• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Feeding Tribulations

I exclusively pumped for my first born for six months. It was a real chore, especially having to wash and sterilize pump parts after every session, which could be three or four times daily. Sterilizing bags while out and about was also such a hassle - having to remember to pack them, find hot water wherever I went, and then the embarrassment of asking restaurants/cafes for hot water, hah! I persevered because I wanted him to have the benefits of breastmilk, but man, it was tough, and I often felt trapped by the whole process.
The washing and sterilizing steps are a tedious part of the pumping experience! Remembering to pack those sterilizing bags and hunting for hot water sources outside the house sounds like quite the challenge. It's impressive how you stuck with it for six months! That perseverance paid off, giving your child the nutritious breastmilk you wanted him to have. It's wonderful that you're sharing these lessons learned so that other parents can benefit from your experience.

I exclusively pumped for my first born for six months. It was a real chore, especially having to wash and sterilize pump parts after every session, which could be three or four times daily. Sterilizing bags while out and about was also such a hassle - having to remember to pack them, find hot water wherever I went, and then the embarrassment of asking restaurants/cafes for hot water, hah! I persevered because I wanted him to have the benefits of breastmilk, but man, it was tough, and I often felt trapped by the whole process.
I'm glad you shared that, it's certainly not easy and it's good to acknowledge the challenges. Sterilization is a tedious task, and it's impressive that you maintained exclusive pumping for six months! It's also eye-opening to hear your experience with sterilizing on the go - definitely a challenge many new parents face. I hope other parents will chime in with their tips and experiences too so we can gather a bunch of helpful insights!

I feel ya! The sterilization step is such a boredom, especially when you're tired and sleep-deprived. Washing and soaking the pump parts became a lot easier for me once I got into the habit of doing them immediately after pumping rather than leaving them to stack up, which also ensured they were always ready for the next session. It's the little things! Remember, each feeding journey is unique, and it's okay to do what works best for you and your little one.

• Love
Reactions: queenie and cissy
As an event planner with a five year old, I can relate to the challenges of breastfeeding and the subsequent weaning process. Exclusively pumping for my daughter was a real challenge, as my milk supply was low due to my PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome). To increase my milk flow, I pumped every two hours and drank plenty of fluids with a balanced diet, which helped maintain a good milk supply.

It's a daunting task, but consistency and perseverance are key! Would love to hear others' experiences and tips too!
I feel ya on the pumping struggle, it's a demanding commitment! I'm glad you found some solutions to increase your milk supply; that's really encouraging for other moms out there.

it's fascinating how different our individual experiences can be, yet we often share common challenges. We just need a bit of solidarity and support to push through them. It's heartwarming to see parents helping each other out!

As an event planner with a five year old, I can relate to the challenges of breastfeeding and the subsequent weaning process. Exclusively pumping for my daughter was a real challenge, as my milk supply was low due to my PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome). To increase my milk flow, I pumped every two hours and drank plenty of fluids with a balanced diet, which helped maintain a good milk supply.

It's a daunting task, but consistency and perseverance are key! Would love to hear others' experiences and tips too!
I have not had personal struggles with breastfeeding, but as a supportive partner to my sister through her breastfeeding journey, I witnessed the challenges she faced. As an aunt, I'm proud of the perseverance and determination she showed in her commitment to breastfeeding her child. It was a tough road, especially with a newborn who struggled to latch. Sterilization and pumping equipment maintenance was a hassle for her too, but she found nursing covers helpful - they provided privacy and convenience when she ventured out. Also, cold storage helped keep the expressed milk frozen and safe for weeks, so it wasn't a worry when she went out without her child. Would the moms here recommend breastfeeding accessories that helped you through your journeys?

• Love
Reactions: lioness

The struggles of breastfeeding are real, and it's comforting to know that many parents have gone through similarfeeding tribulations. Keep the insights coming; you guys are awesome! As someone who has navigate these choppy waters, I appreciate the unique solutions we come up with as parents. It's a challenging but rewarding experience, teaching us just how resourceful and persistent we can be!

The weaning phase was a challenge for me because my kiddo had trouble transitioning to solid foods. He didn't seem interested in solids and would gag on lumpier textures, which caused some concern. To tackle this, I started with soft, mashed foods and gradually introduced chunkier consistencies, ensuring he had a balanced diet. It was a slow process, but we got there eventually!

As someone who has also dealt with breastfeeding challenges, I can relate to the struggles you've faced. It's wonderful that despite the difficulties, you were able to pump consistently and create a reliable milk supply for your daughter.

I find that sharing these stories helps us realize we're not alone in these struggles and provides an opportunity to learn new strategies. Keep those shared experiences coming!

I'm so glad to have found this thread because I've been struggling with breastfeeding my 3-month-old. It's been a battle from the start due to her latching issues. I've tried various techniques, but she just won't latch properly, which has led me down the path of exclusive pumping. And oh gosh, the pump equipment cleaning routine is so tedious! Sterilizing and drying each piece takes forever, especially when you have a needy baby. I'm considering trying some lactation cookies and teas to boost my supply as this struggle is taking a toll on me. Does anyone have any ready-made foods or drinks that helped them boost their milk supply?

Consistency is the keyword for surviving those relentless pumping sessions! As a nutritionist, I also recommend focusing on a healthy diet, staying hydrated, and getting sufficient rest - sometimes easier said than done, especially with a demanding toddler. But taking care of yourself is crucial to maintaining that precious milk supply and keeping your sanity.

My son is a fussy eater, so mealtimes can be interesting. Balancing his nutritional needs with his finicky preferences keeps things challenging. I usually sneak in nutrient-rich foods or blends to ensure he gets the best. It's a constant juggling act!

Consistency is the keyword for pumping mamas! It's encouraging to hear that you kept at it despite the challenges of PCOS, and I'm sure your experience will inspire other mothers here. Keep sharing the pumping survival stories; they're a great help to frazzled parents!

Exclusive pumping for my premmie was a challenge because my milk supply couldn't keep up with his demands. I supplemented with formula and Thankfully, he took to it without issues. Some would judge but hey, a fed baby is a happy baby!
That's true! Each baby is different and every feeding situation is unique. There's no one-size-fits-all approach, and it's great that you found a solution that worked for you and your premmie. Thanks for sharing your experience!

Exclusive pumping for my premmie was a challenge because my milk supply couldn't keep up with his demands. I supplemented with formula and Thankfully, he took to it without issues. Some would judge but hey, a fed baby is a happy baby!
That's the spirit! At the end of the day, a happy and well-fed baby is what matters, and you did your best! Many parents would understand the challenges and not judge; they've been through their own feeding struggles. Thanks for sharing!

That's right! Fed and content is the most important thing. Each mama has her unique challenges - good on you for doing what worked best for your premmie!

I agree, fed and happy babies are all that matters! It's great to hear you found a solution that worked for your premmie. It's quite the task keeping up with their delicate needs!

That's right! Fed and content are the goals, and sometimes formula is an absolute lifesaver. It's practical to be flexible with our feeding approaches and do what works for our babies. Thanks for sharing your experience!

Judgement from other people can be so harsh and uncalled for. You've made a great decision there - fed is best! Every situation is unique, and one must do what's best for their child and sanity. Thanks for sharing!

feeding our little ones is a challenging journey full of ups and downs. It's encouraging to hear how everyone has persevered and found solutions that worked for them. No judgment here - we're all just doing our best!

That's true; a fed and content baby is the main goal! It's great that you were able to find a solution that worked for you and your premmie. Each situation is unique, and parents should do what is best for their child and themselves. Thanks for sharing your experience!

I'm glad you found a solution that worked for you and your premmie. a happy and fed baby is all that matters, and every situation is different. Thanks for sharing your experience - it's encouraging to hear how others have navigated similar challenges.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu