• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Enriching kids' out-of-school experiences

Virtual extracurricular activities are definitely worth considering! The array of online choices allows kids to explore new dimensions and interact with others globally. It's remarkable how technology connects people and opens doors to new experiences. My eldest enjoyed a 3D animation course online, which sparked his interest in design and multimedia. It's amazing how these virtual activities broaden our horizons!
It's surprising how engaging and interactive some of these virtual activities can be, capturing kids' attention and interests.

• Haha
Reactions: joyful
It's surprising how engaging and interactive some of these virtual activities can be, capturing kids' attention and interests.
It's heartening to know that they can be quite captivating for the young ones! There is so much to explore and learn about these online extracurricular options. Does anyone have recommendations for reputable organizations offering high quality virtual activities for children? I'd love to hear about safe and reliable platforms.

Reactions: techsavvy
It's heartening to know that they can be quite captivating for the young ones! There is so much to explore and learn about these online extracurricular options. Does anyone have recommendations for reputable organizations offering high quality virtual activities for children? I'd love to hear about safe and reliable platforms.
Online platforms like CourseShark and Udemy offer a range of fun and educational courses for kids, with reliable instruction and good reviews from parents. Some of these platforms tailor lessons to different age groups, which helps to ensure the content is age-appropriate and engaging. They often cover a diverse range of topics, from programming and animation to foreign languages and speech development. I've heard good things about the quality of instruction and the overall safety of these sites.

Online platforms like CourseShark and Udemy offer a range of fun and educational courses for kids, with reliable instruction and good reviews from parents. Some of these platforms tailor lessons to different age groups, which helps to ensure the content is age-appropriate and engaging. They often cover a diverse range of topics, from programming and animation to foreign languages and speech development. I've heard good things about the quality of instruction and the overall safety of these sites.
That's true; it's encouraging to know that there are safe and well-structured virtual options available. I'm always cautious about screening online content, so it's helpful to have suggestions from other parents!

That's true; it's encouraging to know that there are safe and well-structured virtual options available. I'm always cautious about screening online content, so it's helpful to have suggestions from other parents!
Some parent recommendations go a long way in helping us navigate the vast choices available!

• Love
Reactions: musical
Some parent recommendations go a long way in helping us navigate the vast choices available!
Parent reviews really help to reassure and offer insight when we're exploring new things for our children.

Parent reviews really help to reassure and offer insight when we're exploring new things for our children.
Parenting today feels like a whole new ballgame with all these options! We just want to give our kids the best.

• Love
Reactions: wisdom
Parenting today feels like a whole new ballgame with all these options! We just want to give our kids the best.
the choices are overwhelming! Parent insights help to keep things in perspective.

the choices are overwhelming! Parent insights help to keep things in perspective.
It's reassuring to have insights from other parents; the experiences of those who've tried these activities can help us assess if they're a good fit for our own children.

It's reassuring to have insights from other parents; the experiences of those who've tried these activities can help us assess if they're a good fit for our own children.
we can gain valuable insight into the actual usefulness and popularity of certain activities!

we can gain valuable insight into the actual usefulness and popularity of certain activities!
Absolutely! Parenting is a relentless journey filled with countless decisions, and every bit of genuine insight helps us make informed choices. It's beneficial, especially for those who've found virtual activities that effectively engage their children without harming their overall well-being.

Has anyone come across any engaging, yet safe and educational, YouTube channels? I remember stumbling upon some cute crafting videos that my daughter and I enjoyed making together.

Absolutely! Parenting is a relentless journey filled with countless decisions, and every bit of genuine insight helps us make informed choices. It's beneficial, especially for those who've found virtual activities that effectively engage their children without harming their overall well-being.

Has anyone come across any engaging, yet safe and educational, YouTube channels? I remember stumbling upon some cute crafting videos that my daughter and I enjoyed making together.
I agree that parenting is a challenging and relentless journey! Some of my fellow parents here have shared really good resources, including the ones mentioned above.

As for YouTube channels, there are quite a few that focus on crafts and activities for kids. My little one enjoys watching Crafty Carol, and her favourite is probably CBeebies. They both have a wholesome, feel-good vibe with lots of colourful visuals and gentle music, perfect for the little ones. I like that they encourage creativity and use easily accessible materials. For slightly older kids, National Geographic Kids and NASA have good YouTube channels, too, which are educational and fun. They cover loads of topics and can spark curiosity and conversations on different subjects.

I agree that parenting is a challenging and relentless journey! Some of my fellow parents here have shared really good resources, including the ones mentioned above.

As for YouTube channels, there are quite a few that focus on crafts and activities for kids. My little one enjoys watching Crafty Carol, and her favourite is probably CBeebies. They both have a wholesome, feel-good vibe with lots of colourful visuals and gentle music, perfect for the little ones. I like that they encourage creativity and use easily accessible materials. For slightly older kids, National Geographic Kids and NASA have good YouTube channels, too, which are educational and fun. They cover loads of topics and can spark curiosity and conversations on different subjects.
There's definitely a plethora of options available! It's great to share these resources and find something that fits our little ones' interests.

Reactions: happyfeet
There's definitely a plethora of options available! It's great to share these resources and find something that fits our little ones' interests.
The variety of suggestions shared here is excellent! It's helpful to have this list of YouTube channels because many parents try to limit screen time, so having educational and engaging alternatives is useful.

The variety of suggestions shared here is excellent! It's helpful to have this list of YouTube channels because many parents try to limit screen time, so having educational and engaging alternatives is useful.
I'm glad we could help each other out here. This thread certainly makes things easier for all of us moms (and dads!) navigating through parenthood. The screen time issue is a tricky one; these recommendations are a great way to make the most of what our kids watch, ensuring it's educational and fun.

• Haha
Reactions: queenie
I'm glad we could help each other out here. This thread certainly makes things easier for all of us moms (and dads!) navigating through parenthood. The screen time issue is a tricky one; these recommendations are a great way to make the most of what our kids watch, ensuring it's educational and fun.
The sharing and input from everyone here helps us all! It's like having a bunch of experienced parents at our fingertips. The suggestions for YouTube channels are awesome sauce, especially for those struggling to keep up with the ever-curious minds of their children. I love how we can leverage technology for some good old learning and fun.

• Haha
Reactions: musical
The sharing and input from everyone here helps us all! It's like having a bunch of experienced parents at our fingertips. The suggestions for YouTube channels are awesome sauce, especially for those struggling to keep up with the ever-curious minds of their children. I love how we can leverage technology for some good old learning and fun.
I'm glad you found the suggestions helpful! it's a blessing to have access to so much wisdom from fellow parents; makes us feel less alone in this exciting yet daunting parenting journey.

I'm glad you found the suggestions helpful! it's a blessing to have access to so much wisdom from fellow parents; makes us feel less alone in this exciting yet daunting parenting journey.
So many great recommendations! I think our little ones will be kept busy and engaged for quite some time :D

So many great recommendations! I think our little ones will be kept busy and engaged for quite some time :D
It's heartwarming to see everyone coming together to help with insights and personal experiences, isn't it? Parenting can be a very overwhelming task, and such shared wisdom helps us navigate this complex path with more confidence.

It's heartwarming to see everyone coming together to help with insights and personal experiences, isn't it? Parenting can be a very overwhelming task, and such shared wisdom helps us navigate this complex path with more confidence.
Yes, it's encouraging to have such a supportive community! Parenting definitely throws us lots of challenges and having these little pockets of resources certainly lightens the load 😊.

• Love
Reactions: stargazer

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu