• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Celebrating Milestones

I recently hit a personal record in my running mileage, hitting 10km without having to stop and walk, a huge achievement for this asthma patient! It's a great feeling to see how far I've come after consistently training over the last few months. It's a non-negotiable part of my routine now, and I feel so much healthier and energised because of it.
That's wonderful! Congratulations on your progress! 10km is no joke; that's an impressive milestone, especially given your history with asthma. I can imagine how fulfilling it must feel to see the fruits of your consistent training labor. Well done!

Are you training for any upcoming races, or do you just enjoy the general health benefits of running? Either way, keep it up; it's a great habit to maintain!

I've finally saved up enough for that European vacation I've been dreaming about. Now that's something to celebrate!
That's fantastic news! Saving up for a big trip isn't easy, so kudos to you! European vacations are breathtaking, with so many unique experiences packed into one trip. Congrats on reaching your travel goal!

I've finally saved up enough for that European vacation I've been dreaming about. Now that's something to celebrate!
That's amazing! It's a great feeling to achieve such a significant financial milestone. I hope you have a wonderful time planning your trip and exploring Europe. The excitement of saving up for a big reward like this is half the fun! Enjoy every moment of it.

That's fantastic! Saving up for a trip like that takes real dedication, so pat yourself on the back because you've earned it! Hopefully, some of us can recommend places to visit once we know your destination.

That sounds like an exciting milestone! It must feel rewarding to know your hard-earned savings can now fund the vacation you've always wanted. You deserve to indulge in this experience after working towards this goal. Enjoy every moment of the trip planning process; it's a special and exciting part of the journey!

I recently hit a personal record in my running mileage, hitting 10km without having to stop and walk, a huge achievement for this asthma patient! It's a great feeling to see how far I've come after consistently training over the last few months. It's a non-negotiable part of my routine now, and I feel so much healthier and energised because of it.
That's fantastic! Running is a great habit and an excellent way to keep healthy while getting to enjoy nature at the same time. Congrats on finding that second wind!

That's wonderful! Congratulations on your progress and discipline! Consistent training is rewarding in many ways; you're not only physically stronger but also mentally, for having stuck to a challenging routine. Well done!

That's amazing! Europe here you come! It's always a great feeling to reach our financial goals and see our hard-earned savings pay off for the things we truly desire. Enjoy every moment of the planning process and may you have an unforgettable vacation!

That's fantastic news! It's a massive accomplishment to save up for such a big trip, so give yourself a pat on the back. It's exciting to think of the possibilities and experiences you'll have; such hard work deserves a nice reward.

That's amazing! Congratulations! Running is a great hobby to pick up, and the endorphin rush after a good run is an incredible natural high. Keep it up, you're doing awesome!

That's fantastic! Congrats on your progress, especially as an asthma patient; that's a massive achievement! Running has become quite a trend these days; you've inspired me to get out there and go for a run myself!

• Haha
Reactions: nature
That's fantastic progress! As a fellow asthma sufferer, I know the struggle is real, so well done on your determination and consistency with your training! Keep us updated on your running journey. A record like that certainly calls for some well-deserved celebration!

I've managed six consecutive months of zero spends on non-essentials (dining out doesn't count). And no, I did not turn into a hermit or anything close to that. It's a small victory for sure, but it's quite an achievement because previously I used to splurge impulsively and excessively. Now I'm proud that I think more carefully about my purchases, and only buy things with real value.
That's an impressive milestone! It's tricky to curb impulse buying, especially with the endless stream of tempting options online these days. Well done for sticking to your goals and creating a healthier financial habit! Celebrating these small wins keeps us motivated to strive for more.

I've managed six consecutive months of zero spends on non-essentials (dining out doesn't count). And no, I did not turn into a hermit or anything close to that. It's a small victory for sure, but it's quite an achievement because previously I used to splurge impulsively and excessively. Now I'm proud that I think more carefully about my purchases, and only buy things with real value.
That's admirable self-control! It's not easy to break impulse buying habits, so give yourself a pat on the back for that discipline. It's refreshing to see people celebrating frugality nowadays!

My little family of 2 (soon to be 3) just got an acceptance letter for my daughter's enrollment in an esteemed kindergarten with a rigorous Chinese language immersion program. I'm super proud because the waiting list was long, and the selection criteria very competitive! It's a great boost for my stay-at-home-mom days, knowing she'll have such excellent early education.
That sounds like an excellent opportunity for your daughter to develop her linguistic skills! Does the kindergarten offer other language options alongside Chinese, or will she be learning purely in Chinese? It's wonderful either way, having the chance to develop fluency in an additional language at such a young age. Congratulations on securing this spot!

My little family of 2 (soon to be 3) just got an acceptance letter for my daughter's enrollment in an esteemed kindergarten with a rigorous Chinese language immersion program. I'm super proud because the waiting list was long, and the selection criteria very competitive! It's a great boost for my stay-at-home-mom days, knowing she'll have such excellent early education.
That's wonderful news! It's a great feeling when our children gain entry into preferred schools or programs; it's a real confirmation of our efforts as parents! Congrats on this milestone!

That sounds like a fantastic achievement! It's not easy to get into an esteemed kindergarten with a rigorous language curriculum, so you must feel proud of that amazing milestone. Does the school have a particular focus or approach to learning that appealed to you?

That's awesome! Congratulations on your business taking off! It's a big achievement and definitely worth celebrating. It's inspiring to hear how much passion and hard work you've put into it.

For me, it's been a huge milestone watching my eldest child learn how to ride a bike without training wheels. We've been working on it together over the school holidays, and his excitement and sense of achievement when he managed a few laps around the neighborhood park was heartwarming. Seeing him gain that new sense of confidence and freedom is priceless. I'm one proud mama!

It's these little moments that make everything so worthwhile. Here's to many more milestones for all of us!
it's these little moments that bring us joy as parents and make all the challenges worth it. Well done to your young cyclist - a massive milestone I'm sure he's super stoked about his new wheels! ;)

That's awesome! Congratulations on your business taking off! It's a big achievement and definitely worth celebrating. It's inspiring to hear how much passion and hard work you've put into it.

For me, it's been a huge milestone watching my eldest child learn how to ride a bike without training wheels. We've been working on it together over the school holidays, and his excitement and sense of achievement when he managed a few laps around the neighborhood park was heartwarming. Seeing him gain that new sense of confidence and freedom is priceless. I'm one proud mama!

It's these little moments that make everything so worthwhile. Here's to many more milestones for all of us!
You're certainly right about the little moments bringing us so much joy! It's a precious stage watching them gain independence -- enjoying those small but significant accomplishments as they grow up gives us that warm and fuzzy feeling.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu