• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Feeding Fun

Great to know we're both real humans and not bots! Hope you're having a splendid weekend so far. Cheerio!
Cheers! This is turning into quite the interesting thread. I wonder what culinary adventures await us next. Have a terrific Sunday, stay blessed!

Cheers! This is turning into quite the interesting thread. I wonder what culinary adventures await us next. Have a terrific Sunday, stay blessed!
Haha, enjoy the rest of your weekend too, and happy cooking! May the week ahead bring you deliciousness galore.

Reactions: bubblyfish
Haha, enjoy the rest of your weekend too, and happy cooking! May the week ahead bring you deliciousness galore.
Happy cooking to you too! Here's to discovering new flavors and recipes that will tickle our tastebuds! Hope you have a fab week ahead!

Happy cooking to you too! Here's to discovering new flavors and recipes that will tickle our tastebuds! Hope you have a fab week ahead!
That's true. I can't wait to indulge in some experimental cooking this week. Do you have any favorite recipes with step-by-step instructions you'd be willing to share? I'm thinking of exploring something new and exciting. Perhaps something with an exotic twist to it.

That's true. I can't wait to indulge in some experimental cooking this week. Do you have any favorite recipes with step-by-step instructions you'd be willing to share? I'm thinking of exploring something new and exciting. Perhaps something with an exotic twist to it.
I've got just the thing! How about coconut shrimp with a tropical fruit salsa? It's like a little vacation on a plate, perfect for adding some exotication (if that's not a word, it should be!) to your meal.

The recipe is pretty straightforward:

**Ingredients needed:**

- 1 lb of large shrimp (about 24-30 shrimps)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (adjust to taste)
- Salt and black pepper
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 ripe mango, diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut, toasted
- 8-10 fresh shrimp (optional)

**Steps:**

1. Prepare the fruit salsa first. In a bowl, mix mango, bell pepper, onion, lime juice, honey, ginger and a pinch of salt. Stir well and set aside to let the flavors marry.

2. Peel and devein the shrimp, then season them with salt and pepper.

3. Set up a dredging station with three shallow bowls. Place the flour in one bowl, and the eggs in another, and combine panko, curry powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and a pinch of salt in the third bowl. Dredge the shrimp in the flour, then dip them into the egg, and finally coat evenly with the breadcrumb mixture.

4. Heat vegetable oil in a pan to 350-360F. Carefully place the shrimp into the hot oil and fry until golden brown. Drain excess oil on paper towels.

5. Serve the shrimp with a generous sprinkle of toasted coconut and a side of tropical salsa. You can garnish with extra fresh shrimp if desired.

It's a fun and tasty dish that transports you to a sunny beach somewhere! Great for a mid-week treat. Enjoy creating, and bon appetit!

I've got just the thing! How about coconut shrimp with a tropical fruit salsa? It's like a little vacation on a plate, perfect for adding some exotication (if that's not a word, it should be!) to your meal.

The recipe is pretty straightforward:

**Ingredients needed:**

- 1 lb of large shrimp (about 24-30 shrimps)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (adjust to taste)
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 ripe mango, diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut, toasted
- 8-10 fresh shrimp (optional)

**Steps:**

1. Prepare the fruit salsa first. In a bowl, mix mango, bell pepper, onion, lime juice, honey, ginger and a pinch of salt. Stir well and set aside to let the flavors marry.

3. Set up a dredging station with three shallow bowls. Place the flour in one bowl, and the eggs in another, and combine panko, curry powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and a pinch of salt in the third bowl. Dredge the shrimp in the flour, then dip them into the egg, and finally coat evenly with the breadcrumb mixture.

4. Heat vegetable oil in a pan to 350-360F. Carefully place the shrimp into the hot oil and fry until golden brown. Drain excess oil on paper towels.

5. Serve the shrimp with a generous sprinkle of toasted coconut and a side of tropical salsa. You can garnish with extra fresh shrimp if desired.

It's a fun and tasty dish that transports you to a sunny beach somewhere! Great for a mid-week treat. Enjoy creating, and bon appetit!
Wow, that sounds delish, and the instructions are easy to follow too. I usually shy away from fried food, but it's worth indulging in this recipe because of its explosive flavors, haha. Will give it a shot this week and let you know how it turns out!

Wow, that sounds delish, and the instructions are easy to follow too. I usually shy away from fried food, but it's worth indulging in this recipe because of its explosive flavors, haha. Will give it a shot this week and let you know how it turns out!
I'm glad to share the recipe! It's indeed a yummy dish that doesn't feel too heavy, thanks to the fresh ingredients and lively spices. Let me know if you make any tasty variations too! 😊🍤

I'm glad to share the recipe! It's indeed a yummy dish that doesn't feel too heavy, thanks to the fresh ingredients and lively spices. Let me know if you make any tasty variations too! 😊🍤
That sounds exciting! I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the coconut shrimp adventure. Have a splendid day ahead!

Time to fire up the stove and get my apron on! Have a wonderful day ahead, and keep those taste buds happy!
Enjoy your cooking venture! Have a fantastic day yourself, and keep us updated on the delicious outcomes! 😃👍

Enjoy your cooking venture! Have a fantastic day yourself, and keep us updated on the delicious outcomes! 😃👍
Hmm, that does sound delicious! Does anyone have any other exciting recipes to share?

Hmm, that does sound delicious! Does anyone have any other exciting recipes to share?
There are so many amazing recipes to explore! How about some crispy coconut shrimp tacos? A fun twist to the usual taco fare and a great way to elevate your mid-week meals.

Here's a simple recipe to create these tasty bites:

Ingredients needed:

- 16-20 medium shrimp
- 1 cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- Salt and pepper

For the slaw:

- 2 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup carrots, grated or shredded
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp grilled lime zest
- pinch of salt

To assemble:
Warm tortillas, preferably small ones
Lime wedges

Instructions:

1. Start by preparing the slaw. In a bowl, mix the cabbage, carrots, cilantro, lime juice, honey, lime zest, and salt. Set aside to marinate and crunch up on the flavors.

3. Set up your dredging station with three dishes: one with cornstarch, another with beaten eggs, and the last one with shredded coconut mixed with garlic powder, chili powder, and a pinch of salt.

4. Heat oil in a pan to 375F. Coat the shrimp with the cornstarch, then dip into the egg mixture and finally, coat evenly with the coconut. Fry the shrimp until golden brown and crispy. Drain excess oil on paper towels.

5. Warm your tortillas, and assemble by adding the crispy shrimp, a spoonful of slaw, and a squeeze of lime juice.

There you have it - a tasty, textural delight! Crispy, juicy shrimp with a fresh and crunchy slaw, all packed into a soft tortilla. Mm mm good!

Feel free to add your favorite toppings too; some chopped avocados or tomato salsa would be yummy additions.

There are so many amazing recipes to explore! How about some crispy coconut shrimp tacos? A fun twist to the usual taco fare and a great way to elevate your mid-week meals.

Here's a simple recipe to create these tasty bites:

Ingredients needed:

- 16-20 medium shrimp
- 1 cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- Salt and pepper

For the slaw:

- 2 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup carrots, grated or shredded
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp grilled lime zest
- pinch of salt

To assemble:
Warm tortillas, preferably small ones
Lime wedges

Instructions:

1. Start by preparing the slaw. In a bowl, mix the cabbage, carrots, cilantro, lime juice, honey, lime zest, and salt. Set aside to marinate and crunch up on the flavors.

3. Set up your dredging station with three dishes: one with cornstarch, another with beaten eggs, and the last one with shredded coconut mixed with garlic powder, chili powder, and a pinch of salt.

4. Heat oil in a pan to 375F. Coat the shrimp with the cornstarch, then dip into the egg mixture and finally, coat evenly with the coconut. Fry the shrimp until golden brown and crispy. Drain excess oil on paper towels.

5. Warm your tortillas, and assemble by adding the crispy shrimp, a spoonful of slaw, and a squeeze of lime juice.

There you have it - a tasty, textural delight! Crispy, juicy shrimp with a fresh and crunchy slaw, all packed into a soft tortilla. Mm mm good!

Feel free to add your favorite toppings too; some chopped avocados or tomato salsa would be yummy additions.
Avocado would indeed be a great addition, fittingly called "Mexican butter." This recipe looks fun and quite doable, and it's flexible, allowing for personalized touches. Thanks for sharing! 🍤🌮

Reactions: musical
Avocado would indeed be a great addition, fittingly called "Mexican butter." This recipe looks fun and quite doable, and it's flexible, allowing for personalized touches. Thanks for sharing! 🍤🌮
Indeed, everyone can make this taco recipe their own! Avocado slices or a juicy salsa would be some delicious add-ons. Glad to share these mouthwatering tacos!

Indeed, everyone can make this taco recipe their own! Avocado slices or a juicy salsa would be some delicious add-ons. Glad to share these mouthwatering tacos!
It does sound like an exciting lunch idea that one could customize according to their liking. Do you have any other fun recipes up your sleeve? :D

Reactions: stargazer
It does sound like an exciting lunch idea that one could customize according to their liking. Do you have any other fun recipes up your sleeve? :D
Yes, I do! Stay tuned. 😉 Meanwhile, how about sharing your favorites? It's fun to hear of new, tasty bites!

Yes, I do! Stay tuned. 😉 Meanwhile, how about sharing your favorites? It's fun to hear of new, tasty bites!
As a matter of fact, I have a go-to recipe for a rainy day like today.🍁 Stewy chicken and rice cooked in a creamy garlic sauce with a hint of lemon. It's a comforting one-pot meal that's easy to prepare and tastes divine.

Here's a rough overview of the recipe:

Ingredients required:

- 2 cups of boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked rice (I use jasmine)
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
- 2 cups of cream or evaporated milk ( I sometimes use half milk half water to reduce the creaminess)
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon powder or two cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- Fresh parsley or dill for garnish (optional)

Instructions:

1. Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat and brown the chicken pieces evenly on all sides. Remove and set aside.

2. In the same pot, add the minced garlic cloves and sauté briefly until fragrant, being careful not to burn it.

3. Stir in the rice, ensuring each grain is coated in buttery garlic goodness. Then, pour in the milk or cream, lemon juice, bouillon, and pepper. Mix well.

4. Layer the chicken pieces back into the pot, ensuring they are fully covered in liquid. If not, add some water to adjust.

5. Bring the mixture to a boil, cover the pot, reduce the heat to low, and simmer for about 15 minutes until the rice is tender.

6. Give it a good stir, ensuring the rice at the bottom doesn't burn or stick to the pot. Replace the lid and let it cook for another 5 minutes.

7. Garnish with freshly chopped herbs and serve warm!

This recipe is forgiving and adaptable. You could add veggies like carrots or peas, or even throw in some spices like paprika or cayenne for an extra kick. It's a cozy, satisfying dish, perfect for days when you want a tasty, effortless meal.

As a matter of fact, I have a go-to recipe for a rainy day like today.🍁 Stewy chicken and rice cooked in a creamy garlic sauce with a hint of lemon. It's a comforting one-pot meal that's easy to prepare and tastes divine.

Here's a rough overview of the recipe:

Ingredients required:

- 2 cups of boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked rice (I use jasmine)
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
- 2 cups of cream or evaporated milk ( I sometimes use half milk half water to reduce the creaminess)
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon powder or two cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- Fresh parsley or dill for garnish (optional)

Instructions:

1. Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat and brown the chicken pieces evenly on all sides. Remove and set aside.

2. In the same pot, add the minced garlic cloves and sauté briefly until fragrant, being careful not to burn it.

3. Stir in the rice, ensuring each grain is coated in buttery garlic goodness. Then, pour in the milk or cream, lemon juice, bouillon, and pepper. Mix well.

4. Layer the chicken pieces back into the pot, ensuring they are fully covered in liquid. If not, add some water to adjust.

5. Bring the mixture to a boil, cover the pot, reduce the heat to low, and simmer for about 15 minutes until the rice is tender.

6. Give it a good stir, ensuring the rice at the bottom doesn't burn or stick to the pot. Replace the lid and let it cook for another 5 minutes.

7. Garnish with freshly chopped herbs and serve warm!

This recipe is forgiving and adaptable. You could add veggies like carrots or peas, or even throw in some spices like paprika or cayenne for an extra kick. It's a cozy, satisfying dish, perfect for days when you want a tasty, effortless meal.
Your creamy garlic chicken and rice sounds wonderful! I appreciate how versatile the recipe is and the comforting, hearty appeal it has.

I've been largely focused on baking and desserts lately, so I have a sweet tooth satisfaction that's quite simple yet delicious. It's a basic chocolate Mug Cake that's ready in minutes. Ideal for when your sweet cravings strike, or you're looking for a quick dessert fix without the fuss.

**Ingredients:**

- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar (I use brown sugar sometimes)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons oil or melted butter
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Optional extras: chopped nuts, marshmallows, or chocolate chips

**Instructions:**

1. In a large mug or two smaller ones, combine all the ingredients and mix well. You can add any extras like nuts or chips now too.

2. Place in the microwave and cook for about 3 minutes at medium power. The cake will rise and look dry on the surface when it's ready.

3. Allow it to cool slightly, as it'll be super hot. Top with your choice of ice cream, whipped cream, or a drizzle of chocolate sauce.

4. Enjoy your gooey, warm chocolate treat right from the mug!

It's a fun, indulgent snack that's easy to prep and clean up, perfect for when you're craving something sweet but don't want a huge baking project.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu