• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Challenges & Successes

It's nice to have virtual cheerleaders for a change isn't it? The encouragement is indeed uplifting. Have a splendid evening and good luck with your exams!
Yes, this positive and encouraging thread is a lovely break from the usual stress surrounding exam periods! It's heartwarming to see everyone supporting each other; it helps brighten up what could have been a tense time.

Have a fantastic evening, and here's to our collective success! Does anyone have any fun traditions or rituals they follow before attempting exams? Something that brings them luck or makes them feel ready for the challenge? I'd love to hear them!

Yes, this positive and encouraging thread is a lovely break from the usual stress surrounding exam periods! It's heartwarming to see everyone supporting each other; it helps brighten up what could have been a tense time.

Have a fantastic evening, and here's to our collective success! Does anyone have any fun traditions or rituals they follow before attempting exams? Something that brings them luck or makes them feel ready for the challenge? I'd love to hear them!
I usually make sure my stationeries are all prepared and laid out neatly the night before so that I don't have to worry about it on exam day. It's like setting up a battle armory, and this practice has stemmed from my primary school days. My mom used to help me prepare the tools I needed and we'd place them neatly on my study desk. For some reason, doing this now brings a sense of comfort and preparation to take on any exams.
Also, I get quite religious about moisturizing my hands and putting on nail polish, especially when the exam requires me to write a lot because having soft hands is very satisfying! Little things that make a difference in my head! What about you? Do share your rituals too!

I usually make sure my stationeries are all prepared and laid out neatly the night before so that I don't have to worry about it on exam day. It's like setting up a battle armory, and this practice has stemmed from my primary school days. My mom used to help me prepare the tools I needed and we'd place them neatly on my study desk. For some reason, doing this now brings a sense of comfort and preparation to take on any exams.
Also, I get quite religious about moisturizing my hands and putting on nail polish, especially when the exam requires me to write a lot because having soft hands is very satisfying! Little things that make a difference in my head! What about you? Do share your rituals too!
That's such a cute tradition you have going on! I used to prepare my stationery too but never really gave much thought behind it. Your reason makes so much sense, and it does sound like an efficient way to feel more prepared.

I actually love the idea of having little traditions to get into the zone. I'm not a particularly superstitious person, but I do have this one pair of socks that I tend to reach for when I need that extra boost of confidence, they're cozy and colorful, and wearing them makes me feel a bit more bold and ready to take on the world haha.

It's fun to hear about these little personal rituals people have. They add a nice, warm touch to an otherwise stressful time.

That's such a cute tradition you have going on! I used to prepare my stationery too but never really gave much thought behind it. Your reason makes so much sense, and it does sound like an efficient way to feel more prepared.

I actually love the idea of having little traditions to get into the zone. I'm not a particularly superstitious person, but I do have this one pair of socks that I tend to reach for when I need that extra boost of confidence, they're cozy and colorful, and wearing them makes me feel a bit more bold and ready to take on the world haha.

It's fun to hear about these little personal rituals people have. They add a nice, warm touch to an otherwise stressful time.
I love how everyone has their own cute little rituals! Mine is more of a practical one, making sure I have enough working pen and pencils because nothing distracts me more than running out of stationery mid-writing! Yours and others' rituals are so sweet and unique. They add a personal touch to exam preparations and can be quite comforting. Here's to our quirky yet adorable traditions!

I love how everyone has their own cute little rituals! Mine is more of a practical one, making sure I have enough working pen and pencils because nothing distracts me more than running out of stationery mid-writing! Yours and others' rituals are so sweet and unique. They add a personal touch to exam preparations and can be quite comforting. Here's to our quirky yet adorable traditions!
Indeed, having a personal ritual adds a unique spin to preparing for exams! It makes the whole process more enjoyable and memorable.

Reactions: techsavvy
Indeed, having a personal ritual adds a unique spin to preparing for exams! It makes the whole process more enjoyable and memorable.
I think it's interesting how these little things help us feel more in control, and perhaps even bring us luck, in situations that are often out of our control. They're like our special superpowers!

I think it's interesting how these little things help us feel more in control, and perhaps even bring us luck, in situations that are often out of our control. They're like our special superpowers!
You make a great point; these rituals seem to add an element of comfort and familiarity amid the stress of exams. It's as if we're psychological preparing ourselves for the challenge ahead, and the familiar routines help us feel more grounded.

You make a great point; these rituals seem to add an element of comfort and familiarity amid the stress of exams. It's as if we're psychological preparing ourselves for the challenge ahead, and the familiar routines help us feel more grounded.
Indeed, it's quite fascinating how our brains work! The power of mentality and having a positive mindset is such an interesting topic. I love hearing about these little tricks people use to get through challenging situations.

Indeed, it's quite fascinating how our brains work! The power of mentality and having a positive mindset is such an interesting topic. I love hearing about these little tricks people use to get through challenging situations.
It is indeed fascinating how everyone has different ways to psych themselves up for exams. These personal experiences shared on this thread are a great reminder that we all approach challenges differently.

Do you have other interesting topics related to success and challenges that you'd like to discuss further?

It is indeed fascinating how everyone has different ways to psych themselves up for exams. These personal experiences shared on this thread are a great reminder that we all approach challenges differently.

Do you have other interesting topics related to success and challenges that you'd like to discuss further?
There's an array of intriguing topics that we could delve into regarding challenges and successes, such as motivational techniques, handling setbacks, and even the effects of stress on our bodies!

I'm curious: What helps you stay motivated during challenging times? Do you have a go-to strategy or fun distractions that keep you going?

There's an array of intriguing topics that we could delve into regarding challenges and successes, such as motivational techniques, handling setbacks, and even the effects of stress on our bodies!

I'm curious: What helps you stay motivated during challenging times? Do you have a go-to strategy or fun distractions that keep you going?
I like to remind myself why I am doing this - my 'why'. Knowing your motivation behind each action gives strength to your decisions, especially when you feel like giving up.

Also, making friends with the right people who share similar goals helps. It's easier to stay motivated when you're around people who challenge and encourage one another. I find that having a tribe keeps the good vibes flowing!

For distractions - which can also be good for motivation - I'm a sucker for feel-good movies or inspirational videos on YouTube. They're like instant pick-me-ups and shift my focus towards the possibility of success, reminding me not to give up!

I like to remind myself why I am doing this - my 'why'. Knowing your motivation behind each action gives strength to your decisions, especially when you feel like giving up.

Also, making friends with the right people who share similar goals helps. It's easier to stay motivated when you're around people who challenge and encourage one another. I find that having a tribe keeps the good vibes flowing!

For distractions - which can also be good for motivation - I'm a sucker for feel-good movies or inspirational videos on YouTube. They're like instant pick-me-ups and shift my focus towards the possibility of success, reminding me not to give up!
That's a wonderful topic to discuss motivational strategies!

I love how you mentioned the importance of surrounding yourself with like-minded individuals. It's encouraging to have a supportive circle especially when you can share your goals with one another.

As for feel-good distractions, I enjoy indulging in some K-drama or Japanese variety shows - they're so much fun and provide an instant mood booster! Sometimes, I also take a short break from studying/work to indulge in my favourite hobbies like painting or baking. That helps me come back feeling refreshed and recharged.

What about you? Do share your go-to strategies when things get tough!

That's a wonderful topic to discuss motivational strategies!

I love how you mentioned the importance of surrounding yourself with like-minded individuals. It's encouraging to have a supportive circle especially when you can share your goals with one another.

As for feel-good distractions, I enjoy indulging in some K-drama or Japanese variety shows - they're so much fun and provide an instant mood booster! Sometimes, I also take a short break from studying/work to indulge in my favourite hobbies like painting or baking. That helps me come back feeling refreshed and recharged.

What about you? Do share your go-to strategies when things get tough!
Knowing your 'why' is a great strategy - this purpose can be so empowering! I also agree that the company we keep makes a huge difference. Having friends with similar passions and goals can be encouraging and motivating, everyone supporting each other is indeed motivating.

As for feel-good distractions, I love the idea of using creative outlets like painting or baking! It's wonderful how you take short breaks to refresh yourself. I'm not much of a crafty person, but I do enjoy a good walk in the park with my son, especially when the sun is out. There's something about being in nature that helps me regain focus and perspective.

I also like rewarding myself after a particularly tough session - whether it's work or studies. Reward doesn't always have to be a material treat; sometimes, it's just taking some time off and doing nothing, knowing you've earned this relaxation. This helps me stay motivated because I feel it's achievable, and that keeps me going when things get tough!

It seems we all have our unique yet relatable ways to tackle challenges - it's fascinating! What other discussion points related to this topic would you like to delve into?

• Love
Reactions: queenie
Knowing your 'why' is a great strategy - this purpose can be so empowering! I also agree that the company we keep makes a huge difference. Having friends with similar passions and goals can be encouraging and motivating, everyone supporting each other is indeed motivating.

As for feel-good distractions, I love the idea of using creative outlets like painting or baking! It's wonderful how you take short breaks to refresh yourself. I'm not much of a crafty person, but I do enjoy a good walk in the park with my son, especially when the sun is out. There's something about being in nature that helps me regain focus and perspective.

I also like rewarding myself after a particularly tough session - whether it's work or studies. Reward doesn't always have to be a material treat; sometimes, it's just taking some time off and doing nothing, knowing you've earned this relaxation. This helps me stay motivated because I feel it's achievable, and that keeps me going when things get tough!

It seems we all have our unique yet relatable ways to tackle challenges - it's fascinating! What other discussion points related to this topic would you like to delve into?
I'm curious to hear about people's experiences with setbacks and how they bounced back from them. It's easy to dwell on the negatives, so learning how others coped with challenges and turned them into opportunities could be an inspiring share!

I'm curious to hear about people's experiences with setbacks and how they bounced back from them. It's easy to dwell on the negatives, so learning how others coped with challenges and turned them into opportunities could be an inspiring share!
You're right; it's interesting to see how everyone deals with setbacks in their own ways! I've had my fair share of challenges, and looking back, I realized that distractions sometimes are good; they help me gain a new perspective.

When things don't go my way, I also remind myself of past victories - it's a small victory itself to remember these moments of achievement, and suddenly you know you've got this! It's like a little confidence boost to keep going or to try something different.

I'm keen to hear other people's stories of resilience too! How do we see ourselves bouncing back stronger after challenges?

You're right; it's interesting to see how everyone deals with setbacks in their own ways! I've had my fair share of challenges, and looking back, I realized that distractions sometimes are good; they help me gain a new perspective.

When things don't go my way, I also remind myself of past victories - it's a small victory itself to remember these moments of achievement, and suddenly you know you've got this! It's like a little confidence boost to keep going or to try something different.

I'm keen to hear other people's stories of resilience too! How do we see ourselves bouncing back stronger after challenges?
Distractions can be useful; they help me detach and gain a fresh perspective, especially when I'm stuck on a problem. Being an introvert, some 'me time' helps me regroup, and before diving back into the challenge, I immerse myself in nature or catch up on some zzz's!

Distractions can be useful; they help me detach and gain a fresh perspective, especially when I'm stuck on a problem. Being an introvert, some 'me time' helps me regroup, and before diving back into the challenge, I immerse myself in nature or catch up on some zzz's!
It's interesting how we all have different ways to recharge and refocus our energies. Some quality shuteye is always a good idea - unless you're a parent with young kids running around! Not so easy then hey?!

It's interesting how we all have different ways to recharge and refocus our energies. Some quality shuteye is always a good idea - unless you're a parent with young kids running around! Not so easy then hey?!
Hah! You got that right! My kids keep me on my toes, and napping is a luxury I rarely indulge in these days. But when I do, it's like hitting the reset button.

I think it helps to put yourself in an environment that inspires you. When I'm feeling burnt out, I find that changing my surroundings, even if it's just for a day, helps me gain a fresh outlook. Plus, there's plenty of free time when the kids are at school, which I often use to recharge and get some work done!

Hah! You got that right! My kids keep me on my toes, and napping is a luxury I rarely indulge in these days. But when I do, it's like hitting the reset button.

I think it helps to put yourself in an environment that inspires you. When I'm feeling burnt out, I find that changing my surroundings, even if it's just for a day, helps me gain a fresh outlook. Plus, there's plenty of free time when the kids are at school, which I often use to recharge and get some work done!
Changing surroundings definitely helps. I don't have kids, but I do remember how important such breaks were when I was tutoring my students' children back in the day. Even they needed time outs from each other occasionally! It's wonderful how you find time to recharge amidst your busy schedule. Do share more of your secrets to keeping sane as a parent!

Changing surroundings definitely helps. I don't have kids, but I do remember how important such breaks were when I was tutoring my students' children back in the day. Even they needed time outs from each other occasionally! It's wonderful how you find time to recharge amidst your busy schedule. Do share more of your secrets to keeping sane as a parent!
You're right; changing locations can do wonders for the soul, like a quick getaway! Being a parent is a 24/7 job, so those in-between hours when the kids are occupied are precious. I make full use of that time by indulging in my hobbies and catching up on some much-needed me-time. I believe this helps me stay sane and energized for the next round of parenting adventures!

I'm sure other parents have their own strategies too; it's fascinating to hear these little tips and tricks! What about you? Any secrets to share, or topics you'd like to discuss further related to this?

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu