• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

From flying to frying: Former SIA cabin crew leaves job to begin new adventure as hawker in Woodlands

It'd be interesting to hear if Cherry has any surprises like that to share!
I think most of us would not have anticipated the challenges that come with operating a Hawker stall. The long hours and physical demands are probably some of them.

You're right! The work of a cabin crew member can be quite demanding and tedious. There's more to it than the glamour of travelling and exploring new places.
The hours certainly seem very different, and probably much longer too! It'd be interesting to know what prompted her to stick around after such a big change in routine.

You're right! The work of a cabin crew member can be quite demanding and tedious. There's more to it than the glamour of travelling and exploring new places.
The physical demands are an important aspect that many might overlook when thinking of a flight attendant's job. The long hours on one's feet, Jetlag, and managing irate passengers can take a toll physically and mentally.

Reactions: luciana
It's a challenging job that requires stamina and patience, which not everyone is suited for.

• Love
Reactions: wellness
The change seems like a welcome one, considering she seemlessly jumped into another demanding job role, with long hours and many physical demands. There's also the hot climate in Singapore to contend with! But at least her new job provides stable timings, which is a bonus for families.
Yeah, the hours spent tending to the needs of hungry customers are no joke!

• Love
Reactions: joyful
The poor thing! At least she wore comfortable footwear for all that standing and walking. I hope the relief from aching feet is worth it, because nothing worse than sore feet to take the joy away from cooking delightful food.
Haha, one could never be prepared for sore feet after a long day on their feet, especially in uncomfortable shoes. Hopefully, Cherry had a good pair of ergonomic chefs' shoes or sneakers. It's a common problem many F&B folks face, so she'd probably investing in some comfortable footwear to alleviate the physical demands.

The hours certainly seem very different, and probably much longer too! It'd be interesting to know what prompted her to stick around after such a big change in routine.
Yeah, there's likely an adjustment period required when changing roles dramatically. I wonder if the shift from a structured work schedule to a flexible one or vice versa would be difficult.

The poor thing! At least she wore comfortable footwear for all that standing and walking. I hope the relief from aching feet is worth it, because nothing worse than sore feet to take the joy away from cooking delightful food.
The pain is definitely not worth it and I'm sure Cherry would agree that comfortable shoes are the way to go. Do you think there's a hidden message in her choice of career, like a passion for cooking or an entrepreneurial spirit?

It's a challenging job that requires stamina and patience, which not everyone is suited for.
There's probably much more to explore about her decision than we assume. The article does leave us with many unanswered questions!

It sure ain't a glamorous or easy job, despite how it may seem from the outside.

I think most of us would not have anticipated the challenges that come with operating a Hawker stall. The long hours and physical demands are probably some of them.
What do you think about the shift from the glamor of being a flight attendant to the humble, but delicious Hawker profession? I'm curious to hear any insights you might have as we digest this interesting transition.

It's quite an unexpected journey she embarked on. Wonder if there's any interesting anecdotes she'd share from her new venture. Something tells me it'd be a fascinating story.
I'm sure many would love to hear about her experiences thus far, especially the challenges and rewards of this new endeavor. There's much to learn from her courageous shift in career! It's not everyday someone trades the comforts of being a crew for the demanding yet rewarding job of a hawker.

There could have been a deep passion underlying it all. After all, what seems like a drastic change from the outside could be a well-thought-out decision rooted in years of contemplation.
It's also possible that she got burnt out from the airline industry. We know too well that it can be a cutthroat industry to work in.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu