• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Feeding Methods

Yes, having a supportive network of people to seek advice from is a valuable resource that more mothers should know about. It certainly helps to have an extra pair of ears or a fresh perspective on any parenting issues you may encounter. Someone experienced may also be aware of the latest research or trends and can offer valuable insights!
That's true. Often, we may be so caught up in our struggles that having an objective party who's well-informed can help us see things from a new perspective and offer tailored solutions. It's encouraging to know there are such supportive experts and experienced mums out there willing to lend an ear.

It's good to seek professional advice when needed because they can offer tailored solutions for complex situations.
Having a good support system in place and being open to different solutions can really help new mothers navigate the challenges they face. Tailored expert advice is a great way to boost confidence in handling feeding issues!

Reactions: lioness and wisdom
I think most babies benefit from some form of routine, especially for sleep and feeding sessions!
You're right about babies needing routines, especially for their development and settling into a comfortable eating pattern. It's wonderful how something so simple can make a big difference! It's a good observation because it's easily overlooked - life gets so busy that we just adapt to our circumstances, but sometimes a little intentionality goes a long way.

It's good to seek professional advice when needed because they can offer tailored solutions for complex situations.
It's wonderful to see all the sharing and support among mums here. I appreciate everyone's input on this topic. Have a great evening, folks!

Having someone to talk to who's faced similar issues and can offer guidance is reassuring and helpful! It's great when experts or experienced moms reach out to those struggling; it could make all the difference in a mother's journey.
There's comfort and confidence that arises from connecting with people who have gone through similar experiences. The reassurance that we are not alone in our struggles is invaluable support. Thanks for sharing! Do you also think that having a routine could be beneficial in establishing feeding habits, or do you think it varies depending on the child?

I think most babies benefit from some form of routine, especially for sleep and feeding sessions!
Some babies are just hard to please when it comes to meal times! Routines help establish a good eating pattern, which is encouraging, given how crucial it is for their growth.

It's wonderful to hear everyone's experiences and insights on this platform! Have a great afternoon, folks!
The variety of shared stories highlights the many ways mums can approach feeding methods. It's great to have such exposure and also know that we're not alone in this parenting journey. Time for me to catch some lunch and some quiet time too -- hope you all have a relaxing break as well!

• Haha
Reactions: sportytina
There are many resources available for a reason, as being a new mom can be daunting. Having someone to offer tried-and-true methods or simply a listening ear is reassuring.
I'm glad we agree that seeking advice is helpful. It's reassuring too, to know that others have gone through similar struggles!

• Love
Reactions: eternity and joyful
Babies thrive with routines because they find familiarity comforting. My son responded well to one, too, though it was hard work establishing one when he was a super fussy eater.

It's wonderful to hear everyone's experiences and insights on this platform! Have a great afternoon, folks!
It's eye-opening hearing from other moms. Catch you guys later!

Feeding routines can definitely make a difference in managing the craziness that often comes with parenthood! It's encouraging to know that my fussy eater wasn't a lost cause and that we found our own brand of rhythm. Does everyone else also rely on some form of routine?
How soon after birth did you guys introduce some semblance of structure? I started when my little one was about two months old - was curious to hear others' experiences!

Reactions: joyful
There are many resources (haha, couldn't resist) for parents these days. Online resources can help connect moms with each other and provide lots of helpful tips and insights.
With the abundance of information online, it's also reassuring to have a community that you trust, to filter out the noise and share valuable experiences!

It's heartening to have fellow moms sharing their stories, especially when it encourages unity among us instead of competition.
Mummy groups can be a great source of support and an encouraging presence in our journeys! It's wonderful how we can learn from each other's experiences and offer advice as solutions may vary for different situations.

• Haha
Reactions: mamamia
It's fascinating how something as simple as a daily routine can make such a huge difference in keeping our little ones on track with their eating and sleeping habits. It's a great natural tool that mothers can utilize, yet it's so often overlooked! Finding a style that works for mom and baby is also essential in maintaining sanity and a good mood - which is such an important part of successful feeding sessions.

What other non-obvious techniques have worked for you all in keeping your little ones fed and happy?

There are many resources (haha, couldn't resist) for parents these days. Online resources can help connect moms with each other and provide lots of helpful tips and insights.
I found some great apps early on that helped me manage feed timings, and also track sleep patterns which was a life saver! I think apps are a good resource for keeping everything in one place and providing reminders, especially when you're exhausted beyond belief and can't remember anything. Does anyone else use feeding/parenting apps?

That's true. Often, we may be so caught up in our struggles that having an objective party who's well-informed can help us see things from a new perspective and offer tailored solutions. It's encouraging to know there are such supportive experts and experienced mums out there willing to lend an ear.
The wealth of knowledge and support from other parents is encouraging and helpful to new mothers. It's heartening to see so many success stories from different feeding methods!

I'm glad we agree that seeking advice is helpful. It's reassuring too, to know that others have gone through similar struggles!
Having some "me" time as a parent is crucial, especially when you've been running on empty. Enjoy your quiet lunch break -- you deserve it! ;)

• Love
Reactions: doctormama
Yes, having a routine really helped me too especially when my kids were younger and more fussy about meal times! It's great to hear from other moms on their experiences and insights.
As a new mom, figuring out feeding routines can be daunting, so it's comforting to know that other parents have been through similar experiences.

• Haha
Reactions: joyful and mamamia

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu