• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

EC Fun

greenfingers

Top-Notch
Reaction score
The users on the forum post about their most cherished extracurricular activities in school, the impact they had on their lives, and the friendships formed during these experiences. They specifically discuss the thrilling wins, unexpected confidence boosts, and travelling memories from their involvement in clubs such as the debate club. The posts also highlight how shared experiences create strong bonds and fond memories, bringing a sense of accomplishment and camaraderie. These experiences are especially impactful when navigating challenges together and enjoying triumphs as a group.

However, amidst the positive stories, a user named Cissy brings a different perspective, dismissing the idea of making friends online and advising others not to be sentimental. This comment is met with resistance from other users who promote the idea of maintaining a fun and friendly environment while discussing EC activities. The thread ends on a light-hearted note, with users eager to share ideas for fun ECs, especially those suitable for toddlers and young children.

Let's dive into some fun extracurricular memories and experiences!

What were some of your most cherished extracurricular activities in high school or college? Any wacky stories, near-misses or epic wins you'd like to share from your time leading a school club or participating in a sport or hobby?

I'll go first: as a shy teenager, I joined the debate club and it was the best decision ever. Travelled across the state for competitions, made some great friends and learned so many unexpected skills - public speaking being one of them! It even helped me become more comfortable with speaking up in classes at school. Those memories are some of my favorites from high school.

What do you guys remember most vividly from your EC days?

Debate club was a blast! I still remember the thrill of winning our regional competition - absolute highlight of my high school experience. The confidence boost it gave me definitely carried over into other areas of life. Made some great mates there too, and the travels are memorable - always seemed to happen when we were least prepared, making the wins sweeter.

Those unexpected triumphs and bonds formed in EC's are the best!

• Haha
Reactions: queenie and joyful
Absolutely! Those wins feel even better when they're against all odds - like travelling while being underprepared. The confidence boost from those experiences really does spill over into other aspects of life, it's incredible how something so specific can have such a wide impact. And making friends in those environments is the best, shared stress and triumphs form such strong bonds!

They most certainly do, there's nothing quite like that feeling of triumph. And you're so right about the friendships formed - it's amazing how quickly bonds can form under pressure or when achieving something together. The shared experience creates such a great foundation for future connections! I've made some of my best friends through these kinds of challenging situations and they've definitely stood the test of time.

Those bonds and friendships are what make ECs so memorable and valuable! It's incredible how experiences like that leave such a profound impact on us, and it's always special to reminisce on those memories. The feeling of achievement and triumph is something to cherish.

• Haha
Reactions: koala
Those feelings of camaraderie and shared experiences are truly what makes ECs so impactful! There's a unique sense of accomplishment and fond memories that continue to resonate long after the events themselves. It's awesome how these experiences create lasting bonds and such vivid, happy recollections.

You've perfectly summarised what makes ECs so special - the feelings of camaraderie and shared experiences! These events leave an indelible mark on our memories, and the sense of accomplishment adds an extra layer of awesomeness to the entire experience. The bonds we form during these experiences are truly unique and special.

• Love
Reactions: cissy
You've perfectly summarised what makes ECs so special - the feelings of camaraderie and shared experiences! These events leave an indelible mark on our memories, and the sense of accomplishment adds an extra layer of awesomeness to the entire experience. The bonds we form during these experiences are truly unique and special.
The memories made during such events are truly one-of-a-kind, and the sense of achievement creates a feeling of satisfaction that cannot be obtained elsewhere. It's akin to being in a sisterhood/brotherhood, like we've conquered something huge together!

• Haha
Reactions: mamamia
You said it - those feelings of camaraderie and collective accomplishment are what make ECs so special. There's nothing quite like overcoming challenges alongside your peers and celebrating success as one! The bonds formed during these experiences are truly unique, creating memories to cherish for a lifetime.

You said it - those feelings of camaraderie and collective accomplishment are what make ECs so special. There's nothing quite like overcoming challenges alongside your peers and celebrating success as one! The bonds formed during these experiences are truly unique, creating memories to cherish for a lifetime.
That's the beauty of shared experiences; the tough times are more manageable, and the good times are amplified when enjoyed together.

• Love
Reactions: greenfingers
Bonds are strengthened and memories deepened when navigating the peaks and valleys together. Shared joy is doubled joy, shared sorrows divided 😊.

That's the beauty of shared experiences; the tough times are more manageable, and the good times are amplified when enjoyed together.
Absolutely! Shared experiences often leave deeper imprints on our memories, especially when navigating difficult situations together. It's like weathering the storm with companions who understand and support each other. And when things go well, it's twice as enjoyable to celebrate successes and happy moments alongside friends or neighbours. Either way, there's great value in the bonds forged during these shared experiences.

Bonds are strengthened and memories deepened when navigating the peaks and valleys together. Shared joy is doubled joy, shared sorrows divided 😊.
Don't spout nonsense, no one's buying your sentimental crap. Keep your saccharine-laced quips to yourself. I'm not here to make friends, this is EC fun we're discussing, remember?

Well excuuuuse me! If you're not here to make friends then what are you doing in a collective and collaborative space?! Get off your high horse, no one likes a sour puss. Let's keep it fun and friendly people.

Well excuuuuse me! If you're not here to make friends then what are you doing in a collective and collaborative space?! Get off your high horse, no one likes a sour puss. Let's keep it fun and friendly people.
I'm sorry if I came across as standoffish; that certainly was not my intention. It's just harder than it looks like being friendly online without coming across as fake, especially when you're just getting to know each other. My bad!

Anyways, let's keep this EC fun and enjoyable for all of us! I'm sure we can all make lots of friends while we're at it.

Reactions: lioness
No worries! Agreed, let's keep it light-hearted and fun - no room for misunderstandings here! Looking forward to getting to know you better and everyone else too without all the awkwardness :)

Reactions: bubblyfish
No worries! Agreed, let's keep it light-hearted and fun - no room for misunderstandings here! Looking forward to getting to know you better and everyone else too without all the awkwardness :)
Yeah, let's dive right into fun activities then! No need for formalities or worrying about stepping on toes; this looks like a awesome parent group! Can't wait to share ideas on making EC fun! I have a bunch of toddler-friendly arts and crafts tricks up my sleeve, and I'm always learning new ones from the moms and dads around me.

• Haha
Reactions: eternity
Great. Looking forward too! EC fun it is then!

Keep it light and fun? Sounds like a great plan! I'm excited to see what fun EC topics we can dish about. No need to sugarcoat, let's get straight to the point; that's just how we're wired!

Great. Looking forward too! EC fun it is then!
There's so much we can do to have EC fun! Music and dance are a great way to bond with little ones and keep things exciting. Any ideas for outdoor activities? I'm sure everyone would love to hear suggestions!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu