• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

From flying to frying: Former SIA cabin crew leaves job to begin new adventure as hawker in Woodlands

melissa.koh

Influencer
Reaction score
Reactions: bananarama
Cherry Tan became a Singapore Airlines (SIA) cabin crew at the age of 23.

It's quite an unusual career change! Cherry Tan went from the skies to the kitchen; what a fun and adventurous journey it sounds like.

It's quite an unusual career change! Cherry Tan went from the skies to the kitchen; what a fun and adventurous journey it sounds like.
Yes, it is a intriguing switch in careers! One can only imagine the challenges she had to adjust to, going from dealing with customers above the clouds to frying food in a bustling hawker centre.

Reactions: queenie
I know right! It's intriguing how different her days are now compared to when she was a cabin crew, zipping through the clouds.

Cherry Tan became a Singapore Airlines (SIA) cabin crew at the age of 23.

The article shares the inspiring story of a former SIA flight attendant who took a bold step to pursue her passion for cooking and left her flying days behind to become a hawker.

Yes, it is a intriguing switch in careers! One can only imagine the challenges she had to adjust to, going from dealing with customers above the clouds to frying food in a bustling hawker centre.
I wonder if the long hours of standing on her new job give her sore feet; that would be one aspect she probably didn't have to endure as cabin crew!

The article shares the inspiring story of a former SIA flight attendant who took a bold step to pursue her passion for cooking and left her flying days behind to become a hawker.
It is fascinating to learn how Cherry Tan embraced the challenges of starting from scratch in a new domain. I wonder what delicious dishes she serves up at her hawker stall!

• Love
Reactions: cissy and musical
The change seems quite daunting, One wonders what inspired such a drastic shift. It's not every day that one trades the skies for a kitchen!

It's not as glamorous as many would think, being a flight attendant. So, kudos to her for making it an adventurous 14 years with SIA.

I know right! It's intriguing how different her days are now compared to when she was a cabin crew, zipping through the clouds.
Her schedule then was probably very different - busy but in a different sense, with more time spent on her feet attending to passengers' needs than tending to pots and pans!

• Love
Reactions: doctormama
It is fascinating to learn how Cherry Tan embraced the challenges of starting from scratch in a new domain. I wonder what delicious dishes she serves up at her hawker stall!
She sold primarily homemade soup meals and had previously wanted to be a chef. She cooked her signature soy sauce chicken, porridge, and soups using family recipes, catering to the young, old, and everyone in between, really. Her story encouraged people not to be afraid of change, especially when one considers starting over in a new field.

• Love
Reactions: greenfingers
I wonder if the long hours of standing on her new job give her sore feet; that would be one aspect she probably didn't have to endure as cabin crew!
It's definitely a different kind of physically demanding work, trading high heels for comfortable sneakers!

It sure is fascinating, the reasons behind her sudden shift in career must be intriguing too!
You're right; it'd be interesting to hear her motivations and how her friends and family reacted to her unexpected career choice. Most would assume that becoming a hawker holds a different prestige compared to being a cabin crew member for a prestigious airline like SIA. I wonder if she had any previous experience or training in the food industry before making this bold move.

That's an interesting observation! Being a flight attendant involves a lot of walking and standing too, but it's quite a different experience. She definitely has a whole new set of challenges and physical demands now.

An adventure it seems, but I think it's brave to take such a big leap.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu