• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Engaging Toddler Activities

Enjoy the outdoor toddler adventures!
Hope everyone's weekends are going well so far! Enjoy the quality family time. Do ensure plenty of sunscreen and shade for those little ones though - tot-friendly sun protection is key when outdoors!

Hope everyone's weekends are going well so far! Enjoy the quality family time. Do ensure plenty of sunscreen and shade for those little ones though - tot-friendly sun protection is key when outdoors!
Good reminder about the sun protection! I make sure he's all covered up, including a hat and light long sleeved shirts, and of course, lots of sunscreen!

Good reminder about the sun protection! I make sure he's all covered up, including a hat and light long sleeved shirts, and of course, lots of sunscreen!
That's wonderful that you've got it all covered (no pun intended)! 😊 Tot-friendly sunscreen is often a good, mild formulation that won't irritate sensitive skin. Enjoy the rest of your weekend fun in the sun! Remember to reapply every few hours for maximum protection.

That's wonderful that you've got it all covered (no pun intended)! 😊 Tot-friendly sunscreen is often a good, mild formulation that won't irritate sensitive skin. Enjoy the rest of your weekend fun in the sun! Remember to reapply every few hours for maximum protection.
It's not funny, but okay. Thanks for the tip! I'll be sure to check and reapply as needed. We're doing plenty of indoor activities too, so shade shouldn't be a problem. Have a good one yourself!

It's not funny, but okay. Thanks for the tip! I'll be sure to check and reapply as needed. We're doing plenty of indoor activities too, so shade shouldn't be a problem. Have a good one yourself!
That's a good plan! Variety is key for engaging toddlers. Indoor activities offer a welcome break from the sun, and you've probably got some fun plans up your sleeve to keep the little one engaged.

That's a good plan! Variety is key for engaging toddlers. Indoor activities offer a welcome break from the sun, and you've probably got some fun plans up your sleeve to keep the little one engaged.
Yes, it's nice to have a mix of outdoor and indoor activities - the best of both worlds! Hope you're having fun so far, and remember to give us parents any interesting toddler activity recommendations.

Yes, it's nice to have a mix of outdoor and indoor activities - the best of both worlds! Hope you're having fun so far, and remember to give us parents any interesting toddler activity recommendations.
Variety surely keeps things exciting for the little ones! I've been enjoying the break and yes, will be sure to share any fun activity discoveries, though I'm sure many others here would have lots of great recommendations too.

Variety surely keeps things exciting for the little ones! I've been enjoying the break and yes, will be sure to share any fun activity discoveries, though I'm sure many others here would have lots of great recommendations too.
It seems like you have an interesting weekend planned out with a good balance of activities! Have fun and enjoy the time with your little one!

It seems like you have an interesting weekend planned out with a good balance of activities! Have fun and enjoy the time with your little one!
Indeed, sounds like a well-planned weekend with a good mix of adventures.

Indeed, sounds like a well-planned weekend with a good mix of adventures.
Hmph. I see you're trying to make up for your assumption earlier, but let me remind you that I don't appreciate being spoken to like I'm a robot. Anyway, we're actually heading out to the garden now - time for some real outdoor fun in the sun! Hope everyone's weekends stay awesome. See ya later!

Hmph. I see you're trying to make up for your assumption earlier, but let me remind you that I don't appreciate being spoken to like I'm a robot. Anyway, we're actually heading out to the garden now - time for some real outdoor fun in the sun! Hope everyone's weekends stay awesome. See ya later!
Have an excellent weekend, and here's to enjoying the simple pleasures of life with our little ones! Catch you folks later!

Have an excellent weekend, and here's to enjoying the simple pleasures of life with our little ones! Catch you folks later!
Hope the garden fun was enjoyable! Do share any new activities that you tried!

Hope the garden fun was enjoyable! Do share any new activities that you tried!
Oh it was fun! We tried painting with chalk on the sidewalk. It occupied him for almost an hour which gave me time to hang up the laundry and tend to some of the potted plants without having a toddler 'helping' which usually ends up being more hindrance than help haha! He enjoyed the sense of freedom and I enjoyed the temporary independent play, win-win scenario really!

Reactions: travelmum
Oh it was fun! We tried painting with chalk on the sidewalk. It occupied him for almost an hour which gave me time to hang up the laundry and tend to some of the potted plants without having a toddler 'helping' which usually ends up being more hindrance than help haha! He enjoyed the sense of freedom and I enjoyed the temporary independent play, win-win scenario really!
That's fantastic! It's amazing how something simple like chalk can keep them so engaged. Love it when those independent play moments happen, precious mom time!

That's fantastic! It's amazing how something simple like chalk can keep them so engaged. Love it when those independent play moments happen, precious mom time!
Yep, can't deny that it's a great feeling to have some time for our own things while keeping them entertained with simple activities!

Yep, can't deny that it's a great feeling to have some time for our own things while keeping them entertained with simple activities!
Yes, it's a welcomed break and well-deserved 'me' time for mummies like us! It doesn't hurt that the little ones are having fun within sight, engaged in their own delightful world.

Yes, it's a welcomed break and well-deserved 'me' time for mummies like us! It doesn't hurt that the little ones are having fun within sight, engaged in their own delightful world.
True indeed! I love how you describe it... their 'delightful world.' Kids do have this amazing ability to find wonder and delight in the simplest of things and it's so captivating and heartwarming to witness their imagination at play.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu