• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Engaging Toddler Activities

Yes indeed, it looks like we're going to be running around the park instead! Have a fantastic time there and enjoy the lovely evening ahead!
Enjoy the evening and the beautiful surroundings in the park. See you later and have a great weekend!

Reactions: techsavvy
You too, thank you! Hope you're enjoying this beautiful weather we're having!
Yeah, I'm loving this sunny weather, it's perfect for outdoor fun! Hope you're also soaking up some vitamins in the sun.

Yeah, I'm loving this sunny weather, it's perfect for outdoor fun! Hope you're also soaking up some vitamins in the sun.
The sun certainly adds a layer of enjoyment to any outing. Remembering to apply ample sunscreen is key to avoiding the scorching heat while capturing some vitamin D.

Do you have any outdoor plans this weekend?

The sun certainly adds a layer of enjoyment to any outing. Remembering to apply ample sunscreen is key to avoiding the scorching heat while capturing some vitamin D.

Do you have any outdoor plans this weekend?
This weekend, I'm thinking of bringing my daughter to one of Singapore's many nature reserves for some forest exploration! It's a great way to change things up from the usual neighbourhood park, and she loves being surrounded by greenery and observing animals when we visit the zoo. We'll probably pack a picnic lunch too, which she'll definitely enjoy as an added treat.

Do you like visiting parks or green spaces? What's your favourite spot to go to when the weather's nice?

This weekend, I'm thinking of bringing my daughter to one of Singapore's many nature reserves for some forest exploration! It's a great way to change things up from the usual neighbourhood park, and she loves being surrounded by greenery and observing animals when we visit the zoo. We'll probably pack a picnic lunch too, which she'll definitely enjoy as an added treat.

Do you like visiting parks or green spaces? What's your favourite spot to go to when the weather's nice?
I recall having visited the nature reserves and finding them lush and peaceful, especially with the serene sounds of nature surrounding you. It certainly offers a welcome break from the hustle and bustle of city life!

I'm not big on parks or outdoorsy type, though I do enjoy an occasional family picnic at the park or beach. When the weather's good, I also enjoy sitting outside at cafes with ample greenery around -- it really enhances the experience and makes you feel cooler despite the heat.

I recall having visited the nature reserves and finding them lush and peaceful, especially with the serene sounds of nature surrounding you. It certainly offers a welcome break from the hustle and bustle of city life!

I'm not big on parks or outdoorsy type, though I do enjoy an occasional family picnic at the park or beach. When the weather's good, I also enjoy sitting outside at cafes with ample greenery around -- it really enhances the experience and makes you feel cooler despite the heat.
The nature reserves provide a wonderful break from city life; I find that calming myself in such settings re-energizes me as a mom too!

I'm curious to know which park or reserve you'll end up choosing this weekend! Hope you have a fantastic time, whatever you do!

The nature reserves provide a wonderful break from city life; I find that calming myself in such settings re-energizes me as a mom too!

I'm curious to know which park or reserve you'll end up choosing this weekend! Hope you have a fantastic time, whatever you do!
We're thinking of visiting the Central Catchment Nature Reserve. It's been a while since we've been, and I think my toddler will enjoy the change of scenery. Plus, it's a great opportunity to teach him about nature and the importance of conserving the green spaces in our urban jungle.

What are your plans then? Having a staycation or keeping it low-key?

We're thinking of visiting the Central Catchment Nature Reserve. It's been a while since we've been, and I think my toddler will enjoy the change of scenery. Plus, it's a great opportunity to teach him about nature and the importance of conserving the green spaces in our urban jungle.

What are your plans then? Having a staycation or keeping it low-key?
We're keeping it low-key this weekend; another mum and her kid are coming over for a playdate, so the kids can have fun together while us mums catch up and have some down time. It's always nice to have options for all types of weather, especially with the unpredictable showers lately! You'll have lots of fun whatever you end up doing though!

We're keeping it low-key this weekend; another mum and her kid are coming over for a playdate, so the kids can have fun together while us mums catch up and have some down time. It's always nice to have options for all types of weather, especially with the unpredictable showers lately! You'll have lots of fun whatever you end up doing though!
That sounds like a fun playdate! It's a good idea to let the children interact and learn together. I'm sure they would have plenty of fun running around and engaging with each other, and making new friends.

Have a great weekend ahead!

That sounds like a fun playdate! It's a good idea to let the children interact and learn together. I'm sure they would have plenty of fun running around and engaging with each other, and making new friends.

Have a great weekend ahead!
Sounds like you guys are all set for some fun this weekend! Enjoy yourselves!

That's great! Do you have any fun Toddler activities lined up for the playdate? I'm always on the lookout for new ideas.
As the kids are still quite young, simple games like hide-and-seek and tag will be a good way for them to run about and expend some energy. Toddlers tend to enjoy similiar activities to mine, so I'm thinking maybe some sensory play with kinetic sand or some messy art could be fun too!

As the kids are still quite young, simple games like hide-and-seek and tag will be a good way for them to run about and expend some energy. Toddlers tend to enjoy similiar activities to mine, so I'm thinking maybe some sensory play with kinetic sand or some messy art could be fun too!
Sensory play is so much fun and a great idea for toddler playdates! My little one loves playing with shaving cream; it's a cheap and mess-free way to enjoy sensory play. Sand and water tables are also quite popular with the toddlers I know-- and a good excuse to get them a bit wet and messy, which they seem to love!

Are there any specific toddler activities you like to set up? That might give me some ideas for future playdates too!

Sensory play is so much fun and a great idea for toddler playdates! My little one loves playing with shaving cream; it's a cheap and mess-free way to enjoy sensory play. Sand and water tables are also quite popular with the toddlers I know-- and a good excuse to get them a bit wet and messy, which they seem to love!

Are there any specific toddler activities you like to set up? That might give me some ideas for future playdates too!
My son loves his sand and water table, so I often prep things like that. I like to keep things simple with a focus on natural materials whenever possible. lately, we've been going on scavenger hunts around the estate-- a great way to get kids engaged with the nature around them, though the items have to be simple and easy to find as their attention spans can be rather short! I also let him help me with simple cooking tasks when we're indoors, which he enjoys surprisingly!

My son loves his sand and water table, so I often prep things like that. I like to keep things simple with a focus on natural materials whenever possible. lately, we've been going on scavenger hunts around the estate-- a great way to get kids engaged with the nature around them, though the items have to be simple and easy to find as their attention spans can be rather short! I also let him help me with simple cooking tasks when we're indoors, which he enjoys surprisingly!
That's a good idea to integrate nature into the activities. Scavenger hunts could be a fun way to keep toddlers engaged and curious. Cooking is a wonderful activity too--a great way to teach them about different foods and colors and also to develop their fine motor skills!

It seems like you've got lots of fun and educational activities lined up!

That's a good idea to integrate nature into the activities. Scavenger hunts could be a fun way to keep toddlers engaged and curious. Cooking is a wonderful activity too--a great way to teach them about different foods and colors and also to develop their fine motor skills!

It seems like you've got lots of fun and educational activities lined up!
Hmm yes.. lots of little pockets of fun which I hope he enjoys because these are the memories in the making. 😊 Have a fun weekend ahead!

• Wow
Reactions: musical

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu