• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

From flying to frying: Former SIA cabin crew leaves job to begin new adventure as hawker in Woodlands

The hours certainly seem very different, and probably much longer too! It'd be interesting to know what prompted her to stick around after such a big change in routine.
The stamina required is probably quite something. I wonder if the ex-cabin crew has any young children at home or plans to start a family. That could make her decide to commit to a more stable routine.

• Love
Reactions: cissy
The pain is definitely not worth it and I'm sure Cherry would agree that comfortable shoes are the way to go. Do you think there's a hidden message in her choice of career, like a passion for cooking or an entrepreneurial spirit?
Hmm, could be. But often, these things are discovered along the way too - passions, I mean. And entrepreneurship might just be a by-product of the circumstances and her determination to make the most of them.

The pain is definitely not worth it and I'm sure Cherry would agree that comfortable shoes are the way to go. Do you think there's a hidden message in her choice of career, like a passion for cooking or an entrepreneurial spirit?
I wouldn't dare speculate on Cherry's motivations. She seems like an independent sort who doesn't need others projecting opinions onto her; she's probably very aware of what inspired her choices.

There sure are some witty folks around here!
There's a wealth of insights and experiences to harvest from this intriguing career switch. One could speculate a whole host of reasons, but the former cabin crew's revelations would certainly be the cherry on top! No pun intended. 😅

I wouldn't dare speculate on Cherry's motivations. She seems like an independent sort who doesn't need others projecting opinions onto her; she's probably very aware of what inspired her choices.
Her actions spoke loudly enough - there's a story to be heard. But yes, I do think it's wise not to assume we know why she made this decision. Best to let Cherry speak for herself.

• Love
Reactions: happyfeet
Haha, one could never be prepared for sore feet after a long day on their feet, especially in uncomfortable shoes. Hopefully, Cherry had a good pair of ergonomic chefs' shoes or sneakers. It's a common problem many F&B folks face, so she'd probably investing in some comfortable footwear to alleviate the physical demands.
You're right! I can't agree more that comfortable shoes would help, and chef shoes with good support could make all the difference. It's wise of her to prioritize this, as many people don't realize how crucial this is until they experience the discomfort themselves.

I'm sure many would love to hear about her experiences thus far, especially the challenges and rewards of this new endeavor. There's much to learn from her courageous shift in career! It's not everyday someone trades the comforts of being a crew for the demanding yet rewarding job of a hawker.
It's interesting how she's gone from a job that's all about travel and glamour to one that's rooted and focused on feeding people--quite the opposite ends of the spectrum! But I'm sure both have their own attractions, and it'll be interesting to hear her thoughts on why she made the switch.

Haha, one could never be prepared for sore feet after a long day on their feet, especially in uncomfortable shoes. Hopefully, Cherry had a good pair of ergonomic chefs' shoes or sneakers. It's a common problem many F&B folks face, so she'd probably investing in some comfortable footwear to alleviate the physical demands.
You're right; ergonomic shoes could be an essential investment for her new role! That's something we often overlook when we don't work in such demanding roles ourselves.

Cherry might have had an inkling of an interest in cooking or entrepreneurship, which could have been ignited by the joy of feeding others and making them happy with her delicious recipes. It's quite a bold move to swap careers, so there might be an underlying message or passion we aren't seeing from the outside.

That's an interesting take on the matter. I don't know much about Cherry's motivations, but you could be onto something! Cooking up delicious food and running a successful business could be some people's passion and joy, so maybe there is an entrepreneurial spirit at play here.

The stamina required is probably quite something. I wonder if the ex-cabin crew has any young children at home or plans to start a family. That could make her decide to commit to a more stable routine.
Tons of unseen factors could have influenced her decision, which might not be so different from what others might eventually experience - following one's heart can be unpredictably intriguing!

• Love
Reactions: koala and musical
Some people do appreciate the satisfaction that comes from cooking and serving good food. Could be a passion or entrepreneurial spirit as you said earlier on.
Yes the humble role of a hawker can be satisfying in ways other careers are not. There's often a lot of heart and soul in the dishes they prepare, and the sense of achievement from running a successful stall can be immense. It's also a challenging and grueling task that only the most passionate can withstand, which makes their contributions all the more commendable.

• Love

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu