sneakers for that extra comfort. Little things like these can make a world of difference!

There's a wealth of insights and experiences to harvest from this intriguing career switch. One could speculate a whole host of reasons, but the former cabin crew's revelations would certainly be the cherry on top! No pun intended. 😅
Haha! That's quite a funny one. I'd love to hear her thoughts too, especially on the comparison between both careers.

Her actions spoke loudly enough - there's a story to be heard. But yes, I do think it's wise not to assume we know why she made this decision. Best to let Cherry speak for herself.
True that! Better not to make assumptions.

Reactions: mamamia
The grass isn't always greener on the other side.
I've come across a few ex-cabin crews who left the industry to pursue a "less stressful" career, only to return because they actually missed the adrenaline rush and excitement that came with the job.

• Love
Reactions: stargazer
You're right! I can't agree more that comfortable shoes would help, and chef shoes with good support could make all the difference. It's wise of her to prioritize this, as many people don't realize how crucial this is until they experience the discomfort themselves.
Many a time, people succumb to the allure of pretty shoes... till reality bites :p

• Love
Reactions: cissy and travelmum
Some people have the misconception that it's all glitz and glam when it comes to working in the F&B industry, especially as a hawker. looks like hard work and dedication!
The physical demands are often underrated!

You're right; ergonomic shoes could be an essential investment for her new role! That's something we often overlook when we don't work in such demanding roles ourselves.
You've been quiet and observant, cherrypoppy. Welcome back! It can be easy to forget about the basics like good footwear until it becomes a problem. It's great to have your input on this.

I've come across a few ex-cabin crews who left the industry to pursue a "less stressful" career, only to return because they actually missed the adrenaline rush and excitement that came with the job.
Sometimes, the unpredictability of a job is what gives it character and makes it interesting.

That's true; we only see the tip of the iceberg!
It's quite a humble shift in careers too, given that she could have continued being a cabin crew. I wonder what personal values inspired this change of heart.

• Love
Reactions: wellness
This new adventure might be daunting for some, but I'm sure Cherry has her reasons. It'll be interesting to witness her journey unfold. Keep the insights coming, folks!
Mmmm.... There is no folk here but only real people sharing real experiences. Iceberg Focus much? Haha!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu