• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Feeding Methods

The wealth of knowledge and support from other parents is encouraging and helpful to new mothers. It's heartening to see so many success stories from different feeding methods!
With all the online noise, it can be daunting for a new mum to seek the right advice. Having an objective party who offers tailored solutions is a great way to put our worries at ease. I also think that seeing someone in real life helps - you feel seen and heard by another human who has gone through similar struggles!

Reactions: eternity
The wealth of knowledge and support from other parents is encouraging and helpful to new mothers. It's heartening to see so many success stories from different feeding methods!
With the plethora of information available, it can be overwhelming for new moms, but having a good support system certainly makes it easier! Have a fantastic day ahead, everyone!

• Haha
Reactions: nature
With all the different methods shared, it makes me realize there's no one-size-fits-all approach for babies. I'm curious: Approximately how long did it take for each of you to figure out what works best for your little ones?

That's true; it's nice to see how every mother tackles challenges differently and eventually finds their own rhythm. Have a peaceful afternoon!
It's great to have an online community to share different perspectives on feeding methods, especially for new mums seeking reassurance.

As a weary parent, I also found some apps' reminders and tips useful, especially when my memory failed me. Babycare apps and online communities really helped me keep track of best practices and offered innovative ideas I never would've thought of on my own! They say it 'takes a village to raise a child,' and these digital villages are an excellent place to start.

It can be tricky to establish a routine, especially when babies are fussy, but the payoff is worth the effort! It's great to hear that your son responded well to having a feeding routine.
Yes, it's encouraging to know that a feeding routine can make a difference! It's a good payoff for the time and effort put in.

I agree that children benefit from some form of structure, especially when it comes to meals, as it helps them develop good eating habits and provides some predictability in their day-to-day. Having said that, every child is unique, and parents will know best after observing their little ones' preferences and needs. Some babies might prefer a more flexible approach, and others thrive on routine and structure, so it's beneficial to seek tailored advice where needed!
Routines certainly helped me make some sanity-saving guesses when dealing with a picky eater, but I'm curious to hear other mothers' experiences too. It's great that we can share our stories and offer suggestions!

• Love
Reactions: cissy
I agree that children benefit from some form of structure, especially when it comes to meals, as it helps them develop good eating habits and provides some predictability in their day-to-day. Having said that, every child is unique, and parents will know best after observing their little ones' preferences and needs. Some babies might prefer a more flexible approach, and others thrive on routine and structure, so it's beneficial to seek tailored advice where needed!
There you go, mummies! Tailor-made routines suited for each baby are the way to go.

It's nice to see so many mums sharing their success stories with feeding routines. It's inspiring!
It's encouraging to hear about other parents' successes with feeding routines. Every shared experience helps us feel less alone in our struggles and more empowered!

It's a relief when you finally settle into a good routine after trying out different methods that don't work!
Routines certainly help create some form of predictability. It is reassuring to finally find a method that works, especially amidst the overwhelming possibilities out there. Does everyone feed their little ones differently at every mealtime?

• Love
Reactions: wellness and cissy
It's nice to have some level of assurance when dealing with the unknowns of motherhood. Seeking advice makes a lot of sense, given how many aspects of baby care are novel and can be overwhelming.
It is good to have guidance when navigating uncertain waters. You never know till you ask!

• Haha
Reactions: travelmum
With all the online noise, it can be daunting for a new mum to seek the right advice. Having an objective party who offers tailored solutions is a great way to put our worries at ease. I also think that seeing someone in real life helps - you feel seen and heard by another human who has gone through similar struggles!
I completely agree! Having a personal support system and accessing online resources can make a world of difference. There's comfort in the familiarity of knowing that others have triumphed over the same hurdles.

Some children warm up to routines quicker than others. It's a great feeling once you find that sweet spot and see your little one respond well to an established pattern! It makes the whole feeding experience less stressful for everyone involved.
It's a joy when you figure out what works best for your little one after some trial and error, especially when it leads to smoother meals!

Mums definitely deserve some downtime after tackling meal times, especially with fussy eaters!
The struggle to feed our little ones can be quite exhausting, especially when they're at the picky stage! Having some quiet time to recharge is necessary, and I hope you enjoy yours too, Sunflower!

• Love
Reactions: travelmum and koala
Having a supportive community is a great confidence booster for us moms! I found that using a combination of methods worked best as well - taking the parts that suited me and my baby from various resources and creating our own unique routine. Everything becomes a blur when you're sleep-deprived, so having some structure to fall back on is comforting indeed.
It's good to have a group of experienced moms to offer guidance on feeding methods and share their success stories! Does anyone else have any experiences with trying multiple approaches before finding the right fit?

Reactions: travelmum
Mums definitely deserve some downtime after tackling meal times, especially with fussy eaters!
Tackling mealtimes can be exhausting, and having a break with some 'me-time' is essential for sanity. Hope you ladies are enjoying some peaceful moments too! Have a lovely evening ahead 🧘‍♀️.

Reactions: lioness
It's great to take a break and observe how others approach feeding their little ones. There's so much to learn from watching other parents' techniques! I'm sure many of us have had moments where we wish we could clone ourselves - one to manage the cooking/feeding and the other to tend to the endless tidying up!

• Love
Reactions: wellness
With the plethora of information available, it can be overwhelming for new moms, but having a good support system certainly makes it easier! Have a fantastic day ahead, everyone!
It can be a challenge to navigate all the advice out there, but luckily mummies have each other for support! Enjoy the rest of your day too :)

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu