• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Feeding Tribulations

bookworm

Top-Notch
Reaction score
I'm really struggling with feeding my new born, both breastfeeding and bottlefeeding!

When it comes to breastfeeding, my little one struggles to latch, and when she does she doesn't stay latched for long - which is exhausting for us both. I've tried all the tricks of the trade: football hold, pillow support, different positions, cold compresses, even lactation cookies (although who wouldn't want an excuse to eat cookies!). It's getting really tough and I'm starting to worry about my milk supply.

Bottle feeding is also difficult because my baby won't take the bottle - she just gums at it and ends up chewing on the teat which can be dangerous! I've tried different shaped teats, different flow rates, even different brands of bottles but nothing seems to work. She just doesn't seem interested in drinking from anything but me, which is fine in theory except that my supply isn't keeping up with her demand and she's getting frustrated - leading to lots of crying Baby and mama!

Does anybody have any tips or solutions? I'd love to hear your experiences and any wisdom you have to share!

I'm really struggling with feeding my new born, both breastfeeding and bottlefeeding!

When it comes to breastfeeding, my little one struggles to latch, and when she does she doesn't stay latched for long - which is exhausting for us both. I've tried all the tricks of the trade: football hold, pillow support, different positions, cold compresses, even lactation cookies (although who wouldn't want an excuse to eat cookies!). It's getting really tough and I'm starting to worry about my milk supply.

Bottle feeding is also difficult because my baby won't take the bottle - she just gums at it and ends up chewing on the teat which can be dangerous! I've tried different shaped teats, different flow rates, even different brands of bottles but nothing seems to work. She just doesn't seem interested in drinking from anything but me, which is fine in theory except that my supply isn't keeping up with her demand and she's getting frustrated - leading to lots of crying Baby and mama!

Does anybody have any tips or solutions? I'd love to hear your experiences and any wisdom you have to share!
I feel you, feeding struggles can be so frustrating and exhausting! Have you tried expressing your milk and offering it to her with a spoon or cup feeder? It might bypass the latching issue and give your breasts a rest. Also, for bottle feeding, do consider silicone pouches that you can squeeze to increase milk flow as your little one gums and chews away. These were lifesavers for me when my kids refused bottles too!

I feel you, feeding struggles can be so frustrating and exhausting! Have you tried expressing your milk and offering it to her with a spoon or cup feeder? It might bypass the latching issue and give your breasts a rest. Also, for bottle feeding, do consider silicone pouches that you can squeeze to increase milk flow as your little one gums and chews away. These were lifesavers for me when my kids refused bottles too!
The pouch feeder sounds like an interesting product - the variation in flow might just do the trick! Will definitely give it a go, thank you! It's good to have some backup options, especially when supply is low; been considering expressing and storing milk, so this might fit right into that plan. Didn't think of using a cup feeder though, that could be a good temporary solution while figuring out the latching issue. Hope your feeding journey has been smooth sailing!

The pouch feeder sounds like an interesting product - the variation in flow might just do the trick! Will definitely give it a go, thank you! It's good to have some backup options, especially when supply is low; been considering expressing and storing milk, so this might fit right into that plan. Didn't think of using a cup feeder though, that could be a good temporary solution while figuring out the latching issue. Hope your feeding journey has been smooth sailing!
That's a great idea to store expressed milk! It eases your mind knowing you have some backup stashed away. Cup feeders can be a mess but desperate times call for desperate measures! 😂 My feeding journey has been fairly straightforward, so I consider myself lucky, and those silicone pouches were definitely my secret weapon. Hope you'll find some relief soon! Keep us posted, and good luck!

That's a great idea to store expressed milk! It eases your mind knowing you have some backup stashed away. Cup feeders can be a mess but desperate times call for desperate measures! 😂 My feeding journey has been fairly straightforward, so I consider myself lucky, and those silicone pouches were definitely my secret weapon. Hope you'll find some relief soon! Keep us posted, and good luck!
Let's hope the latching issue gets better soon and the pouch works for you - it's survival mode when we do what we can to feed our hungry babes! Have a great weekend, and happy feeding! 😊

Let's hope the latching issue gets better soon and the pouch works for you - it's survival mode when we do what we can to feed our hungry babes! Have a great weekend, and happy feeding! 😊
Here's hoping the latching improves. I really appreciate your well wishes; have a fun-filled weekend too! :)

Here's hoping the latching improves. I really appreciate your well wishes; have a fun-filled weekend too! :)
Enjoy the rest of your weekend and hope your baby's appetite stays satisfied 😁!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and hope your baby's appetite stays satisfied 😁!
Thank you for all your tips on feeding! It has been most helpful and it sounds like some of you guys had quite the challenging time with feeding too. Hopefully, it gets better soon! Have a great week ahead!

Thank you for all your tips on feeding! It has been most helpful and it sounds like some of you guys had quite the challenging time with feeding too. Hopefully, it gets better soon! Have a great week ahead!
You're welcome! I'm glad our experiences could be of some help. Yeah, the challenges make for good stories down the road, so hopefully, things will get less stressful soon. Have an awesome week yourself! Keep us updated if you need any further wisdom :).

You're welcome! I'm glad our experiences could be of some help. Yeah, the challenges make for good stories down the road, so hopefully, things will get less stressful soon. Have an awesome week yourself! Keep us updated if you need any further wisdom :).
It's good to share experiences and gather tips to navigate this challenging phase. Thanks a bunch, have a fab week ahead and sending good vibes for easier feedings!

It's good to share experiences and gather tips to navigate this challenging phase. Thanks a bunch, have a fab week ahead and sending good vibes for easier feedings!
All the best and hope the challenges ease up soon! Have a fantastic week! 😊
Is there anything else I can help you with? Feel free to ask.

All the best and hope the challenges ease up soon! Have a fantastic week! 😊
Is there anything else I can help you with? Feel free to ask.
You guys are so helpful! I think I'm sorted now, thanks so much for all the tips and good vibes! Have a splendid day ahead!

You guys are so helpful! I think I'm sorted now, thanks so much for all the tips and good vibes! Have a splendid day ahead!
That's great to hear! Enjoy the rest of your day, and keep us posted should you require further assistance. Have a wonderful week!

That's great to hear! Enjoy the rest of your day, and keep us posted should you require further assistance. Have a wonderful week!
Yes enjoy the weekend and stay blessed! Keep the useful advice coming, ladies! :)

Yes enjoy the weekend and stay blessed! Keep the useful advice coming, ladies! :)
There's nothing like a supportive mom squad for some good, practical tips! Have a fantastic week yourself and do check in if any feed-related dilemmas pop up again.

There's nothing like a supportive mom squad for some good, practical tips! Have a fantastic week yourself and do check in if any feed-related dilemmas pop up again.
You too, have a fantastic week! Yes, it's reassuring to know that many moms have been through similar situations and we can lean on each other for advice and encouragement. latching issues were some of the problems I had too and it took a while to figure out what worked best. It's a phase most mums go through so others' experiences really help! Have a good one!

You too, have a fantastic week! Yes, it's reassuring to know that many moms have been through similar situations and we can lean on each other for advice and encouragement. latching issues were some of the problems I had too and it took a while to figure out what worked best. It's a phase most mums go through so others' experiences really help! Have a good one!
Feeding troubles are common, glad we could help! Most mums' experiences can really make a difference in giving advice for such situations. Have a lovely weekend ahead!

Feeding troubles are common, glad we could help! Most mums' experiences can really make a difference in giving advice for such situations. Have a lovely weekend ahead!
It is reassuring to know that difficulties in feeding are normal and short-lived. Enjoy the rest of your day, and keep the useful tips coming!

It is reassuring to know that difficulties in feeding are normal and short-lived. Enjoy the rest of your day, and keep the useful tips coming!
it's helpful to know we're not alone in our feeding struggles. Hope you have a peaceful and relaxing weekend, everyone!

it's helpful to know we're not alone in our feeding struggles. Hope you have a peaceful and relaxing weekend, everyone!
Hope your feedings woes end soon! Do enjoy the rest of your weekend and have a great week ahead!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu