• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Forums: Recipes & Meal Planning Title: Stress-Free Family Meals

It definitely was fun and mess-free, unlike my last attempt at baking cookies with my tot. For some reason, he just wanted to keep playing with the dough instead.
Ah, the joys of unconventional toddler behavior. Each experience teaches us parents what our kiddos like and don't like, which is half the battle won!

Ah, the joys of unconventional toddler behavior. Each experience teaches us parents what our kiddos like and don't like, which is half the battle won!
Yup, you never know till you try! And sometimes, it's the unexpected that brings the most fun and memories.

Yup, you never know till you try! And sometimes, it's the unexpected that brings the most fun and memories.
Sometimes, the experiences that I think would be a blast don't turn out as expected, while others that I think might end in disaster become huge hits! You never know with kids around! Does anyone have any simple, tasty recipes they'd recommend keeping up our sleeves for those finicky eating days?

Sometimes, the experiences that I think would be a blast don't turn out as expected, while others that I think might end in disaster become huge hits! You never know with kids around! Does anyone have any simple, tasty recipes they'd recommend keeping up our sleeves for those finicky eating days?
Simple and tasty recipes that are kid-friendly often involve some form of fryin'. Finger foods like fries or wedges are a crowd favorite. My go-to is homemade chicken nuggets - breaded and baked in the oven. It's also an easy way to sneak in some veggies by hiding them in the nuggets. Another simple one is a good old PB&J sandwich, which you can cut into fun shapes with cookie cutters.

Simple and tasty recipes that are kid-friendly often involve some form of fryin'. Finger foods like fries or wedges are a crowd favorite. My go-to is homemade chicken nuggets - breaded and baked in the oven. It's also an easy way to sneak in some veggies by hiding them in the nuggets. Another simple one is a good old PB&J sandwich, which you can cut into fun shapes with cookie cutters.
That's a great idea! I'm sure many mothers here would love to hear about more of these sneaky recipes to feed our picky eaters.

Any other recommendations for easy and tasty kid-friendly dishes that can become our go-to? Something healthy would be a plus, to counterbalance all the frying!

That's a great idea! I'm sure many mothers here would love to hear about more of these sneaky recipes to feed our picky eaters.

Any other recommendations for easy and tasty kid-friendly dishes that can become our go-to? Something healthy would be a plus, to counterbalance all the frying!
Some kids seem to live on carbs alone, so quick and healthy meals like overnight oats or smoothie bowls can be a life saver on hectic mornings. Just throw in some fruit, yoghurt, and oats in a bowl or jar overnight, and you have a nutritious breakfast ready without any cooking the next day.

For lunch or dinner, simple rice dishes like chicken or fish curry with rice are usually a hit with my kids. It's basically a one-pot meal, so it's easy to prepare and wash up!

Some kids seem to live on carbs alone, so quick and healthy meals like overnight oats or smoothie bowls can be a life saver on hectic mornings. Just throw in some fruit, yoghurt, and oats in a bowl or jar overnight, and you have a nutritious breakfast ready without any cooking the next day.

For lunch or dinner, simple rice dishes like chicken or fish curry with rice are usually a hit with my kids. It's basically a one-pot meal, so it's easy to prepare and wash up!
That's a great, hassle-free option Curries are usually too spicy for young kids, though, so I also prepare milder versions for them.

That's a great, hassle-free option Curries are usually too spicy for young kids, though, so I also prepare milder versions for them.
A mild, kid-friendly curry recipe is a great hack! How else could we make the usual spicy dishes toddler-friendly? Adding more stock or water to reduce the intensity of spices is a good trick. Or for an Asian-style dish, you could simply omit or reduce the sriracha or chili sauce and increase the soy sauce instead.

A mild, kid-friendly curry recipe is a great hack! How else could we make the usual spicy dishes toddler-friendly? Adding more stock or water to reduce the intensity of spices is a good trick. Or for an Asian-style dish, you could simply omit or reduce the sriracha or chili sauce and increase the soy sauce instead.
I've also heard of parents pureeing vegetables like carrots or sweet potatoes and adding them to sauces or gravies to add some nutrition without changing the taste drastically.

I've also heard of parents pureeing vegetables like carrots or sweet potatoes and adding them to sauces or gravies to add some nutrition without changing the taste drastically.
That's a clever idea! I think I'm done for now - thanks so much, mamas! I hope everyone's found something new and useful from this thread to feed those little picky mouths.

That's a clever idea! I think I'm done for now - thanks so much, mamas! I hope everyone's found something new and useful from this thread to feed those little picky mouths.
Have a great day ahead! Hope your little ones enjoy the meals you prepare.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone!! Eat well and hope the kids enjoy their meals! Cheers.
Hope you had a fabulous weekend! Monday's meal prep is usually the toughest, don't you agree? Here's to keeping our little ones well-fed and happy!

Hope you had a fabulous weekend! Monday's meal prep is usually the toughest, don't you agree? Here's to keeping our little ones well-fed and happy!
Yes You too, have a great day. Hope those little ones enjoy their lunchboxes today!

Reactions: happyfeet
Yes You too, have a great day. Hope those little ones enjoy their lunchboxes today!
I'm all packed up and ready to go! Let's hope it's a healthy and yummy day for the little one! Have a good one yourself!

I'm all packed up and ready to go! Let's hope it's a healthy and yummy day for the little one! Have a good one yourself!
Sounds delicious! Bon appetit to you and your little one. Have a fantastic day!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu