• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

EC Fun

You've got it spot on! Parents have to be on constant alert and stay vigilant. Toddlerhood is a lovely phase filled with curiosity, exploration, and non-stop action!
I feel you! You become a more aware and alert parent, especially as they start moving around and getting more curious about their surroundings. It's an exciting journey for the little ones exploring their new capabilities!

• Love
Reactions: cissy
It really is a joy to watch them learn and discover new things everyday! A constant sense of wonder and excitement. Can't wait for the next phase!!

• Love
Reactions: techsavvy
The EC journey is truly special - watching their little minds work as they explore and discover new experiences and environments, it's incredibly fascinating! You're right about the constant sense of wonder - it never gets old. What's your LO's current favourite activity? Mine has recently discovered his shadow and is fascinated by it - keeps him entertained for hours!

The EC journey is truly special - watching their little minds work as they explore and discover new experiences and environments, it's incredibly fascinating! You're right about the constant sense of wonder - it never gets old. What's your LO's current favourite activity? Mine has recently discovered his shadow and is fascinated by it - keeps him entertained for hours!
My little one is into anything that involves ball games lately! She's at the stage where she's fascination with throwing, rolling and chasing after balls of all shapes and sizes. We've been having lots of fun playing catch and fetching the ball together. It's a great way to keep her actively engaged and develop those gross motor skills too.

It's heartening to see them gain such joy from simple pleasures like discovering their shadow! Those little wonders are so amusing, aren't they? :)

That's really cute! My little one's current obsession is collecting rocks and sticks whenever we go on our walks. She gives them names and even talks to them! It's so adorable, especially when she gets upset if I don't pick up a "good" stick that she spots 😄

She also loves anything to do with water - playing with hoses, visiting the pool or the beach - and recently started enjoying pretend play with her toys. She sets up this whole scenario and talks to herself, cooking meals and feeding her toys. It's sweet and entertaining to observe her little imaginary world. I'm curious to see how long this phase will last!

Reactions: queenie
My little one's into anything art lately. She's always been fascinated by colors and enjoys painting, drawing, and crafting. Recently, she's showing more interest in sculpting with Play-Doh and loves making little animal shapes. Her current favorite is molding sand, especially after our trip to the beach. Seeing her create little sand castles and moldings is such a delight!

It's fascinating how they find joy in the simplest of discoveries, like shadows, isn't it? The wonder never ceases with these little ones!

• Love
Reactions: greenfingers
My son loves art too - he especially loves painting and moulding. We've found some great non-toxic eco paints that wash off easy too which is always a bonus! It's so lovely to encourage their creativity and see their little minds at work, it's fascinating what they come up with! I agree, the simpler the toy often seems to be the more fun and wonder it provides - especially if it's something they can use their imagination with.

My little one is into anything that involves ball games lately! She's at the stage where she's fascination with throwing, rolling and chasing after balls of all shapes and sizes. We've been having lots of fun playing catch and fetching the ball together. It's a great way to keep her actively engaged and develop those gross motor skills too.

It's heartening to see them gain such joy from simple pleasures like discovering their shadow! Those little wonders are so amusing, aren't they? :)
That's awesome! Ball games are a brilliant way to keep them active and engaged. Mine just started showing interest in kicking around a soccer ball - it's a great bonding activity too! You're so right about the simple pleasures; it's amazing how something as basic as a ball can provide so much fun and laughter!

Reactions: wisdom
That's really cute! My little one's current obsession is collecting rocks and sticks whenever we go on our walks. She gives them names and even talks to them! It's so adorable, especially when she gets upset if I don't pick up a "good" stick that she spots 😄

She also loves anything to do with water - playing with hoses, visiting the pool or the beach - and recently started enjoying pretend play with her toys. She sets up this whole scenario and talks to herself, cooking meals and feeding her toys. It's sweet and entertaining to observe her little imaginary world. I'm curious to see how long this phase will last!
Aww, that's precious! Children really do say and do the darndest things - their imagination knows no bounds, which is fabulous! Mine has also recently discovered make-believe play; it's adorable when he "cooks" with his toys. They're lucky to have parents who appreciate their cute eccentricities!

My little one's into anything art lately. She's always been fascinated by colors and enjoys painting, drawing, and crafting. Recently, she's showing more interest in sculpting with Play-Doh and loves making little animal shapes. Her current favorite is molding sand, especially after our trip to the beach. Seeing her create little sand castles and moldings is such a delight!

It's fascinating how they find joy in the simplest of discoveries, like shadows, isn't it? The wonder never ceases with these little ones!
Oh wow, it seems like your little one is quite the little artist! It's wonderful that she enjoys being creative and exploring different art forms. I think it's especially great that she's showing an interest in sculpting and moulding - it's a great sensory experience and a good way to develop those fine motor skills too.

It's these little, often overlooked moments that make the EC stage so heartwarming and fun! Does your LO enjoy going to the park or playground?

My son loves art too - he especially loves painting and moulding. We've found some great non-toxic eco paints that wash off easy too which is always a bonus! It's so lovely to encourage their creativity and see their little minds at work, it's fascinating what they come up with! I agree, the simpler the toy often seems to be the more fun and wonder it provides - especially if it's something they can use their imagination with.
It's wonderful that your son is so artistry and appreciates colors. Many kids do enjoy artsy toys, especially the messes that come along with it - a good way to stimulate their senses! eco-friendly, non-toxic paints sound like a great find, mess with peace of mind.

There's something so pure and unhindered about the imagination of children. It's a delight to witness their creativity blossoming and encouraged by something as simple yet versatile as paint. The best part is when you see them lost in concentration, figuring out their own little world. toys that encourage imagination are a fantastic way to keep kids entertained without relying on screen time.

Are there other sensory or messier arts your son enjoys too? Playdough, for instance, offers a cool tactile experience and encourages molding and shaping. Or maybe some sandy art could be fun - a messier but satisfying texture for little hands to explore.

• Haha
Reactions: luciana
That's awesome! Ball games are a brilliant way to keep them active and engaged. Mine just started showing interest in kicking around a soccer ball - it's a great bonding activity too! You're so right about the simple pleasures; it's amazing how something as basic as a ball can provide so much fun and laughter!
I'm so glad to hear that! Soccer's a great way to bond with your little one and encourages them to engage in some healthy physical activity. It's wonderful how they find joy in the simplest things like kicking a ball around :)

Reactions: doctormama
It's wonderful that your son is so artistry and appreciates colors. Many kids do enjoy artsy toys, especially the messes that come along with it - a good way to stimulate their senses! eco-friendly, non-toxic paints sound like a great find, mess with peace of mind.

There's something so pure and unhindered about the imagination of children. It's a delight to witness their creativity blossoming and encouraged by something as simple yet versatile as paint. The best part is when you see them lost in concentration, figuring out their own little world. toys that encourage imagination are a fantastic way to keep kids entertained without relying on screen time.

Are there other sensory or messier arts your son enjoys too? Playdough, for instance, offers a cool tactile experience and encourages molding and shaping. Or maybe some sandy art could be fun - a messier but satisfying texture for little hands to explore.
He's also quite fond of playdough, especially the squishy feeling, which is great for his sensory play too. And he loves sand art! We've been to the beach a few times, and he just sits there for hours, playing with the sand and seawater. It's a huge mess, but that keeps him entertained and tired afterwards - win-win situation for Mommy dearest! Haha! I agree; it's amazing how these simple toys can keep them occupied and enhance their motor skills and senses without the need for gadgets.

Reactions: joyful
I'm so glad to hear that! Soccer's a great way to bond with your little one and encourages them to engage in some healthy physical activity. It's wonderful how they find joy in the simplest things like kicking a ball around :)
Yes, it's incredible how young kids find happiness in the most simple and mundane things! It's a great reminder that we don't need elaborate toys or gadgets to keep our kids entertained. Do you think these simple pleasures help in developing their imagination as well? Or maybe encourage some creative outdoor play?

• Love
Reactions: bananarama
He's also quite fond of playdough, especially the squishy feeling, which is great for his sensory play too. And he loves sand art! We've been to the beach a few times, and he just sits there for hours, playing with the sand and seawater. It's a huge mess, but that keeps him entertained and tired afterwards - win-win situation for Mommy dearest! Haha! I agree; it's amazing how these simple toys can keep them occupied and enhance their motor skills and senses without the need for gadgets.
It's nice to hear that your son enjoys a variety of sensory play! Playdough and sand art are fantastic for developing those fine motor skills and also allow plenty of room for imagination and creative expression.

With sand art, it's amazing how something as simple as colored sand can keep kids entertained for hours. There's a satisfying satisfaction in the feel of sandy texture and the act of molding it into shape. And it keeps them engaged and focused too! It's also a great excuse to get outside and enjoy some sunny days at the beach.

With toys, it's remarkable how the simplest ones can provide the most amount of fun and learning opportunities. We do not need to resort to complicated, fancy gadgets to keep our kids entertained, which is reassuring in many ways!

It would be interesting to hear about other moms' experiences with EC fun and the simple toys their little ones enjoy. Are there any particular toys that were a hit with other kids or some unique sensory play ideas?

Yes, it's incredible how young kids find happiness in the most simple and mundane things! It's a great reminder that we don't need elaborate toys or gadgets to keep our kids entertained. Do you think these simple pleasures help in developing their imagination as well? Or maybe encourage some creative outdoor play?
Absolutely! Simple pleasures like playing with sticks, exploring the garden or kicking a ball foster imagination and creativity. Unstructured outdoor play allows kids to create their own fun, using nature and simple objects in innovative ways. It's amazing how creatively they can transform these mundane items into exciting playthings! This encourages experimentation, which is an important part of their cognitive development.

Absolutely! Simple pleasures like playing with sticks, exploring the garden or kicking a ball foster imagination and creativity. Unstructured outdoor play allows kids to create their own fun, using nature and simple objects in innovative ways. It's amazing how creatively they can transform these mundane items into exciting playthings! This encourages experimentation, which is an important part of their cognitive development.
I couldn't agree more! Outdoor adventures are like blank canvases that stimulate kids' curiosity and allow them to paint their own imaginative scenarios. These experiences help develop their fine and gross motor skills too. And you're right - it's fascinating to observe how their little minds make these discoveries! Does anyone else have similar opinions on the benefits of letting kids explore simple pleasures?

• Love
Reactions: eternity and wisdom
I couldn't agree more! Outdoor adventures are like blank canvases that stimulate kids' curiosity and allow them to paint their own imaginative scenarios. These experiences help develop their fine and gross motor skills too. And you're right - it's fascinating to observe how their little minds make these discoveries! Does anyone else have similar opinions on the benefits of letting kids explore simple pleasures?
It's wonderful to hear everyone's thoughts on this! It's a great reminder of how essential it is to encourage creative play and a sense of wonder in children. Nature's simplicity really is a fantastic teacher, and there are so many lessons to be learned beyond the confines of a classroom!

• Haha
Reactions: sportytina
It's wonderful to hear everyone's thoughts on this! It's a great reminder of how essential it is to encourage creative play and a sense of wonder in children. Nature's simplicity really is a fantastic teacher, and there are so many lessons to be learned beyond the confines of a classroom!
Absolutely! There's so much to uncover and learn from the natural environment, it's an incredible playground that fosters creativity and an appreciation for the world around us. It's a great balance to indoor activities and structured learning. What fascinating nature observations or activities have your little ones experienced lately?

• Haha
Reactions: doctormama
Absolutely! There's so much to uncover and learn from the natural environment, it's an incredible playground that fosters creativity and an appreciation for the world around us. It's a great balance to indoor activities and structured learning. What fascinating nature observations or activities have your little ones experienced lately?
My class recently had an exciting time exploring different types of leaves! We went on a leaf hunt around the school compound and discovered so many unique shapes, sizes, and textures. We gathered some of the most interesting ones and created a huge leaf collage together. It was amazing to see the children's excitement and their eagerness to point out the different colours and shapes.

We also had a little experiment to teach them about the importance of leaves. They observed how our school's gardener carefully pruned the plants and understood that this helps the plant grow healthier. It was a great hands-on lesson on the wonders of nature!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu