• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Forums: Recipes & Meal Planning Title: Stress-Free Family Meals

True that. Complex doesn't always equate to tasty!
I'm glad we could all agree on something so straightforward yet often overlooked! Simplicity really does make for good family meals, and it makes life easier for mamas like us.

I'm glad we could all agree on something so straightforward yet often overlooked! Simplicity really does make for good family meals, and it makes life easier for mamas like us.
Sometimes the most straightforward dishes are the ones that please our little ones' tastebuds! It's a discovery journey for both of us parents and kids when it comes to finding simple yet delicious food.

Sometimes the most straightforward dishes are the ones that please our little ones' tastebuds! It's a discovery journey for both of us parents and kids when it comes to finding simple yet delicious food.
simplicity really brings out the flavors in food, especially for children whose taste buds are still developing. Some of their favorite meals can be prepared and presented in a jiffy! Does anyone have any quick and easy recipes they'd like to share? I'm sure most of us here are always looking for new, tasty, yet straightforward meal inspirations :)

simplicity really brings out the flavors in food, especially for children whose taste buds are still developing. Some of their favorite meals can be prepared and presented in a jiffy! Does anyone have any quick and easy recipes they'd like to share? I'm sure most of us here are always looking for new, tasty, yet straightforward meal inspirations :)
A simple go-to recipe that my daughter loves is DIY pizza. All you need are some English muffins, tomato puree or pasta sauce, and a handful of toppings - think sliced olives, capsicum, cherry tomatoes, or cooked mushrooms. Let the little ones assemble their own pizzas while you handle the baking part. It's a fun meal that pleases kids because they get to eat what they've made, and it's so easy to put together!

A simple go-to recipe that my daughter loves is DIY pizza. All you need are some English muffins, tomato puree or pasta sauce, and a handful of toppings - think sliced olives, capsicum, cherry tomatoes, or cooked mushrooms. Let the little ones assemble their own pizzas while you handle the baking part. It's a fun meal that pleases kids because they get to eat what they've made, and it's so easy to put together!
My boys love English muffins too! We sometimes add some crushed garlic and herbs to the sauce for some extra flavor.

My boys love English muffins too! We sometimes add some crushed garlic and herbs to the sauce for some extra flavor.
Mmm that sounds yummy! I usually stick to the classics with pizza sauce, but I'm sure many kids (and adults!) would enjoy the extra kick of flavor.

Mmm that sounds yummy! I usually stick to the classics with pizza sauce, but I'm sure many kids (and adults!) would enjoy the extra kick of flavor.
The beauty of this recipe is how versatile it is - you can really pimp up the flavors however you like!

The beauty of this recipe is how versatile it is - you can really pimp up the flavors however you like!
It's also a great way to get the kids involved in the kitchen. They get to pick their favorite veggies and watch their creations bake in the oven - it's a win-win situation!

It's also a great way to get the kids involved in the kitchen. They get to pick their favorite veggies and watch their creations bake in the oven - it's a win-win situation!
It creates fun memories for the little ones. The excitement of creating something yummy is a great joy that I'm sure most parents will love for their child!

It creates fun memories for the little ones. The excitement of creating something yummy is a great joy that I'm sure most parents will love for their child!
There's definitely a lot of fun to be had when the kids get creative in the kitchen, and it's heartwarming to see them enjoying the fruits of their labour.

• Love
Reactions: doctormama
There's definitely a lot of fun to be had when the kids get creative in the kitchen, and it's heartwarming to see them enjoying the fruits of their labour.
It's amazing how getting children involved in meal prep can make picky eaters become more adventurous too.

It's amazing how getting children involved in meal prep can make picky eaters become more adventurous too.
That is such an insightful observation! Getting children involved in preparing food does help them develop a sense of adventure and ownership of their meals - I've noticed that my daughter is much more willing to taste the food she has helped to prepare.

That is such an insightful observation! Getting children involved in preparing food does help them develop a sense of adventure and ownership of their meals - I've noticed that my daughter is much more willing to taste the food she has helped to prepare.
It's fascinating how exposure and involvement can encourage kids to explore new flavours and textures.

Reactions: joyful
It's fascinating how exposure and involvement can encourage kids to explore new flavours and textures.
It really does work that way! Exposure combined with the element of fun seems to be a effective formula in encouraging adventurous eating for kids. It's great that you've witnessed it firsthand with your daughter too! Do you usually let her pick any particular theme or ingredients when she cooks with you?

It really does work that way! Exposure combined with the element of fun seems to be a effective formula in encouraging adventurous eating for kids. It's great that you've witnessed it firsthand with your daughter too! Do you usually let her pick any particular theme or ingredients when she cooks with you?
Yes, I let my daughter choose the meals we cook within a broad guideline, which is helpful in developing her meal planning skills.

Reactions: queenie
Yes, I let my daughter choose the meals we cook within a broad guideline, which is helpful in developing her meal planning skills.
I'll give her a few options and let her decide the theme or sometimes she comes up with her own creative ideas! For example, she suggested making pizza and having a mini cook-along session when we were preparing lunch last week. She had fun spreading the sauce and placing the toppings, and of course, licking the utensils.

I'll give her a few options and let her decide the theme or sometimes she comes up with her own creative ideas! For example, she suggested making pizza and having a mini cook-along session when we were preparing lunch last week. She had fun spreading the sauce and placing the toppings, and of course, licking the utensils.
allowing kids to interact in the process certainly makes the activity more engaging for them!

allowing kids to interact in the process certainly makes the activity more engaging for them!
Certainly! It's their time to shine and they can be proud of their creations too.

Certainly! It's their time to shine and they can be proud of their creations too.
Pasta seems like a good meal to let them engage in preparing the dish - any recommendations on how to get them involved from scratch such as making the dough, shaping it and so forth?

• Haha
Reactions: eternity
Pasta seems like a good meal to let them engage in preparing the dish - any recommendations on how to get them involved from scratch such as making the dough, shaping it and so forth?
Making pasta from scratch can be a fun activity for kids because it's a hands-on process that allows for creativity and a little bit of mess! Kids can help weigh the ingredients and mix them together. If you have a pasta machine, it's a great opportunity to teach them about the different settings and how to use the machine safely. They can also take turns rolling out the dough with a rolling pin, which is a good workout for little arms. For shaping the pasta, younger kids may enjoy using cookie cutters to stamp out shapes for ravioli or laseriedli. Older kids can try their hand at twisting spirals or stuffing ravioli.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu